FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ California Events Ľ Ľ 2007 Lamp Day May 26th-Vista, CA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
2007 Lamp Day May 26th-Vista, CA
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 1:24 pm   Permalink

Working my schedule right now....should have a better idea in a few days...if I lose a spot that's ok... I know the gate combo, I'll just sit across the street and stalk all of you!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 9:10 pm   Permalink

all the electrical components arrived today...

everyones goodie bags are filling up with stufff.....

each bag will have ALL the parts required to build one lamp...

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-18 10:02 pm   Permalink

Sent ya an email. Sorry to miss your event....I know everyone will have fun and end up with a fine home bar lamp.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 07:19 am   Permalink

Justa reminder..

if your are in for Lamp Day.... please say so today (Monday).

I will PM you my address and the particulars upon confirmation.

Thanks for all the questions correspondence and interest thus far.

I think it will be fun.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2007-05-21 07:23 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 09:37 am   Permalink

Sounds like a great event! Schedule for the weekend is still up in the air (Go Ducks!)

Sent you a PM, Monkeyman

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ElDiablo

Posted: 2007-05-21 6:42 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman,
This is a great event you are hosting, I wish I could go but I just relocated to Austin, TX from California. Not a Hole lot of tiki here... except for the Hula Hut.

The mailing option is a great idea (As long as you have good instructions and not IKEA instructions)

The lamp looks great, good job!
I will e-mail you for a Kit as I need one of these lamps for my new home bar.

View Profile of ElDiablo Send a personal message to ElDiablo  Email ElDiablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 10:36 pm   Permalink

In addition to the festivities/activities of lamp building... Bosko has kindly offered to bring some of his rare vintage lamps with him for some fun show and tell.

Thanks Bosko for helping keep it fun and interesting.

My garage is wired for music... The Ipod will be shuffling or we can Listen to DVD's full of Gilligans Island episodes on the DVD player..

I will be serving drinks to those who can handle a glue gun and a little rum..

we will all work together...to make sure EVERYone is happy with the results of their project.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-22 05:36 am   Permalink

Careful not to glue your hand to the mug.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 05:49 am   Permalink

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 2:07 pm   Permalink

ok.. today I had 4 people bail out.

There is still room if you were thinking about it.

contact me soon.

Those of you who have signed up please paypal your lamp fees today.

PM me if you need the paypal account.

Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 7:38 pm   Permalink

I'm in! Can't wait... see you this Saturday.

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 7:46 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone, sorry I donít post more often,

The first time I saw this post I got that giddy olde timey Tiki feeling, here was something I am/was way into. When I first started going to Oceanic Arts back in the 80ís the thing that most impressed and confounded me about their product line was their lamps, how did they make those things? My room mate Mark and I would go down, come home, do sketches of all the cool lamps we would make someday, but I never got around building one then. I canít guess what I would have paid for the chance to learn all these skills way back when, but to have the chance to have all this knowledge back then would have been unimaginable. Any paying customers will have the chance to dig thru our Tiki grab bag, I have been cleaning studio the last few months and youíll get to rut around in what Iíve dug up.
See you all there,

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 7:53 pm   Permalink

Man, I wish I could make it down there for this! I wanna see what Bosko has in store... sounds like a lot of dang good fun! Unfortunately the big Memorial Day car show is happening down in Paso Robles this weekend and I gots to be there.

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA 2007-05-23 07:00 ]

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 10:21 pm   Permalink

Man, I am so glad that I will be able to make this event!

Monkeyman, Thanks for putting this together. As Bosko said previously, I have always wondered "How do they make those bitchen lamps?" Now I'll now!

See you all on Saturday!

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bincho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-22 10:59 pm   Permalink

Right On! I wish I could make it---grr!
Have to see about the kit....

View Profile of Bincho Send a personal message to Bincho      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation