FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 7:05 pm   Permalink

Gogo and Dani - I just don't even know what to say anymore.

You really just keep bringin' it. Bigtime.

Thanks for posting all your work - it is so great to see (and buy!)

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-24 3:20 pm   Permalink

[quote]
[i]On 2008-07-23 15:10, teaKEY wrote:[/i]
Go, you're making good molds and the the glazes are detailed and a great color combination. You should make an orignal design / sclupt and start to sell mugs that are Go Go tiki. Like a run of 50. Love to see that
[/quote]
Thanks Teakey, I do make very many original sculpts and I do runs on the items from 25 to 50 all ready depending on the complexity! I do sometimes make some items from vintage molds that I acquire, Which I don't call my own, But I have many original items out Teakey, Look back at my thread! Mahalo! Gogo

Lamps are in the kiln! Stay tuned for pics.!
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-24 4:40 pm   Permalink

Well you called that candle your own when it very obviously isn't, and then concocted some ludicrous story about using a pic which looks nothing like it:

I couldn't care less if you're selling it - the guy who made the sculpt in the 60s probably wouldn't care either if he's still around - but I do find it odd you're trying to pass it off as something you created from scratch. If you use source material, credit it - putting a lei on a Pisco moai decanter, a fez on an OMC moai or chopping the topknot off a Maori Head candle doesn't make it an "original sculpt". If it's a repro, sell it as such.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-24 6:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-24 16:40, Paipo wrote:
Well you called that candle your own when it very obviously isn't, and then concocted some ludicrous story about using a pic which looks nothing like it:

I couldn't care less if you're selling it - the guy who made the sculpt in the 60s probably wouldn't care either if he's still around - but I do find it odd you're trying to pass it off as something you created from scratch. If you use source material, credit it - putting a lei on a Pisco moai decanter, a fez on an OMC moai or chopping the topknot off a Maori Head candle doesn't make it an "original sculpt". If it's a repro, sell it as such.

It's Cool, If you look real close my sculpt lines are different, I realy did this from a picture! Still not going to sell it, Too close to your candle art, No Big deal, on to the next project! Thanks for letting me know! Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-24 18:20 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-24 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-24 18:19, GO TIKI wrote:
Quote:

It's Cool, If you look real close my sculpt lines are different,The eyes, Nose, Mouth, Hair Line, ect. I realy did this from a picture! Still not going to sell it, Too close to your candle art, No Big deal, on to the next project! Thanks for letting me know! Mahalo! Gogo
My Hair line, Nose, Eyes, and Mouth are different, I think, What you all think? A copy?

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-24 19:06 ]

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-24 9:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-24 19:02, GO TIKI wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-24 18:19, GO TIKI wrote:
Quote:

It's Cool, If you look real close my sculpt lines are different,The eyes, Nose, Mouth, Hair Line, ect. I realy did this from a picture! Still not going to sell it, Too close to your candle art, No Big deal, on to the next project! Thanks for letting me know! Mahalo! Gogo
My Hair line, Nose, Eyes, and Mouth are different, I think, What you all think? A copy?

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-24 19:06 ]

The face and the unique base of the candle/mug look pretty identical to me. Good mold and glaze job though.

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 11:27 am   Permalink

Thanks All for your post and opions,

Leisure Master-Joe
Babalu
Paipo
Tabu
RugbyMatt
Croe67-Caroline

Here is a project, I have been working on for awhile Go Tiki - "Surf Rider 1960" I'm happy to finally get some lamps out, This is the first in a serious of 10 or so, Different lamps of 25 to 50 of each, Depending on the complexity, The Greenish lamp is a high fire glaze, Looks real cool in person, I work a lot with my brown under glaze - glaze combo, I like the results, I probably going to sell the lamps with custom fiberglass shades at the shows, And if I ship them I'll probably just give a contact number or web-link to where I buy mine from, To save on shipping, What you think? Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-25 11:27 ]

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 11:37 am   Permalink

Two thumbs up on the lamps

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 11:47 am   Permalink

Gogo,
that green glaze is rich! Nice choice

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I think the picture looks like both my sculpt and the candle for the most part, Any way Paipo thanks for your opinion.

Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-25 12:23 pm   Permalink

The lamps are a winner! I want one!!!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 6:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha GoTiki.

Cool lamp base. Do you know who originally made the mold? It's one of those mysteries that plagues me.

This guy lives in my guest bathroom. (Sorry, he's a little dusty.)

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 9:19 pm   Permalink

I was given this original mold, From a lady in San Diego to make a couple of lamps in exchange for the mold, She said it was from 1960, There is no markings on the mold, Actually the mold is made for a statue, I converted it to make lamps. I have some cool lamps that I have sculpted comming soon!

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-25 21:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-25 21:22 ]

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 07:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-25 21:19, GO TIKI wrote:
I was given this original mold, From a lady in San Diego to make a couple of lamps in exchange for the mold, She said it was from 1960, There is no markings on the mold, Actually the mold is made for a statue, I converted it to make lamps.

Darn. I was really hoping for a maker's name or something. But thank you for the info.

Is the mold that you have two-sided or just one? The piece I showed has a flat back, so I'm assuming it came from a one-sided mold.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 09:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-26 07:06, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-25 21:19, GO TIKI wrote:
I was given this original mold, From a lady in San Diego to make a couple of lamps in exchange for the mold, She said it was from 1960, There is no markings on the mold, Actually the mold is made for a statue, I converted it to make lamps.

Darn. I was really hoping for a maker's name or something. But thank you for the info.

Is the mold that you have two-sided or just one? The piece I showed has a flat back, so I'm assuming it came from a one-sided mold.

Hey Kate, My mold came as a two sided mold, But I had to modify it a lot to make it work as a lamp, Especially the back half. Mahalo! Gogo

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation