FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 12:03 pm   Permalink

I have to mirror everyones sentiments, I enjoyed meeting everyone there, learned quite a bit, and intend to participate as much as possible.

Babs, you are a great host and I understand how tough it was for you to try to be all over the place when you and Dave were taking the frontline on the mold making, but you did a marvelous job! The Hot dogs and all the chow was great, the layout was well planned, and everyone seemed right at home.

Dave was a wealth of information on the mold process, thanks to you for all the time you put into it, I know you peaked my interest in the concept to the point I'll want to get my hands into the white stuff for certain (no, not that white stuff!).

Cammo, well, lets just say you are a kooky dude, I like your style! You are there for comic relief, right? Just kidding bro, If it wasn't for your sense of humor and good nature I might not have been compelled to make the trip!

Pdrake you're Jade work was very cool, at some time I'd like to bring some pieces of Malachite or Hematite I have and pick your brain on what to cut. I was wondering however, why I don't look like the kind of person that would get into Tiki's, I don't do bar-room fighting anymore, and I cleared up the arrest records and warrants? JK!

Clydesdale you are a very cordial dude, and at the next chop you won't hear any excuses from me, I'll chop!

4WDTiki, I really want to thank you for your candid and straightforward help, your approach to Tiki's and the folks that cut them will have far reaching influence on how I carve in the future for sure. And thanks for pushing me to produce some sweat on the log you gave me, I'll post pics and it will be my first Tiki. Look forward to the next one at your place Bro.

Buzzy, what can I say......The Diligent chopper! You might just be my new Hero! For those of you that don't know, Buzzy filled my truck with logs before I headed back home, and showed me his home turf, what a bitch'n view!! I have to say, the wood chips strewn out over the ground, inside the house, Tiki's encased in glass, lined up everywhere...sheer inspiration! I owe you brother, big time! You know it, I know it!

And for everyone else that I met and chatted with, learned from, and enjoyed your company and works, thank you too! I sincerely enjoyed myself and won't regret the trip!

(P.S. I'll post he pics by the end of the day, the "Honey-do" list beckons me right now!)

The Birdman

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 1:11 pm   Permalink

The trailer park was quite impressed with the turnout for the Chop. Babalu-you know how to throw a party. Thanks for all the hard work.

Lots of stuff going on all day. I Didn't manage to take many pictures, but I did capture the best part. The eating of the corn. We all gathered at the kitchen window of Babalu's home for some great ears!! The pictures tell the story.

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-01 1:52 pm   Permalink

Great Chop! Babalu, thank you for hosting, you have a great setup. Good luck with that trailer too, that's quite the undertaking!

I'm glad I was able to make this one. Although I didn't do much, I was ok with just checking out everything that was going on. It was good to see the familiar faces and to also meet some new ones.

All of my pictures are here, and are out of order.

Here are some of the mold making process...

Sizing up the mold.

Filled halfway with clay and ready for plaster.

Tikidav poured the plaster into both molds.

We were all a little confused why they insisted on drinking some of it...

Half way there.

Checking depth.

All dry and ready to extract.

They needed to be cleaned up and prepped for the next step.

This one needed to be 3 parts so Tikidav made a wall and went around the logo.

Here are Tikidav and Babalu working hard. The rest are in the almbum.

Oh, and our Mascot of the day.

See everyone at the next chop!!

[ This Message was edited by: HB_Tiki 2007-07-01 13:54 ]

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-01 2:13 pm   Permalink

Man, wish I could've been there...daughter picked up a cold so we couldn't go...maybe next year?

View Profile of thegarz Send a personal message to thegarz  Email thegarz Goto the website of thegarz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-01 2:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-01 14:13, thegarz wrote:
Man, wish I could've been there...daughter picked up a cold so we couldn't go...maybe next year?

Or.....next month.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=24659&forum=17&3

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 7:54 pm   Permalink

This was definitely one the best Chops ever. (Although I wasn't terribly productive.)

The mold making was certainly the highlight of the day. Dave and Rick - This was absolutely wonderful.

Babalu - Thank you so much for hosting.

Cammo - The corn was excellent. Salt and lime. I'm tellin' ya.

Moki - Thanks for the fabulous corn pictures. I've got my new background for my computer.

Chet - Great job documenting the mug making.

Mieko - Great job documenting OnaTiki. Every hour on the hour.

It was good to see everyone and to meet so many new folks.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-01 7:56 pm   Permalink

On 2007-07-01 13:52, HB_Tiki wrote:
We were all a little confused why they insisted on drinking some of it...
[/quote]

What, haven't you ever heard of "getting plastered" before?!

Babalu and I are going to celebrate the 4th of July in the most American way possible-we're gonna spend it finishing those molds! Maybe we'll finish off the leftover Twinkies and Wonderbread PB & J sammiches while we're at it.. America! Hell yeah!

Great Chop! Thanks for hosting, Rick. It was a good turnout. Nice to meet cha, T-Bird, Sam and Pops, Mr. Howell, Billy the Crud, Mrs. NoNaMe and doggies. Glad you could make it all the way from Vegas, Perry.

Sorry I couldn't spend more time visiting. The mold shop is pretty demanding. I hope the interested parties came away with some new knowedge.

See? It really did cost nuthin'!

I like corn.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikidav 2007-07-01 19:59 ]

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 9:16 pm   Permalink

Ohhh boy!! That was handed to you on a silver platter Dave :-) Plastered!!! Love it!!

I like corn too.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 10:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks for hosting such a fun chop chop Babalu! Your hot dog stand is the coolest! Oh, and those corn pictures are classic! I was happy to do a little wood burning, and thank you Perry for letting me test out the stone gear! That was so much fun! I can definitely see how you can get hooked. It was great to see everyone, and to meet so many new people! I'm looking forward to the next chop. See you then!

Zaya

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 02:06 am   Permalink

Sorry for being slow to post, but a few others posted already and got quite a few shots in of the molding process, so here are a few that will help complete the set.

First off...Sams Tats..

Buzzys efforts for the day which we thought might convince him to make it a revolving dual identity tiki, but he stuck to his guns to create this Kona inspired fella.

4wdtiki worked through the day with a lot of interuptions from us newbies, but made progress and friends along the way.

Pdrake was cutting up some Jade and hanging in the shade, cant wait to see the finished piece!

And towards the end of the day, here is Babs, Dave, Billy-bob, Zaya, and Buzzy topside, Babs couldn't keep his hands out of the batter!

and down below, the rest of the ships crew stayed close to the lounge area!

Hope my shedule allows me to make the next chop, cuz this one was a Kick!
The Birdman

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-02 07:03 am   Permalink

Finally got a chance to look through all the posted pictures and the galleries. Thanks so much you guys n' gals for taking the effort. Now I know what went else happened!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 07:13 am   Permalink

Here are a few pics.

Kate giving me a finger.

Buzzy buzzing lo-tech.

PDrake grinding hi-tech.

and Cammo trying to figure out what the best cut of sashimi will be.

no, this one

Got it!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 09:55 am   Permalink

thanks everyone for a killer time once again...can't wait to see everyone at the next chop!! Let the chips fly!!!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 11:50 am   Permalink

GREAT pics!! I LOVE the "Riders eatin' corn"!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 10:55 pm   Permalink

what an amazing group of people and animals!

i have to rate that day up in the top 10 of the past few years. thanks, everyone.

i was really happy to share my stuff with people that enjoy it. that's what it's all about.

babalu's trailer is about a wide and a half, so we weren't too crowded. we did have to have a constant candle burning in the outhouse. too much musabi and twinkies. (cammo, as a friend i'm advisinge you to cut back.)

i was very happy to see everyone and had a great time. thanks.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation