FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-29 1:42 pm   Permalink

last minute plans came thru my brother-n-law and myself would like to come to the chop. we would like to learn the basics to carve tiki's, what should we bring to get started? sorry about the late post.

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 5:18 pm   Permalink

Sam, bring whatever you have in the way of tools and materials. I you don't have any, don't worry, we tend to share.

Babalu, how hot was it today? I'm figuring it'll be 85 tomorrow? And any suggestions of food type stuff to bring to compliment the menu?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 8:59 pm   Permalink

Hey, Hey, HeyˇK.

Tomorrow's the big day!!! Wheeler, it's going to be a perfect day! 78..cloudy in the morning (yes) and sunny in the afternoon. Wow, we are going to have people making all kinds of art, all over the place!!! How cool is that!!

Food? Bring what you want to, everything tastes good with hot dogs...so, I'm serving up hot dogs, chips, dip, and Twinkies. I have some water, case of soda, case of beer, bottle of rum, la-la-la... I would bring a little more booze if you want to be nice and happy as the evening wears on. If your going to drink and use power tools, make sure you get good and toasty first, so you won't feel the pain so bad when you cut your thumb off! Buzzy is going to school me big time on safety for saying that!. I can hear him now.

Meiko is bringing her most cool pop up. If someone else has one to bring that would be cool.

Can't wait!! Fun,Fun,Fun!!! I saved my trailer for last; she is all clean up and ready to boogie down. See you all in the morning.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 10:16 pm   Permalink

PS. If you have any CD’s you want to share with us all bring um, or bring your iPod…I’m all set up to hear your play list…Cammo has already left some good tunes. Also, bring your camera if you have one. Peace out.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-29 10:48 pm   Permalink

my brother-n law totally flaked on me but i told my dad about it and he's stoked about learning how to carve , so you have a father and son duo coming. iv'e got tools , stocked ice chest, canopy for a one who wants shade,chairs, the only thing i'm missing are a couple of logs for me and my pops. i just found out today i was able to go. can anyone help us out with a couple of logs . sorry for the late notice.

[ This Message was edited by: Cannibal Sam 2007-06-29 22:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cannibal Sam 2007-06-29 22:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cannibal Sam 2007-06-29 22:52 ]

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-30 06:01 am   Permalink

Hey Cannibal,

I've got one 3 foot Mex Palm that I can toss to you...got some other smaller cuts of olk and pecan too. If anybody else can throw something into the mix for newbies that would be mighty cool of you...I don't think we will need much. Let's give um a taste of the good life!

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-30 07:49 am   Permalink

Perry and I are taking off in a few minutes. We should be there around 10ish.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-30 08:20 am   Permalink

Cammo said someone might need logs so I was bringing these five pieces:

See you guy a little after 10.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-30 9:50 pm   Permalink

GREAT chop today, Babalu! Thank you for your hospitality. It was great meeting everyone and I thank you all for the direction and good conversation. I'm really looking forward to the next chop! Thank you for the initial invite, Cammo!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-30 11:14 pm   Permalink

That was a GREAT Chop, I'm tired, everybody post pics! That was the streamlined Cadillac-pulled silver bullet mint condition trailer of trash chops!

The hot dogs!

The Buzzy advice!

Dav and Babs in da garage!

Corn!

The Blue Arm!

Spam musubi!

the BABA-LUAU!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 08:13 am   Permalink

Whoa….That was a major bitch’n day that was!

Thanks you guys for hanging out…good times…good times…

The coolest part was that we had several new attendees to the Chop this time, and man, those cats are hooked! There was some “Top Shelf First Tiki” that was brought into the world yesterday. It looks like the San Diego Chop Chop has just grown in number.

Huge welcome to you new guys!!

Please someone post pictures soon. I’m dying to see-um….Dave and I were so busy in the shop yesterday that all I got was a few mold progress shots.

I say it once more, and boy howdy does it does ring true….

“We all have one thing in common...that is a love for art, and that art has a tropical breeze that blows around it.”

Peace out,

Babalu

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 09:03 am   Permalink

Babalu, thanks for such a great time, food, music , friends. I had a great time. Cheekygirl, thanks for taking me all the way home, you saved my day. Cammo, I hope I wasn't too pushy but I loose control when I am around music!!??!.Buzzy I loved your house and dog. Hot dogs were great, and so was everyone else. Hope to see you all next time.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 09:23 am   Permalink

A great time! As usual, I didn't get much work done, but hey, I can do that any old time.

Some thoughts: Babalu's got a funky cool home, eclectic art, and a nice family! New guys ruled the day. Mold-making takes forever. Lemon Grove ain't too bad! Steamed hotdogs!!!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-01 10:43 am   Permalink

What a great time yesterday, im looking foward to the next chop, my pops already bugging me about it. we couldn't stop talking about what a great bunch of people we had the pleasure of meeting yesterday . thanks again for all the adive on how to carve. my pop's and i are hooked , we are heading out to go buy our tools of the trade today. more tools, oh yeah !!! hot dogs, mai tai,tikis,and a cool breeze what more could you ask for.

mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 11:57 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone for such a great day! Had a wonderful time!
I've put up all the pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/miekos/TrailerTrashChopInLemonGrove
Here's a couple of highlights

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation