FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 12:37 am   Permalink

Bro,The trick is to find the one that confuses you the least!

The Birdman

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 06:58 am   Permalink

this thread is crackin me up.......can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!!!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 08:50 am   Permalink

I've got the car loaded and we are ready to come over.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 10:35 am   Permalink

"this thread is crackin me up"

I'm totally serious, I don't get it.

Like,
some chicks are chicks -

and some chicks ain't chicks!

Jane Hathaway lives in Beverly Hills, meets fun 1960's rich guys every day, has a great job working at the bank, she's thin and single, she ain't stupid, man, she should be partying her ass off every Friday at the Tonga Hut, but she ain't a chick! I don't get it!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 12:45 pm   Permalink

Well, I always tried to find gals that had shared interests so we always had something in common.

You know, things you like doing together,

The Birdman

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 2:28 pm   Permalink

OK, OK, OK, here is the Oki Doki guy finito.

Now I know Squid's secret - he's CRAZY!

The amount of concentration that goes into these clay models is way above and beyond the call of a balanced brain. It takes a real lunatic! Don't try it! It took two of us and at least three scrape/redo stages to get it in the ballpark. I still don't know if it'll cast.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 9:53 pm   Permalink

Hey All,

Quick post…

Dave just left the cosa…he seems to think we can pull the casting off on all three mugs with only some minor alterations. I think I am going to go ahead a finish the Duke of Uke mug…so be thinking about which of the two you would like to see as the official Chop mug. I will post more later in better light, and as Duke starts to gel a little more.

Peace…

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 07:29 am   Permalink

Ok Buzzy,

Here it is…to clue the rest of you in…years ago in school, I swore I would never make mugs. I had ceramics teacher at the time who said, “Well you will for this project!” This is the only other mug I’ve ever made. Times sure change.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 11:46 am   Permalink

How ya drink out of that thing, Babs? Does it come with a curse attached?

I've never made a mug before, but I've won one.

Our entire graduating high school class staged an illegal road rally on the last day of school. Three to a car; driver, navigator, and backseat advisor. The police were warned that day there might be some speeding around the county, and they complied by looking the other way for 24 hours. A judge's son was involved, so they knew when to keep their eyes closed.

We started from the high school parking lot, believe it or not. The whole race was designed like a Monte Carlo Rally, with “clues” at checkpoints. We were all handed sealed envelops right before starting, with instructions for the first checkpoint. The thing was really well organized, which was funny because I’d only heard about it an hour before it started.

Andy Berry, tall, goofy, mop-top, but the school’s daredevil motorcycle fanatic (his dad owned a German bike he lifted during WW2) was my right-seat navigator, and Drew McFarland who I didn’t know too well was the backseat advisor. We switched roles after the first 5 minutes of the race, though – Drew became the screaming backseat navigator and Andy was the “Look Out” frontseat who yelled “LOOK OUT” if anything got in our way.

Our average speed was about 95, this over every type of surface imaginable; dirt roads, one-lane curves, farm tracks.

Richard Zaban was our only real competition, and I knew we had him when we all saw him rocketing (airborne, no kidding) out of County Road 7 late in the race, going the wrong way.

Anyway, we won, and they handed each or us these cheesy mugs filled with beer at the end. This is still my favorite mug, you can see “First” badly scratched into the top.

HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-28 9:04 pm   Permalink

I really love that Duke mug.

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 9:19 pm   Permalink

Hey Choppers,

Glad you like the Duke HB…it will be cool to see ya again man.

It’s getting real close now!!

I just made up some cottle boards which will be used to support the plaster. I will coat the boards well with Polyurethane in the morning, and we will also coat them with some Vaseline on Chop day as well to make sure that the plaster releases ok. This Chop is going to be great fun guys…I think that we will all learn a great deal at this one. If you are a newbie and are having thoughts on coming…please do. We would all very much like to see some new faces at these Chop Chops. Again, you can work with any type of medium, or just come to hang out with us…That is what this whole thread is about…meeting some new folks.

The trailer park is now on red alert….everyone is scrambling to get everything in order…”Party Down” is on the minds of all!!

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 06:57 am   Permalink

I just invited this guy to the Chop. Don't know if he's coming, but his work is AMAZING - he was actually carving at the last Oasis! He has a huge, crazy detailed piece at the Del Mar Fair this year. Am I totally nutz, or has he never heard of TC before? He doesn't post, does he???

http://www.oceania-art.com

Laytah

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 07:03 am   Permalink

I'm in.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 11:10 am   Permalink

Holy Ka-molie! This Mr. Howell guy is coming! He said YES. Check out his website above!

And his name is MR. HOWELL! Sound familiar? Could it be THE Mr. Howell?

See ya Sat.

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 11:18 am   Permalink

Wow...ahhh....WOW!! This guy is a major talent for sure!! Good going Cammo! We need to hands down post him up front and center. It will be wonderful to meet this man.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation