FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 08:41 am   Permalink

Coco Loco and Mai Tai are in for crawling...and might possibly host.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 09:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-25 08:32, Coco Loco wrote:
If the hotel doesn't sell out, reservations will open to the general public in July. Therefore, it may not be TC only. A public board, could be a bit scary concept for a potential host.

Excellent point, Miss Loco. Silly me. I really hadn't thought of that.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 09:37 am   Permalink

something else to consider is that the hotel would NOT condone traveling room parties where they are actually serving alcohol to large groups of people for free.

The hotel is having us fill their rooms so that they can drive ancillary revenues through their food and beverage facilities.

A room crawl circumvents all of that.....

I would keep the crawl as covert as possible.

Im not trying to poo poo it either... I was a host last year.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 11:40 am   Permalink

That then means that the eisle in the lobby is out? This cracks me up about the Hotel industry. They will probably get slammed the first night, and when things die down on the crawl get slammed again by TO drunks. Just another example of the suits not getting it.

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 11:45 am   Permalink

MMan is correct. The vague spectre of the hotel closing down the room parties is a very real one. There's nothing that can be done about it, though; the whole point of Otto renting out the hotel exclusively for the Oasis is so they CAN'T in fact do exactly that.

Hey, can somebody please tell me in plain language what exactly Shelly is planning to give out to people?

Why do we have to 'chase her'? Can we just meet her at the bar at noon? Or at the pool? This is a really big hotel, an ounce of organization is worth two hours of flatfooting the grounds. My feet hurt already.

And what are the plastic-coated cards all about? Will they describe where the parties are, and when, which is all we really want to know?

I just don't get it.

Is this a big secret? Are the Eyeball guys involved? (they're involved in everything) Are you Eyeball guys inventing some kind of nuclear powered red-eyed perpetual drink dispensor? Or something even more nefarious?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 12:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-25 11:45, Cammo wrote:
Hey, can somebody please tell me in plain language what exactly Shelly is planning to give out to people?

Why do we have to 'chase her'? Can we just meet her at the bar at noon? Or at the pool? This is a really big hotel, an ounce of organization is worth two hours of flatfooting the grounds. My feet hurt already.

Is this a big secret? Are the Eyeball guys involved? (they're involved in everything) Are you Eyeball guys inventing some kind of nuclear powered red-eyed perpetual drink dispensor? Or something even more nefarious?

Mmmm...perpetual drink dispenser. Can mine be full of vodka?

Good point though, Cam. It seems kind of uncool to make folks chase down Shelley. One meeting time and place would be good for the people who simply want to get their drink cards or whatever and continue on with their fun and their awesome, scavenger hunt-like quest for the locations of the rooms where drinks are being served.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 12:06 pm   Permalink

The chase down has always worked very well in the past - really. Shelly seems to always be everywhere, so really not hard.......

Here's the '05 card, which I found in the Room Crawl '05 thread - if you'd like to read some history on the room crawl, that thread is the one to read.

& Shelly is so gracious to provide a limited number of plastic pouches that hold the card around your neck, which handily identifies you as a crawler & keeps you from losing your souvenir card

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 12:18 pm   Permalink

Yep. I remember the 2005 crawl. I never did see Shelley that year. Apparently, I wasn't looking in any of the right places. After playing the Where's Shelley game for quite some time, I gave up.

But that's just me. Oh well.

I did make it to TikiMatt's room because the Tropics was such a small place. He made something called Monkey Piss, and it was fabulous. He's a great guy, and I've had the pleasure of buying many a mug from him. Looking back at that list, I really wish I'd gotten the chance to meet some of the other room hosts.

Again, just didn't know where on Earth to find Shelley.

No big deal. If it works for everyone else, I don't want to makes waves.

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 3:06 pm   Permalink

So the room crawl cards just have the host names on them and no other information? How do we find the times and places? Huh? Sounds like a lot of work. I'd rather be floating in the pool.

What is the purpose of these cards? Do you have to have a card to crawl? Why? Is there a limited amount of crawlers?

I read the earlier threads, and still don't get it.

And what's up with those Eyeball guys? Everybody hushes up when they're mentioned. It's mysterious.

Am I asking too many questions or not enough?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 3:12 pm   Permalink

A meet-up might not be a bad way to kick it off - Which maybe could be at the first room on the crawl, which crawlers could be notified of before Oasis starts?? Just a thought - might not work..........

The challenge is that people arrive at different times & days - scheduling a time to meet-up that meets most people's schedules, I would guess, would be pretty tough. I am guessing that rooms will start hosting Thursday night (??), as usual.

If you don't know Shell (I didn't know her when I was looking for her at Oasis V), my advice would be to ask around - that worked very well for us, though that was at the Caliente Tropics.....

It's all in the spirit of FUN - just like mug hunting - finding the rooms & hosts by word of mouth is fun - and you meet more people that way, too

Whatever Shell will do will be great, as she's the real experienced one at all of this.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-05-25 3:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-25 15:06, Cammo wrote:
I read the earlier threads, and still don't get it.

You might have missed this one.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14339&forum=17

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-25 4:15 pm   Permalink

Shell of The Pacific Has Been and Is In Charge of the Room Crawl. SoccerTiki and I have participated in this event for the past two years both as Crawlers and Room Hosts. Shell has always gone out of her way to make sure everything is perfect for the crawl. In the past two years I have not heard one negative thing said by anyone. Everyone just needs to be patient and wait for instructions. Trust me it will be Tiki-rrific!! Like the Old Saying goes: Too many fingers spoil the stew. I think Shell deserves a TC round of applause for taking the time to plan this fun event for everyone.

So who else is up for being Room Hosts???

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-24 16:53, Shell in the Pacific wrote:

Anyone's ideas for making the room crawl run smoothly are encouraged and welcome. If you would like to contribute by creating something to share with others, that is encouraged as well. Feel free to post your ideas and intentions on this thread. Thank you everyone for your support!

Quote:

On 2007-05-25 16:15, WooHooWahine wrote:
Everyone just needs to be patient and wait for instructions. Like the Old Saying goes: Too many fingers spoil the stew.

So are ideas encouraged and welcome or not? I'm confused again.

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-25 4:34 pm   Permalink

All I know is I'm looking forward to finding Shelley when I get there and see what she has up her sleeves!!! Last year's tiki pendant was very cool! Anything I can do to help Shelly, just let me know!

And if you host it THEY will come (or they go thirsty!!!)

WoooHooooOOOoooooo!!!!

84 days till Oasis!!!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 5:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-25 16:15, WooHooWahine wrote:
Shell of The Pacific Has Been and Is In Charge of the Room Crawl. SoccerTiki and I have participated in this event for the past two years both as Crawlers and Room Hosts. Shell has always gone out of her way to make sure everything is perfect for the crawl. In the past two years I have not heard one negative thing said by anyone. Everyone just needs to be patient and wait for instructions. Trust me it will be Tiki-rrific!! Like the Old Saying goes: Too many fingers spoil the stew. I think Shell deserves a TC round of applause for taking the time to plan this fun event for everyone.

So who else is up for being Room Hosts???

Hear, Hear

I'm sure she'll take everyone's thoughts into account - just trust in the Shell to do a GREAT job

&, yep, we're hosting, too

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation