FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-10 4:35 pm   Permalink

I like the "Cheeky Pink Monkey" best..the word pink provides a virtual prompt.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 1:57 pm   Permalink

oh i think our Room Crawl time will be during the day....we are having other activities at other times.....I will let you know when we get closer

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 10:38 pm   Permalink

Grace and I will be staying at the hotel beginning on Thursday nigh.......Kinda silly since we already live in San Diego, but we don't want to miss out on any drinking.......er, I mean fun. Anyone getting in on Thursday as well?

If there are 53 people crawling so far, then I think I'll be bringing the punch bowl and just making one huge batch.

Everyone is bringing their own mug , right? Just wondering if I need to bring cups or not.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-12 07:50 am   Permalink

Aloha Billy,
Thanks for joining the fun, and Hosting! The punch bowl is probably a good idea. Usually hosts have provided paper/plastic cups (for portion control reasons,or whatever) but if you want to request that people bring their own cups/mugs that would be fine. I am sure there are plenty enough throughout the hotel.
Last year I printed and handed out 97 crawl cards, but not everyone shows up at each room, so just make as much punch as you desire, and when it is gone, it's gone! Then you will know you had a good time!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-12 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-12 07:50, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
Aloha Billy,
Thanks for joining the fun, and Hosting! The punch bowl is probably a good idea. Usually hosts have provided paper/plastic cups (for portion control reasons,or whatever) but if you want to request that people bring their own cups/mugs that would be fine. I am sure there are plenty enough throughout the hotel.
Last year I printed and handed out 97 crawl cards, but not everyone shows up at each room, so just make as much punch as you desire, and when it is gone, it's gone! Then you will know you had a good time!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

Better yet........DON'T bring your own mug. I'll have cups. I didn't even think about portion control. My recipe for an entire bowl calls for two 750ml bottles of rum, ice, juice, secrets, etc......I'm really going to feel like a tit if I'm frugal with it and end up with half a bowl left. I'm sure SOMEONE will drink it!!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-12 2:35 pm   Permalink

In past Crawls, I've pre-made batches and kept them in 1/2 gallon containers in a cooler.
I've also made drinks individually. I've always provided my own cups 'cause I like to estimate how many drinks I can afford to pour so I mix according to cup size. (12 oz, 14 oz. or 16 oz.)

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-12 5:07 pm   Permalink

As much as I'd love to make individual drinks, we'll be premixing, too, because the NEW drink we'll be serving takes WAY too many ingredients to make them individually. You'll have to come to our room during the crawl to find out what it is & pick up the recipe

We'll have plenty of space to keep 'em cold since we're in one of the suites - and it'll be a fun place to hang out during the crawl & at other times, too.....

Can't wait for Oasis!!! Really looking forward to it after a 1 year hiatus.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeachyTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-12 8:42 pm   Permalink

We would love to join in the crawl. This will be our first Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of BeachyTiki Send a personal message to BeachyTiki  Email BeachyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SeaTiki (we're back...)

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:26 am   Permalink

Aloha friends,
Please sign us up to HOST & CRAWL as we will be returning to Oasis this year!
And so are we, so are we...

View Profile of SeaTiki (we're back...) Send a personal message to SeaTiki (we're back...)      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:33 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: dibroc 2007-06-13 11:42 ]

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiblog.com
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-19 6:36 pm   Permalink

We are way late in signing on, but count MexicanTiki and I in on crawling!

View Profile of tikiblog.com Send a personal message to tikiblog.com  Email tikiblog.com Goto the website of tikiblog.com     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaliTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-28 1:50 pm   Permalink

Hey, I would love to crawl! This will be my first Tiki Oasis and I would love to make new friends. I'll be at all the classes - Dance Lessons, Berry Drinks, Dom P., etc. I'll be rolling in from LA on Thursday for the party so I hope to see you there! The dogs are staying home! Cheers!

View Profile of CaliTiki Send a personal message to CaliTiki  Email CaliTiki Goto the website of CaliTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 4:57 pm   Permalink

Hubby and I would like to crawl as well, please add us to the long list!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-28 6:58 pm   Permalink

First of all, it is not silly for a San Diegan to stay at the hotel. You get to walk to parties, use a jacuzzi and pool, room service in the morning . . . .
Matt Reese and a few other
San Diegan are staying at the hotel too!

as for Thursday, it will be a humdinger as we already have over 120 rooms booked for that night
That's a quarter of the hotel
that's about double what we had last year on Thursday

Only problem is that room parties may get shut down or cut short on Thursday as we do not *own* the hotel

Quote:

On 2007-06-11 22:38, billybobaloo wrote:
Grace and I will be staying at the hotel beginning on Thursday nigh.......Kinda silly since we already live in San Diego, but we don't want to miss out on any drinking.......er, I mean fun. Anyone getting in on Thursday as well?

If there are 53 people crawling so far, then I think I'll be bringing the punch bowl and just making one huge batch.

Everyone is bringing their own mug :sheckymug:, right? Just wondering if I need to bring cups or not.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 8:08 pm   Permalink

Please count me and hubby David in for the crawl! I'll probably travel with a mini Dixie cup to pace myself on the drinks, ha ha. Shell, or anyone who needs volunteer help can contact me too.
I look forward especially to the Cheeky Pink Monkey libation!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation