FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Backyard Pond Progress Pix - Update
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Backyard Pond Progress Pix - Update
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-09 7:37 pm   Permalink

Looks fabulous and the sand around outside was a brilliant idea....it looks very beachy.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-05 08:17 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone! I haven't been here in a long long time but I thought I'd post a few new pictures of the pond seven years later! It's held up great over the years. I just upgraded the equipment to a proper "in-ground" mega pump and filter and I tell you, those waterfalls are gushing like never before!

The old original waterfall pump finally died last fall so I upgraded everything.

I'm very happy with this pond and it's been the focal point of the yard for all these years now. So if you ever consider building one, I'd definitely recommend it! Everyone loves it. My only regret... I would have made it a little bigger! LOL.

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-05 08:25 am   Permalink

It looks absolutely great!! I am much impressed by your lava texture. Is there a thread anywhere here where you discuss the specifics of how you did that?

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-05 08:30 am   Permalink

Hey Gwen, this is the thread that shows pictures of the construction. Scroll back to page one and read through it. For the actual lava texture, I made a mixture of mortar mix, concrete and a little lime smoothed onto metal lathe. One the first coat was set up, I scooped on the second coat and that's the coat I textured. I used a rough broom to stamp in an overall texture, then came back in with sticks to poke/carve in bigger holes. I sculpted the underlying rough shapes with a trowel. It was fun but a lot of work. Ultimately very worth the effort though.

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-05 08:45 am   Permalink

Somehow I miss this the first time around. I really enjoyed going back to see all of your photos. What a beautiful place to hang out. Being able to sit on the edge is over the top wonderful. I want to put my feet in there too. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-05 12:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Paul!

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 9 days ago; 1:29 pm   Permalink

Wowo that is amazing. You did a great job. Now I want to build something like that next to my tiki bar. Thanks for the great idea

View Profile of Lucky Star Tiki Bar Send a personal message to Lucky Star Tiki Bar  Email Lucky Star Tiki Bar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 9 days ago; 4:02 pm   Permalink

It should be known that I just showed this post to my wife. She likes the idea. We may start building in the spring. Did you have any idea how to do this? Where did you get the knowledge for this kind of build. I am just learning about using cement on a completely different hobby (Garden Railroading) Any good books you can steer me too? thanks

View Profile of Lucky Star Tiki Bar Send a personal message to Lucky Star Tiki Bar  Email Lucky Star Tiki Bar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation