FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-03 5:40 pm   Permalink

Hey Mike have you read the warning on clay dust! Just kidding I know, Old habits are hard to break! I used molding clay on the ashtray, I just took the picture when it was sitting outside for a couple of hours, Living by the beach in So.Cal, Often I just leave my finished items sit out and let the sun do the rest, I have used plaster very hard great detail, Wood W/dremil tool, Soap hmm! Wax sometimes hmm! Roma#2 works well, Sculpt clay is soft and hard to work, Best to let it get leathered, I actually use my own method to make clay cylinders for round mugs, Not with the PVC pipe and wrapping with clay, I extrude it! My own secret method I invented, Can't tell you! Here is an example I just did from an extruded cylinder:

I really like this tall mug alot, I can't wait to make a mold of it, Then glaze it! What you think? Mahalo! Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-03 5:51 pm   Permalink

I like him, nice headdress! It's gonna hold a buttload full of nectar A good 30 ounces!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-09 4:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mike,

I was asked to pick 10 of my favorite ceramic items, So I had to dig around and see what I have done! I started making tiki mugs in 2002-2003 took a long break 2004-2005 for personal reasons, Got really back into it with Dani's help, Because of Ogga-Mooga posting some old stuff I did, 2006-Present, Thank You! Anyway here is a picture of some of the stuff I have done, Most are a run of 25 or 50, I do have some "One of" mugs out there and pendent's, Add some pictures if you wish, I was looking for a response on what your 10 favorites are, If any! I have a lot of stuff I'm working on still, With the help of Dani, Most of my ceramics are sold by "word of mouth" or by contacting me, Tiki events, At FreakyBoutiki in San Diego, Thanks Hank and Rita, And from time-to time on E-Bay, So Thank You all who have bought and supported our work!

What you think? Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-10-09 17:29 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-09 5:38 pm   Permalink

ALOT of beautiful pieces there, GT. I'm sure many-a-tc'ers will recognize.. Keep kickin' those great pieces out~ fB

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-09 5:40 pm   Permalink

WhoaH!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-10 10:19 am   Permalink

My FOM Moai mugs are, of course my personal favorite.

But, other than that, my favorite is the Mo-hine - she's fabulous!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-11 12:19 pm   Permalink

Gogo - everything I have bought from you is tied for my favorite.

I use my FOM moai mug more than any of the others, but they are all fantastic.

Keep up the great work!

BTW - what are those yellow mugs in the front?

Nicole just saw them and I don't like the look in her eye....

[ This Message was edited by: leisure master 2008-10-11 12:22 ]

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-12 08:56 am   Permalink

Thanks All, Joe are you talking about these?

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-12 09:56 am   Permalink

That's nice looking pineapple texture. I have to tell you a story about pineapple texture... I wanted a ceramic pineapple wedge to use as a display garnish. I put a chunk of clay in a plastic bag and headed for the grocery store produce section. I picked up a pineapple and *casually* looked all around, when I was sure no one was looking I SLAPPED the clay (in the bag) on the pineapple. I slipped the bag back into my pocket, replaced the pineapple and walked out. However, once in the car, I decided the bag kept the clay from capturing all the detail so I went back in and bought the damn pineapple. I took it home and pressed a slab of clay directly to the pineapple, bisqued the clay and ate the pineapple. Then I used the bisqued negative mold to texture my pinapple wedge The things we do in the name of "art"!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-17 6:50 pm   Permalink

Very funny Mike! Some cool new pendents I have been working on, What you think? Mahalo! Gogo

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-17 9:22 pm   Permalink

Nice! Gogo, I keep trying to learn more about ceramics - can you use a mason stain in thin porcelain and then high fire it to give the translucency of jade? It would make an awesome heitiki.

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-17 10:26 pm   Permalink

It's great to see the mud slinging around here at the G&D Studios! Keep it coming you two!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-22 1:56 pm   Permalink

Thank You! Babs - You guys are going off! At the Babs studio! Hey Mike, I'm not sure, I don't fire that high, To enough about that. I did go Munktiki style and airbrushed a vintage Ken Occurr tiki mug - I have had this mold for sometime now, I thought I'd let the tiki out of the vintage mold!

I also finished glazed my "Love Monkey #9" I used a "Cats Eye" look glaze on the monkey, The Moari has real New Zealand abalone eyes, I think it turned out pretty cool, What You Think? Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-10-22 14:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-10-22 15:02 ]

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-22 11:20 pm   Permalink

You always leave out "do".

What DO you think?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-23 07:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-22 23:20, GROG wrote:
You always leave out "do".

What DO you think?

Isn't that a line out of "Murder by Death"?
(Does GROG operate DVD player?)

PS - Nice work Gogo. I Googled Ken Ocurr and didn't find anything- is that inspired by a vintage mug or cast from an actual vintage mold? I like the "cat-eye glaze" look.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation