FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-15 1:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks Teakey and Mike, Mike I used an industrial grade glue, It goes on like Elmers Glue but sets up very well, You'd need a pry-bar to get those abalone shells back out! Thanks Guys! Cheers! Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 08:52 am   Permalink

Some new stuff, First is double tiki bowl, I like the way my glaze work turned out on this:

Next is a simple bowl, With a dry ice chamber inside, The eyes have holes in it, For a cool effect:

Next, NOT TIKI! My lidded rum jug, Has a straw hole in the top:

And Lastly is my one of a kind Skullcano bowl, Each skull is hand sculpted and then attached to a hand formed volcano:

Whatcha Think? Cheers! Gogo

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 09:42 am   Permalink

Wow! So many awesome pieces on this thread.
Hard to single out one as my favorite.
Me getting sensory overload...skullcano!
Are you included in the new Tiki mug book
by Korero? I hope so.

[ This Message was edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2009-02-22 09:44 ]

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 1:48 pm   Permalink

Gogo - your work is going global...

Took this picture among others when your moai recently went to visit the real ones...

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 4:46 pm   Permalink

Thank You! ( Iokona Ki'i ) Yes I'm included: "Tiki Mugs : Cult Artifacts Of Polynesian Pop" By Jay Strongman, I'm honored to be included with all the Great ceramic mug makers, As I have collected and admired their art for years! It's very cool to be in the book for sure, Thank You! And if that's not enough, Joe ( Leasure Master ) post that Awesome picture of my F-O-M mug on " Rapa Nui " Easter Island, That gave me a chill down the spine for sure! Thank You, My Friend, All I can say is Awesome! Mahalo! Gogo

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-24 07:56 am   Permalink

Very cool pieces here GoTiki! The quality is excellent too...

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-02-26 09:35 am   Permalink

Have you glazed this yet? GROG want to see how the finished version turned out.

Quote:

On 2009-01-11 14:07, GO TIKI wrote:
I have been working on a fun volcano bowl, 3 hula girl bowl, Here's the sculpt, Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-27 09:01 am   Permalink

It broke Grog, I'll have to make a new one when I get a chance.

Here is my Sam's/Kona Salute to the Swordfish ceramic art:

Vintage Sam's swordfish/clam shell bowl:

Swordfish mug/glass/vase:

Sam's/Kona Swordfish Bowl:

The bottoms on all three are signed and with the date of the show, Then clear glazed over, Never coming off!

Whatcha Think? Mahalo! and Cheers! Gogo

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-27 11:35 am   Permalink

Lookin' good. I like the colors on the bowl. If you had buried a cotton cord in the swordfish of the bowl, you could have used him as a straw

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-27 12:08 pm   Permalink

Really love the glazing on the double bowl--perfect!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 01:57 am   Permalink

Thanks A Bunch! Mike and Zero,

The Sam's/Kona Show was packed, Hundreds of people, Very cool turn out, Great Job Eric, Thank You all that bought some of our art:

We sold some cool stuff at a good price! And some cool lamps with some " Deadly Night Shades " Vintage style lamp shades, Thank You!

Dani and Myself:

The clam shell bowl sold! One wanted it now! Very cool! Thank You!

Next: Please come out and get some cool stuff at a very low price, One of's - Seconds - AP's - And New Stuff! Time to unload! Hope to see you!

Whatcha Think? Cheers! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2009-03-01 02:42 ]

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 11:02 am   Permalink

Hey Gogo!

That dry ice chamber bowl is great! Would love to see it in action!

Thank you so much for your contributions to the Kona show! Glad you sold some work!

It was great seeing you and Dani again on Saturday.

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-08 10:56 am   Permalink

Thanks a bunch Eric, All ways nice to see you, Thanks for including Dani and I in your fun events.

Here's a fun mug, Just out of the mold, I made a copy of this vintage mug, I made my version without the mustache, eyebrows and added a raised LUSH on the fez hat, To make a fun mug for: The Grand Mystic Poobah "Marty Lush" of The Tikiyaki Orchestra, It's the Marty Lush Mug, I'll just be making a small batch of these, Just for fun! For Marty, I'll post pictures when I clean up the mold lines and it's fired and glazed. Thank You! This is just a for fun mug for the swap meet show. I'm not selling these.

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2009-03-11 14:41 ]

stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-08 10:49 pm   Permalink

GoTiki,

It was nice to meet you and Dani at the book signing yesterday. I was very unfamiliar with your work until today.
I appreciate your interest in the ceramics world. Its a dieing craft in my oppinion and we need more people taking it up, IMO its a very underated art form. Its super cool and exciting to see so many people now giving it a whirl and to see what things they come up with. It looks like you have acquired a great passion for it and are having alot of fun.

With that said though after looking through the many pages here Im a bit concerned. If you put your name on somthing that is of bought molds or found objects I would reccomend you alter it much much more. Be very carefull as you might be infringing on others rights.

Darn you! You beat me to the treasure chest... got mine coming out in a couple weeks. Thought I had come up with an original idea. Darn it!

-m

[ This Message was edited by: stuckieshaft 2009-03-08 22:51 ]

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 4:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks Miles, Nice to have meet you too, I don't make much duncan or westwood re-pop stuff anymore, I know there is no copyright on the home artist molds, The treasure chest is cool, I can't wait to see yours! Mahalo! Gogo

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation