FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis Roll Call
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis Roll Call
cultoftiki

Posted: 2007-07-10 5:13 pm   Permalink

We'll be attending our first Tiki Oasis this year...after missing a couple we finally pulled the trigger.

Already have my ticket for the Beachbum Berry symposium!

View Profile of cultoftiki Send a personal message to cultoftiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 7:25 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2007-07-12 15:38 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 10:52 pm   Permalink

Looks like I'll be there too! Hurray! We'll be vending too!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-07-12 1:01 pm   Permalink

OK....sometimes I can be technically challenged, but I can't figure out how to get tickets to the symposiums....I want to go to the Beach Berry one (like 5,000 others do). I have my tickets for Friday and Saturday night, but is there an additional ticket I need to get to attend the classes/presentations?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 1:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-12 13:01, VampiressRN wrote:
OK....sometimes I can be technically challenged, but I can't figure out how to get tickets to the symposiums....I want to go to the Beach Berry one (like 5,000 others do). I have my tickets for Friday and Saturday night, but is there an additional ticket I need to get to attend the classes/presentations?

There had better not be. I've already paid for two tickets, our room for four days, and countless necessities for the weekend. This things' already putting me in the poorhouse and I haven't even bought my booze yet!!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 1:41 pm   Permalink

Hey Vamp! Yes, there are separate tickets for the seminars such as Beachbum Berry's. You need to get back onto the Tiki Oasis website and click the area for Reservations, then click on Purchase Tiki Oasis Tixs. A listing of all extra seminars (free and for purchase) will be displayed. Pick the ones you want then you will need to pay for them upon exiting the website. I got a couple tickets each to Sven's and Beachbum Berry's. Make sure you check the times so you don't overbook your day of fun!!

See ya next month!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-07-12 1:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:
..but is there an additional ticket I need to get to attend the classes/presentations?

Yes, those are available on the
ticket purchasing page.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-07-12 10:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks Myke & Randy....I got my tickets.

Looks like I may not be the only one figuring out about getting symposium tickets, so hope other newbies see this information.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-13 01:21 am   Permalink

me and my friend will be there, i live in san diego so no way id miss this

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Aloha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-13 8:35 pm   Permalink

The wife and I will be attending for the 1st time. Any advice?

View Profile of Mr. Aloha Send a personal message to Mr. Aloha  Email Mr. Aloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-13 8:40 pm   Permalink

I just booked in for my 1st Oasis. Flying in from New York.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-16 12:34 am   Permalink

yes, the symposiums are priced and ticketed separately from the event. the ticket price for Oasis has not gone up (unlike the price of gas and food) but we added the symposiums so we have to add fees to cover costs.

Billybobaloo, obviously you have not been to Hukilau where similar seminars are similarly priced.

btw, Beachbum Berry is giving a very similar presentation at Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans this weekend. You can catch him there for $35 or go to Oasis and pay $25

Quote:

On 2007-07-12 13:20, billybobaloo wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-12 13:01, VampiressRN wrote:
I have my tickets for Friday and Saturday night, but is there an additional ticket I need to get to attend the classes/presentations?

There had better not be. I've already paid for two tickets, our room for four days, and countless necessities for the weekend. This things' already putting me in the poorhouse and I haven't even bought my booze yet!!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 01:57 am   Permalink

Yeah, I've got three kids and a mortgage on a government salary......Can't afford vacations to Florida. Maybe someday, after I'm done putting the little bastards through college, that will change, but until then my Vacations are spent locally.

25 bucks isn't too bad, but I'll be too busy chopping in the Tiki Village to be able to go to that. You guys can let me know how it was.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 07:45 am   Permalink

There'll be at least 20 (!) Tiki Carving Village demos through the weekend, and they're all free. We'll schedule them around the seminars, etc. so you folks can see everything.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:59 am   Permalink

Mr. Smiley and I will be there...

ZAZZ!

oh yeah, Russell will be coming to Oasis too.

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation