FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-14 9:41 pm   Permalink

With close to 150 crawling and only handful of folks hosting, is anyone else thinking of making a tip jar available? I'm thrilled to be hosting again, but this can get expensive fast...

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-14 9:54 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-08-14 21:41, TikiHula wrote:
With close to 150 crawling and only handful of folks hosting, is anyone else thinking of making a tip jar available? I'm thrilled to be hosting again, but this can get expensive fast...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

On 2007-05-15 19:03, Shell in the Pacific wrote:

VampressRN wrote:

Hi there.....this will be my first Oasis, so of course I have a few questions about the room crawl.

Do crawlers usually bring a kudos gift to the hosts?

My response...

Aloha Vampiress,

I'm sure Hosts would appreciate donations or small gifts of appreciation/ tips, but that is entirely up to you/or them. Sometimes they make requests, such as bring a bag of ice, or something for mixing, like juice or booze.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-14 10:24 pm   Permalink

I am so swamped at work (it's after 10PM and I am still here!) I doubt I will have much time to prepare for tiki oasis. I am not planning on getting enough ingredients to make 150 drinks. I will serve until what ingredients I have are gone. Hopefully I can find enough time to pick a time for the crawl.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MzzTiki

Posted: 2007-08-15 01:24 am   Permalink

Tiki Al and MzzTiki will crawl

On 2007-05-14 15:34, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
Just an update, Folks! Tiki Oasis is less than 1 week away!

Mahalos to all of you who have posted your desire to host and/or crawl!
At this point we have 11, possibly 12, Hosts who have indicated their wish to serve drinks in their hotel rooms at the Crowne Plaza.

They are:
1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki (Serving Friday 3:00 - 4:30)
2. PiPhiRho
3. Croe67 & Skitiki (Serving on Friday 2:30 - 4:00)
4. Cult of the Eye/ Dr. Shocker (Serving Sat. Afternoon 12:30 - 1:30)
5. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki (Serving on Friday 4:00 - 5:30)
6. Tiki Hula & Blowfish (Serving Saturday from 2:30 to 3:30)
7. Billybobaloo & Latiney Wahine (Serving Sat. 4:30 - 5:30)
8. Sea Tiki
9. Rum Shaker (Possibly Sat.)
10.Wersmo Derinc (Purple Orchid's Dave & Rebecca) Serving Sat. 3:30 - 4:30
11.Morbid Room (Serving Sat. 4:00 - 5:00 & After party 12:00 - 1:00)
12.TikiTastic, Panda, Canada Kai Treasure TBD

Room Hosts, when you have chosen a time to serve drinks in your room, please post your name and time on this thread, or PM me and I will update the list. Thank you for your recent updates.

So far 136 people have indicated that they wish to crawl.

Dr. Shocker has been busy designing the Official Tiki Oasis 7 Crawl Card. He has posted that he will post a high res .pdf of the Crawl Card on Monday afternoon, that people can download and print themselves. I will update you with any new information on this thread.

I have dinner reservations for Thursday evening at the Bali Hai for 5:30. I will be handing out crawl cards at the bar at the Bali Hai between 4:30 - 5:30 and then again after dinner and during the show. See you there, or by the pool all day on Friday and at the shows on Friday and Saturday nights. Plus I will make an effort to visit each room that is hosting. See you there!

Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

Aloha, Tiki Oasis Room Hosts and Crawlers!

It's about that time, Folks. (Time to start thinking about the 2007 Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...that is.)

So who wants to be a Room Host? Who wants to crawl? Please respond to this thread if you would like to do either or both. Every year we have had a great response, and everyone has had lots of fun decorating their rooms, sampling drinks, and sharing thier hospitality and mixology skills!

As I have in the past, I will create a schedule of room hosts and the times they would like to serve drinks in their rooms. As usual, I will create and pass out the Crawl Cards and plastic sleeves on Thursday and Friday at the hotel.(Hopefully before I pass out.)

Anyone can e-mail me with any specific questions, of course. As soon as I get a few responses from interested Room Hosts, I will start posting the schedule. Room Hosts, start thinking about when you would like to open up your room to the crawlers, and let me know of your day and time.

I am looking forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting any newcomers! All are welcome!

Aloha & Mahalo,
Shellpacific@yahoo.com
Shell in the Pacific

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-07 13:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-08 13:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-10 14:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-11 15:07 ]
[/quote]

View Profile of MzzTiki Send a personal message to MzzTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-15 07:37 am   Permalink

WoooHoooo! 2 More Days!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 07:46 am   Permalink

For any hosts that are starting to feel a little "stressed" about getting things organized and ready for the crawl, please know there are crawlers that can't host (for various reasons) but are ready to help out anyway they can. This can be simply helping gather ingredients, chipping in some cash, or helping decorate your crawl room. This is a FUN event and should never make anyone feel any pressure. Let us know if you need a hand!!!

Aloha,
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 08:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-15 07:46, tikiwinebear wrote:
For any hosts that are starting to feel a little "stressed" about getting things organized and ready for the crawl, please know there are crawlers that can't host (for various reasons) but are ready to help out anyway they can. This can be simply helping gather ingredients, chipping in some cash, or helping decorate your crawl room. This is a FUN event and should never make anyone feel any pressure. Let us know if you need a hand!!!

Aloha,
Myke

Thanks, Myke!
SkiTiki & I are looking forward to seeing you again!!!

(this is us to refresh your memory of who we are from an '06 visit to the Bay area )

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-15 10:03 am   Permalink

Weather for Tiki Oasis VII (San Diego, CA)
Today 8/15 Thurs Fri Sat Sun
Partly Cloudy Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny
Hi:79/Lo:70 Hi:77/Lo:69 Hi:79/Lo:70 Hi:75/Lo:67 Hi:73/Lo: 66

WoooooHoooooOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-15 10:54 am   Permalink

I will once again be serving my own concoction the...

CANNIBAL!

(this is the kava-less version, of course)

Serving Friday 4PM to 5PM (give or take). And, if there is any left, perhaps friday night after the shows. Room 1751.

[ This Message was edited by: PiPhiRho 2007-08-15 18:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PiPhiRho 2007-08-17 15:04 ]

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 11:07 am   Permalink

PiPhiRho I can't wait those are damn tasty......most of the Room Host will have a tip jar out for your your contribution......

Hosts I have your host cards I will be in Lounge 1803 Thursday afternoon and will pass em off to Shell at the Bali Hai

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-15 11:30 am   Permalink

Aloha Fellow Crawlers and Room Hosts!

There is only one more day untill Oasis!

I hope you have had a chance to download/print your Crawl Card. Dr. Shocker of the Cult of the Eye Lounge 1803 has designed and posted a really groovy Official Crawl Card for the 3rd Annual Tiki Central Room Crawl at Tiki Oais 2007!

Crawlers,
Please go to the bottom of page 15 of this thread to print your card. The card is business card size when it is folded in half. One side contains your checklist of Room Hosts and the other side can serve as a name badge for you.

As I promised, I will be handing out crawl Cards at the Bali Hai on Thursday night and at the hotel/pool all day on Friday. I will also be supplying crawlers with lanyard string and plastic sleeves that can protect your card, while supplies last.

Room Hosts, Dr. Shocker has printed you out special badges that identify you as Room Hosts. As he has posted, he will be handing them out in the Cult of the Eye Lounge 1803 on Thursday afternoon, or you can pick one up from me when you see me at the Bali Hai that evening, or on Friday by the pool.

The most updated Room Crawl Schedule/ Serving times are posted on the first post on this thread, page one. Check there for the latest additions and two write ins: Zog and Flat Earth Trading Company.

I posted my picture below for those of you who do not know what I look like.

Can't wait to see you at at Oasis 2007!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-15 11:48 ]

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeLizard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-15 1:26 pm   Permalink

Please add me (Kal, aka loungelizard) and my GF Lisa to the room crawl list. Tnx!

View Profile of LoungeLizard Send a personal message to LoungeLizard  Email LoungeLizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 1:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-15 11:30, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
I posted my picture below for those of you who do not know what I look like.

Here's another

Shell, I was looking for one of you in your fancy pirate costume, but that's the best I could come up with on short notice. See you at Oasis!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 2:29 pm   Permalink

Oh hey, since other folks are posting about mugs and stuff that they're going have available during the crawl, I was thinking about selling one of these:

A Forbidden Island Limited Edition Fugu Mug. I was thinking about maybe raffling it off, if there was enough interest. Any comments?

I was also thinking about selling one of Nacho's Severed Head Tribute Mugs:

And also Nacho's Forbidden Island Roberto Loco mugs:

I hate the thought of selling or raffling off these items, but I'm pretty damn broke right now, and this would help a lot. If you're interested, let me know. I just might bring a couple more cool items as well.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 4:18 pm   Permalink

Oh crap! Tiki Oasis starts tomorrow! So much to do!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation