FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 5:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Holden!, We have been working on a volcano bowl that would serve 10 people, For a So.Cal restraunt, The bowl holds a wooping 160oz -5 quarts! Yikes! The Moai's are inlaid with real New Zealand abalone, Here's our artist proof, Thanks Holden very much appreciated, This bowl would not have never come to be! Mahalo! Gogo

We are going to bring out the sand bottom more to the inside of the bowl, And make the volcano a little bit lighter brown, What you think? Thanks for looking at my post! Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2008-09-17 6:43 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! Looks TIKI-RRIFIC

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 6:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks Whoo-Hoo Karen, Still working on the glaze a bit, Going to make the volcano lighter, The sand wider, The outside browner, Should look cool when done, This is just an idea on how it will look, This is a large project to test glaze! The bowl is well over a foot round! I Need to refine the hut village a little bit, hugs Karen, Gogo

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-21 01:38 am   Permalink

Hey Thanks All! I have had a lot of people wanting a GO-T-Moai lamp, The price is $125.00 including the lamp kit installed, You supply your favorite shade, I suggest DeadlyNightshades.com, I make these in various colors, I'll have some ready to vend at the next invited show! Here is my latest retro look lamp:

Would Look Great In Your Tiki Bar! What You Think? Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-09-21 01:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-09-21 11:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-09-21 11:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-09-21 12:06 ]

GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-25 4:34 pm   Permalink

Wow! Who wants to think about the Holiday's all ready! Well I have to, If I want to get a run of 25 plus mugs out of a single mold! In time for the Holidays, Our "Mo-Ho-Ho-Ho" mug - Moai meets old world Santa Claus, Maybe even a Rabi look too! The red, white and black glaze will make this pop! For sure, It will be a fun mug for the Holiday cheer! Here is the sculpt pictures:

Cheers! Gogo

GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-25 6:12 pm   Permalink

I have noticed in the Tiki World, That there is not much showing for stand alone mugs and ceramics, Unless your Squid! Great showing and what a Grand display of art! Or Crazy Al too! Almost all shows are hung artwork by Great artist, Well I'm not a painter/artist. My canvas is on ceramics as well as Dani, I'm going to move on into the 3D world of art and combine my ceramics into paintings, Though a small example with these plaques, I'm going to move on to some large scale wall art, With my ceramics, I would love to work with Kinny, because he's my friend, Or whoever has the vision that I do? Who knows, I just might buy me some paints and brushes and paint myself! I'm going to be working on a large scale art wall hanging soon, I think 3D art is going to be the next cool thing! I hade this idea for years, Well before mugs where cut in half and then art worked, I just wasn't know enough to be able to approach this idea!

Maori with real New Zealand Abalone:

Kowloon Tiki:

Pineapple Tiki:

I think the plaques would look cool with some paint artist flair!
The Big wall art will look cool, When I finish all the ceramic pieces!

What you think? Gogo

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-25 6:27 pm   Permalink

I did have the opportunity to see these in "real life" last weekend and they look very cool.... great idea, I would also like to see the art talents of a few out there add their own touch to the plague. I'd like one with some great surf art myself.

I was lucky enough to score a Moai eye lamp last weekend from GoTiki.. I just ordered a fiberglass shade for it. It's gonna be badass! I'll post a picture soon as the shade arrives. Thanks Gogo & Dani!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-25 6:28 pm   Permalink

as soon as i get some time,I'm headin back to the Gohut
meebee i'll bring squid!
that kowloon fellow is soooo fun!
and keep the volcano bowl as is...
it's perfect!
the volcano lightened might make the huts less readable
keep it!
it's perfect!
wall Art!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-27 05:43 am   Permalink

Awesome details.

Can't wait to see the 3-D !

You guys are IN for the next BB hut show.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 6:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kinny, Kelly, and Ben, Looking forward to it Ben, Thanks a bunch!

"Mo-Ho-Ho-Ho" Glazed, Looks pretty cool for an AP, Might change some colors, But close to what I hade pictured in my mind! What you think? Mahalo! Gogo, And thanks all who ordered one all ready! Wow!

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-09-30 18:57 ]

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 08:29 am   Permalink

Hi-larious!
great twist on an old standard!
You kids are so FUN!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 2:23 pm   Permalink

Pretty cool, Go Tiki. But I think I would have left his face stone colored -- gray/brown. For some reason I find that funnier.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-01 3:42 pm   Permalink

Gogo, I have to agree with arriano. I think he looses his "Moainess" when he's not stone colored. What's the plan for him? He'd make a great lamp!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-02 5:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks All, I'll glaze his face in stone, That's why I post my stuff on here to get some input, Thank You! Mike the "Mo-Ho-Ho-Ho" is going to be a mug, Thanks Mike, I appreciate the feedback! Well, I have always admired the Pin-Up art from my Rock-A-Billy days, So I want to craft some Pin-Up hula girl lamps, mugs, and ashtrays, So here is my finished sculpt of my Pin-Up hula girl ashtray to start, After bisque, I think I'll have Dani glaze a bikini or bikini and skirt on her, With of course a hibiscus flower in her hair, What You Think, I'm excited to see this atomic look ashtray glazed! Mahalo! Gogo

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-02 10:36 pm   Permalink

Love the ashtray design (although, as a Respiratory Therapist, I can't condone it's use ) What is the material? Looks like it has striations like onyx or marble. I've been wondering about using high fired translucent porcelain and marbling it to make faux jade or onyx, will that work?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation