FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-04 08:59 am   Permalink

Hey Gogo you are a tad late in making this mug. The Bamboo Ben mug was done some time ago. Cheers

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 3:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-16 12:55, GO TIKI wrote:
Thanks All, Dani and I wanted to make a fun mug for SoccerTiki for his bachelor party, I think his mug turned out pretty cool! Thanks for your help too, WooHooWahine!

We wanted to capture his cool jacket and fez hat look, And a must have, The soccer ball too!

Hey, that's cool! Who's he marrying?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-11 1:31 pm   Permalink

WooHooWahine! Freddie Haha, Not Hano Paul! Here is some pictures of the finished glazed " Mo-Ho-Ho-Ho " mug, Teakey, The only resemblance between the Bamboo Ben mug and my Santa Moai that I can see, Is they are both mugs? Cheers! Gogo

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-11 6:25 pm   Permalink

Nothing says Merry Christmas, like a Hodaddy in your tree! Happy Holiday's All TC'ers From Gogo and Dani, Cheers!

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-27 1:55 pm   Permalink

Dani and I are making some fun bowls for the Don the beachcombers, Tikiyaki Orchestra - Eliminators, New Years eve bash! I'm trying to get out 3 bowls for the raffle, Here is the first sculpted bowl, A PNG look, I'll post pictures when it is finished glazed too. Cheers! Gogo

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-27 2:03 pm   Permalink

WoooooHoooooo! Another Masterpiece by you & Dani

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-27 2:56 pm   Permalink

Indeed....that is a beauty!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 6:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks All, What a bummer bowl #2 for the New Years bash broke when I was finish sanding it, That happens! I really wanted this bowl to turn out, Oh well, Next time! Three Big Head Moai bowl broken, It's like spilling a real good cocktail! What a bummer! On the bright side one more to go, Let's see if it turns out? Cheers! Gogo\

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-29 11:03 am   Permalink

You can fix it. Pull apart the pieces, wet the cracked area and add slip to the cracked parts and put them back together. The slip will dry pretty quick if the greenware is pretty dry. Once it's dry, sand it down being real careful. Handle carefully. Once it's fired. It'll be good to go.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-29 11:29 am   Permalink

How disappointing the bowl cracked! I hope you take Grog's advice & give it another try.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 10:03 am   Permalink

Thanks Tobor64, And Grog, I have tried that before, It never turns out just right, But thank you for the kind input, We finished glazed the first PNG style bowl, I call it " Tok Pisin " Fisherman in the language of the people in Papua New Guinea, I like they way this bowl turned out, The glaze work really pops out on this one, Come out to the Tikiyaki Orchestra / Don The Beachcombers New Years Eve bash for a chance to win it in the raffle, Cheers! Gogo

GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:22 pm   Permalink

Our " Fisherman " bowl, Was presented by Marty Lush on New Year, Thanks Tikiyaki, I'm not sure if it was given to a TC' member, Never the less a Tiki enthusiast I hope! Maybe she will post a response? What a Great night at Don The Beachconmber! Cheers! Gogo

Photo by: Tim Keenan, Thank You!

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-30 10:03, GO TIKI wrote:

That Marq head inside the bowl would be a killer mug all by itself, if it isn't already.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-05 18:46, 4WDtiki wrote:

That Marq head inside the bowl would be a killer mug all by itself, if it isn't already.

That's not a Marq head. It's apparently a PNG head:

Quote:

On 2009-12-30 10:03, GO TIKI wrote:
We finished glazed the first PNG style bowl, I call it " Tok Pisin " Fisherman in the language of the people in Papua New Guinea,

I never knew that CocoJoe's pendant looking face on the bottom was PNG either. Guess I need to do more "research."

What's in name, anyway?
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-08 5:11 pm   Permalink

Thank You 4wd, I might make that into a mug someday.

First of all, Buzzy, I was going for a CocoJoe's looking face but on a larger scale, So that's cool you noticed, I'm bummed that you don't think the bamboo looks like bamboo though. The name of the bowl is Fisherman in PNG or Polynesian hince the fish! This is just a my art inception, Nothing more!

Some research for you Buzzy

Definitions:

Polynesia is generally defined as the islands within the Polynesian triangle. The term "Polynesia", meaning many islands, was first used by Charles de Brosses in 1756, and originally applied to all the islands of the Pacific. Jules Dumont d'Urville in an 1831 lecture (talk) to the Geographical Society of Paris proposed a restriction on its use.

Geographically, and oversimply, Polynesia may be described as a triangle with its corners at Hawaii, New Zealand and Easter Island. The other main island groups located within the Polynesian triangle are Samoa, Tonga, the Cook Islands, Tuvalu, Tokelau, Niue, Wallis and Futuna and French Polynesia.

A Polynesian island group outside of this great triangle is Rotuma which is the north of the Fijian islands. There are also small outlier Polynesian enclaves in Papua New Guinea, the Solomons, The Caroline Islands, some of the Lau group to Fiji's southeast and in Vanuatu. However, in essence, Polynesia is an anthropological term referring to one of the three parts of Oceania (the others being Micronesia and Melanesia) whose pre-colonial population generally belongs to one ethno-cultural family as a result of centuries of maritime migrations, Many Polynesian island shared many traditions do to their maritime migrations, Including carvings, pottery, and tapas.

Gogo:

There are a lot of references out there, Self expression of art should be excepted, Because it's an artist rendition of something he has seen! But if it would make you feel better, Here is another bowl that I made, Marquesas Islands Bowl! Cheers! Gogo

One of a kind glaze, By Gogo and Dani

Gogo Out!

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2010-01-11 16:10 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation