[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki 1 of a Kind Tiki tOny
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
1 of a Kind Tiki tOny
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-28 2:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
Being that I am one HUGE Tiki tOny Fan and strive to collect the brightest, most colorful Tiki tOny mugs I can find I had a brilliant idea! Last December I Commissioned Tiki tOny himself to create me a drinking vessel, a HUt! like those tOny created his paintings. I had a ton of idea's in my head & tOny allowed me to some input then put it to all to life. It is an amazing work of art! I am honored to own this First One of a Kind Original by Tiki tOny. It was completed and delivered in early April 2007.
I was telling Ken Ruzic "Little Lost Tiki" to go to Ooga Mooga and see it. Ken suggested I show it here in TC so that it might be enjoyed by ALL collectors of art not just mug collectors. I was reluctant to do so, kind of not my style, but Ken was right. So tah dah!...showing you a small glimpse of it and invite you to see it in my collection in Ooga-Mooga and read more about it. I will soon have better pictures as well.
You may view it here:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2509 be sure to see all photos let me know you enjoyed it! A Million Mahaloz Again tOny & aLeNe, I Love it!

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-05-21 22:32 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 2:49 pm   Permalink

Wow! Psychedelic! I think someone sprinkled powdered mushrooms into my Mai Tai.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 3:07 pm   Permalink

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Wow! You were right,Hip,that piece is GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing this one! And Kudos to you Tony for creating this Masterpiece!! A lot of commissions just fall under the radar and viewed by very few...sad...sad...tikiTony's work is too loveable and magical to hide away from the world! I see your name above the door....I know this Dr. Shrinker fellow who might be able to help you out...Could somebody nominate this to Current and Cool?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 3:18 pm   Permalink

psychedelic shack, that where it's at! this is an amazing piece of art. great ideas, hip. i'm sure this is the centerpiece of your great collection.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 3:20 pm   Permalink

Oops. I just made a template for it, so it screwed up your link.

Here it is:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2509

It's a great piece. Seeing elements taken from paintings and made into something three dimensional always gives me a little thrill.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-28 4:17 pm   Permalink

Holy jehosphat....that is wonderful!!! I agree. gotta be your prized possession. Thanks for posting the pictures, I'll have to look at it over and over and over...fun!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 4:31 pm   Permalink

Congrats to the both of you! Hip for getting the idea to commission Tiki Tony and TT for such a beautiful job!

When I first opened this thread and saw that pop up I was completely like,"HOLY FREAKIN' ACID TRIP BATMAN!!" I think the shrooms are startin' to kick in and an Ohana Hut landed in Alice in Wonderland!

So when do we start drinkin'?

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 5:55 pm   Permalink

Thats wild! Nice score

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 3:52 pm   Permalink

I really dig vintage mugs, but that one makes my imagination leap. It gives me a new appreciation for the works of art being created today. Wow, that is a fantastic piece.
Congrats!

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-29 4:31 pm   Permalink

You must have been jumping(carefully) for joy when you pulled this one out. I can't wait to someday own some original Tiki Tony art. Thanks for sharing it with us!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 4:58 pm   Permalink

Fantastic piece of work.
Fluid and colorful and all tOny.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-29 5:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-28 15:20, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Oops. I just made a template for it, so it screwed up your link.

Here it is:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2509

It's a great piece. Seeing elements taken from paintings and made into something three dimensional always gives me a little thrill.

Mahalo Miss Tiki-Kate, your nothing less than FaNtaBulOs!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-29 5:33 pm   Permalink

So glad ya all like tOny's HiP lil HuT... tOny is amazing!

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 3:49 pm   Permalink

Way cool Tony!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 8:17 pm   Permalink

If Dr. Zeuss drank Mai Tais it would have been out of that thing.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation