FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Thee Official PIRATE Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Thee Official PIRATE Thread
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 2:31 pm   Permalink

......That sucks about your camera Vamp! Mines the same way. Hell, I dont even have the buttons on my belly memorized!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-31 5:25 pm   Permalink

Forgot ta saa Unga....dat cartoon made me fall out laffin!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 01:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-23 05:48, VampiressRN wrote:

I got all caught up in Davey Jones beard. I kept wondering if that was a mechanical thing or animation?It was totally insane.

Hey Vampi,

I believe you'll have a happy answer to that question if ya watch the DVD extras! It was so amazing because it was REAL....they did it with animatronics so they were all controlled off camera....freakin' amazing results!

For all ye pyrate fans round these here parts be it known that the 1st Annual Northern California Pirate Festival is bein' held right on my home port of Vallejo!
http://www.norcalpiratefestival.com/
It will be on thar waterfront lookin' 'cross at ye ole Mare Island on the 16th & 17th of June in yer year of yer lord Two Thousand and Seven.

Tiki Hunter may be down thar vending....word still pending...so keep an eye out....aaaarrrrr!!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 01:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-30 21:27, RevBambooBen wrote:

Just got to finger out how to use my new camera!

ARRRRRR RRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

On 2007-05-31 10:07, VampiressRN wrote:
Good luck with that digital camera Ben.....I still can't figure mine out. The funny thing is....they put pictures on the dials to make it easier to use....but I can't remember what the pictures stand for and can't frikken see em cause they are too small. I read an article once about how to be an expert with a digital camera and the bottom line was....you need to have your buttons all memorized so that you don't need to look at them, you should be able to move them to the right locations by touch memory. ARRRRRRGH!!!

Ya know I could definely help with that...1st lesson's free!
Or just HIRE ME and I'll take photos for ya!
If I don't start charging I'll never have a pirate ship in MY backyard!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-04 06:33 am   Permalink

Thanks for the great link DrTikiMojo....we should get a group of TCers to make that event. Hope you get on as a vendor there.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 12:36 am   Permalink

just a quick pic of the new addition in my backyard

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 6:25 pm   Permalink

Neato--I just ran across this thread. The city I live in (or near--Charleston, SC) is rich in pirate history. There is a restaurant near here called 'Queene Anne's Revenge' , named after Blackbeard's ship. It's an 'arrrrrsome' place full of authentic pirate weapons, bottles, doubloons and other treasures, ship parts, etc. I think I've actually heard it called the largest pirvately owned collection of authentic pirate memorablia in the world, maybe?

Here's a link to their website. There is a page that has a virtual tour of some of the place. There's alot to look at there and the virt-tour really doesn't do the place much justice..guess ya'll just need to come on down and visit fer ye selves.
http://qarevenge.com/

Being a graphic artist for several resortwear companies, I have to do some pirate graphics for t-shirts a good bit, especially after a new POC movie comes out.
I'll see If I can post ye some jpegs here of some pirate design stuff soon.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-26 9:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the link surf-n-turf.....fun.

I know Bincho went to that Vallejo Pirate extravaganza that DrTikiMojo posted....so hopefully he will weight in here with a review of the event.

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 1:33 pm   Permalink

I know that there are alot of reviews of it (and other local pirate events) on the Tales of the Seven Seas website.

http://www.talesofthesevenseas.com/

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-02 9:34 pm   Permalink

Ooooh thanks...lot'o grate links dar!!!!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-25 7:42 pm   Permalink

Gonna have me first Pirate themed tiki party VampTiki #3 so wanted to make sure all you pirate enthusiasts knows ya are personally invited!!!

Plus had to link us all over to Queen Kamehameha's fabulous thread, cause that BambooBen ship in da backyard is dabomb!!!

The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-30 10:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-27 18:35, Polynesiac wrote:
very confusing movie - too many twists and turns and what plot?!?!?! but who cares!!!! Kieth Richards was MADE for his part!!!!! He was the best!!!!

He WAS made for his part.

This is just hearsay, but I heard said by a friend who is a Johnny Depp and Pirates fanatic that Johnny Depp originally patterned his Jack Sparrow look after Keith Richards. Makes sense when you think about it. When the script called for Jack's father to appear, it was only natural to call in the blueprint.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-02 1:12 pm   Permalink

arrrrr ya scurvy tikilubbers. every year in tampa florida we have a big pirate invasion and party. check ye olde link and come get some pirate booty.

http://gasparillapiratefest.com/

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-02 2:03 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC and thanks for the link. Looks like more of a children's event though...and ALCOHOL-FREE...not the kind of Piratey event most of us drinkers would attend. But it looks like it is well planned, so hope ya have fun!!!

Now off to my Grog Log to figure out how to make the Grog for my next party.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-18 8:36 pm   Permalink

Fair Hale you Heathen....
September 19th (every year) is International Talk Like A Pirate Day, so get ready for tomorrow. Slip nta yer native tongue you scallywags and talk
pirate.

SoccerTiki posted a great test and way to get a pirate name....go get yer name here.

Thanks ST...that was fun. My name be Morgan Rackham.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation