advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Shrunken Skull
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Shrunken Skull
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-11 09:59 am   Permalink

Can't wait to try this Shrunken Skull at home. You guys are doing the Lord's work, keep it up!

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-01 11:16 pm   Permalink

Lots of new info on the Shrunken Skull since I first posted the review and tribute recipe. Click here for the latest updates ...

The Week in Tiki * Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

The official blog of The Hukilau

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-22 7:04 pm   Permalink

Made the Grog Log/Remixed version of the Shrunken Skull the other night and didn't care too much for it. Used homemade grenadine that was equal parts Pom juice and sugar with a couple drops of orange blossom water added and Hamilton Demerara and Flor de Cana gold for my rums. The grenadine and lime seemed to have completely overpowered the rums which didn't come through at all. So then tried the Atomic Grog version which only adds 1/2 oz cinnamon syrup (homemade per Berry's recommendation) and LH151 in place of the 86 proof Hamilton. Boy what a difference. After a few pulse blends I stirred in the shot of 151 with a cinnamon stick and every sip unleashed more and more flavor. This is definitely one I will be playing with some more in the future, maybe replacing the Flor de Cana with something a little more interesting.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation