FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 8:59 pm   Permalink

Clysdalle doesn't like my Oki Doki, but I got a suggestion - do a totem pole mug of all our Tikis! It could be tall and thin, don't go too crazy on the detail, and do faces on both sides, say three to a side on top of each other. I'D LOVE ONE OF THOSE! You wouldn't have to worry about names etc.

Or is that too 'tall' an order?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 9:23 pm   Permalink

LOL, Dave! Nice event poster. "It don't cost nuthin'" That should be in the title of this thread!

I like Kate's idea, the reasoning behind it.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 3:00 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I was kind of worried my tiki would become the "Mascot" of the SD Chop Chops, that's why I worked on it Memorial Day Weekend. (Sorry Cammo!)

I do like the idea of adding an element of each of our tikis to the mug, but I'm okie-dokie with whatever the decision/result.

I'm also on board with possibly disregarding the names on the mugs. The fact that participants in the SD Chop Chops will be getting 2 "commemorative" and "limited edition" mugs is fine with me.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 8:29 pm   Permalink

Very, very cool flyer Dav!!

Well, I've re-thought this 2 mug free thing over a little after PM-ing with a few folks out there....I think a good thing to do would be to make "one" mug (no charge) for all those folks that will be at the Chop, and also for those few regulars that have been to past Chops, but can't make this one for some reason....In addition, I want to cast some extras that (if they turn out ok) we can try to sell on eBay or whatever....the benefits of the sales of these mugs can go to help start up a "Chop Kitty", or "Kitty Chop" how ever you want to look it. There are a few things that we have all talked about doing at past Chops like an eventual "Camp Out Chop", or a "Beach Party Chop"...we can use any funds that we might get from the sale of these extra mugs towards something like this. I hope that's cool with you all? Again, we are going to build the plaster mold for this mug at the June 30th Chop, so finished mugs more than likely won't be available until the following Chop.

Hey good news! My Uncle Joe and his pet coon are coming....that damn animal just loves Twinkies!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 9:32 pm   Permalink

I like the idea of selling a few as a fund raiser, and I think some of the money should go towards defraying supply costs if people are doing demos.
Who wants to watch the money? Are we starting to become big enough that we need to organize ourselves more like a club? President, Treasurer?

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 10:01 pm   Permalink

Sounds good Mieko...I vote Clysdalle for something...he just looks trustworthy to me.

Uncle Joe can't keep anything to himself....just found out that the whole park is buzzing about free Mad Dog & Twinkies now.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 10:04 pm   Permalink

I vote "no" to the club idea. Sorry Meiko

The thing that is fun about this group is that there is no leader. It's a very informal gathering of a bunch of friends. When you start electing presidents and treasures, ego's and politics start to come into the mix and it's no longer any fun.

Let's just chop, mold and cast..... I'm happy to contribute financially to help defray any costs borne from the mug making.

Just my 2 cents!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 10:58 pm   Permalink

I vote Mieko for Treasurer. Everybody knows she's the gal from Planet Nice, and I hear she knows a penny from a dime.

Clysdalle, well.... um.... ah...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-06 11:27 am   Permalink

Chet here checking in...

I'm a maybe. I'd love to make it since I've missed the last two so we'll see. I did just make my first sale last weekend though.

Bill, I still need to strip those logs...

[ This Message was edited by: HB_Tiki 2007-06-06 11:34 ]

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 2:46 pm   Permalink

Hey, I got your invite Via Email and fully intend on attending this, but........where am I going? I don't really need directions, just an addy.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 3:45 pm   Permalink

Hey BB...whoever emailed you, I'm glad they did...we would love to have ya man! I will PM everyone that's coming with my address in a few weeks as we get a better count on attendees. I have been getting PM's from several new people that are coming this time around...very cool!

Chet...hope you can make it bro...we missed you at the last one.

Well, the word on the TT Chop is really starting to spread around the trailer park like wildfire now that Uncle Joe found out...It looks like Agnes is in...she's bringing Rice Crispy Treats and Tang. She has some kind of Rum - Tang thing that she's made up?

Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-06 4:08 pm   Permalink

I love Tang! As I kid I craved Tang. Now I drink the Sugar Free canned Tropicana Orangeade. It tastes like Tang. Go Aunt Agnes! Go!

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 10:12 pm   Permalink

Dang! I caint make it but sure as shit I'm gonna call my cousins & see if they can.

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 09:04 am   Permalink

hahaha.....this thread cracks me up...just got back from NJ for work and this thread was a good morning laugh....

I'm down for cams mug or whatever else...it's all good whatever we make....

a though on moki's group feedback...while I agree that sometimes that can happen, the fact is if we are being used for events under the SD chop chop group name...we are a club already. I'm proud to be a member of this sorted group...so I second Mieko as treasurer and spam distributor

and babs that pic of the eyeball cracks me up....I need to get that website of the makers again...

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 4:11 pm   Permalink

Hey, i likes them Twinkies and all, but, well, i was just thinkin' on it, slow like, an corn's just starting to get in season now, so...

HOW ABOUT A CORN ON THE COB EATING CONTEST?!

Shuck 'em, boil 'em. Butter 'em, salt 'em, an Babalu can be judge. Line 'em up. Tie on the feed bag. Ultra-pros can do 3 cobs at once - the pictures alone would be worth the stomach ache.

How about it, Cly, you got da juice? You put your mouth where your mouth is? You gonna step up or WIMP OUT? You a man or a CANDY-MAN? C'mon, lets get CORNY!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation