FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 1:49 pm   Permalink

AloooooooooooooHA!!!

Payment requests were sent out today. I'd ask that you get to em as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Oh, and please let me know if you're mailing me something rather than paying online.

Also, as Hulacat pointed out, the rooms I had set aside for us (at the lower prices) are going just in general (not JUST the non-smokers). SO, if you havent booked your room yet, give the Super8 a call.

As usual, more info to come!!

ps I cant really take debit/credit card payments. The Paypal account is just a personal acct. Im allowed 5 credit/debit payments A YEAR. SO please take that into account too. Sorry.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-21 14:00 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 2:18 pm   Permalink

Do you wish a check? That is, is a check your preferred payment method?

Hmmmm.... Can I pay in rum? I know *YOU* will take that, but will the hotel?

[ This Message was edited by: Scottes 2007-05-21 14:19 ]

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 2:27 pm   Permalink

Checks are fine.

There's an address on the payment request to send em to.

While the rum is tempting, the Tour is running a bit in the red so I think we're gonna stick with money.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 3:13 pm   Permalink

i'm in dc for work right now, so the soonest i can take care of this is friday.
danke!

..sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 5:04 pm   Permalink

Oops went to e-mail first & paid through Pay-pal... My Bad... I got to learn to read before I leap!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 6:16 pm   Permalink

OK, so in less than two weeks you basically sold out the bus, you've got people flying in from PA, nine heavy hitters in the tiki community are supplying swag, and the #1 east coast Exotica band performing.......... like I said earlier, You've created a monster!!! MOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So for next year I'm thinking TWO buses, vendors at the hotel, more bands, live tiki carvings.......

Seriously Bargoyle, you owe yourself a huge pat on the back for taking the bull by the horns! You will go down in NE Tiki history!

[ This Message was edited by: Lukeulele 2007-05-21 18:17 ]

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 7:37 pm   Permalink

Luke,

its like your in my head man.

I HAVE already been thinking about next year!

And I'm pretty much thinking of everything you've got on there with one addition....

Guest speakers/seminars.

We'll see. That may be a bit aggressive. Maybe more of a year 3 thing.

Also, Im thinking late September for our event in the future. Less competition from other events, and New England in the fall is beautiful. Sill have nice warm days, etc etc.

But enough of that, I've still got THIS year to worry about!

Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 8:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-21 19:37, Bargoyle wrote:
I HAVE already been thinking about next year!

The sign of a true visionary!! You haven't even gotten through this years event and you are already thinking of bigger and better things for next year! This event can be nothing but successful with positive thinking like that!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 08:47 am   Permalink

WANTED: Lone tikiphile with $35 and a hankering for rum and thatch to take our last, single seat on the tour bus. We've already got a waiting list for 2-seat openings but if you're gonna be spending August 25th alone--why not spend it alone with us? Who knows--you might even be part of a
tiki hookup
yourself.

ALSO WANTED: People to sign up for the Hu Ke Lau show in Chicopee on August 24th. This a great way to warm up for the big show the next day. Not sure you wanna commit to the Big Show? The Friday show is a great way meet up with the local ohana and make your own escape if you find they're weirder than you.

http://www.northeasttikitour.com/signup.htm

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-24 09:31 am   Permalink

OK, slight change of plans... It just dawned on me how far Chicopee is from North Attleboro. SOOO, please sign Jill & myself up for the bus on friday night.(unless there's no bus, in which case I'll drive)

Mahalo!

P.S. Should I make reservations at the Hu Ke Lau? Or will the Grand NE Tiki Organizers take care of that?

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 9:50 pm   Permalink

Ok folks,

Its official. The Saturday Tiki Tour bus is SOLD OUT!!

We've got about 10 people on a waiting list, so if you want to secure your seat, get those payments in!

Full details on friday's HuKeLau show to come really soon.

If you cant be on the bus, you can still join us on Friday night for an evening of Polynesian music & dance!

Thanks to everyone for their interest in the Tour. I'm kind of overwhelmed by the response we've gotten. Nice to see the Northeast representin'!!

Mahalo & AlooooooooooooHA!!

paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 8:13 pm   Permalink

Are there any attendees from the NYC area? I'm in Manhattan and a bit transportation-less. If anyone wants to give me a ride (I will share expenses) to this event, please PM me.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-30 04:51 am   Permalink

Paranoid123, sending you a PM.

Martiki-bird (Gina & Damian)

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-30 5:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha NE Tiki Tour types!

If you are in need of a warm-up/shake-down activity to prep you for this great weekend in New England (and especially for the NY/NJ/PA crowd), I am having my annual Birthday Luau on 23 June here in Allentown. The address is 2892 Sweetbriar Ct. if you want to Mappquest it (zip 18103). I know some of you are already plnning to attend but anyone else who wants to join in the fun just PM me for details.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-01 1:33 pm   Permalink

Matt, if I was single and child-less, I'd dash off to Allentown for your luau. (also to Maui and the Marquesas). You married fathers understand.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation