FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 4:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-07 16:11, Cammo wrote:

HOW ABOUT A CORN ON THE COB EATING CONTEST?!

C'mon, lets get CORNY!

Bring it on. I'm incredibly CORNY.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-07 5:08 pm   Permalink

Oh my.. made me giggle

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-07 6:31 pm   Permalink

Yee Haw It's Chow Time!

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 07:07 am   Permalink

Hey, I was able to pack up the family and get away to Palm Springs this weekend. The wife’s boss turned us on to a time share thingy. Sitting here now on the balcony looking over a golf park….It’s quite a change from the trailer park! Not sure these folks around here will be able to hang with the Babalu Bunch, or not? Anyway, I brought all my tools and clay and such so that I could hang out by the pool and make mugs.

Sorry Guys, I am building the Oki Doki mug now, but I had kind of already made plans with Cammo prior to try and launch that one at the Oasis…Got a few other ideas for the TT Chop mug…let’s see what the weekend brings on??

Hate to say it, but you guys might be setting yourselves up on the corn cob eating contest…Jo Jo is coming and she’s the local champ! She has a special set of teeth that she pops in prior to the “go” whistle…she has never lost.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 10:26 am   Permalink

This gal will be attending the Chop also...as you can see, this girl's a sure thing

And don't fight over this guy ladies...

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 10:53 am   Permalink

I would like to make this. Where are all of you getting your logs?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 4:52 pm   Permalink

Hey Monkey Man…will try to figure out something for you on the log…if I don’t find it, you can carve up one of the patio chairs. Great to have you along for the ride.

Yup, Pool side…hot here.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 9:46 pm   Permalink

That looks pretty fine so far, Babs. Exactly how fun is it hanging out poolside with some suntan lotion, a pack of 'boros, and a five pound bag of modelling clay?

I don't know if Babs wants me to post the design for the Oki Doki Mug, so I won't till he gives me the word. It's really gonna look freaky, though, and it breaks a few rules about Tiki Mugs. Squid betta watch this guy Babalu.

The idea behind the Oasis mug is to use the profits for a big Chop Chop party, so we're all trying to make a top-notch piece.

Here's my fish update -

The fins are going to be so thin and fragile that I'm just digging them down, staining everything, and as the very last stage, Japanese backsawing them very carefully out. They'll just sit fixed to the bottom wood until all the details are done;

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 06:15 am   Permalink

Hey Cam,

The fishy is looking far out man! Please bring him to the TTC…..You go right ahead and post your design anytime you want to brother. It’s a great design! Pool side ain’t all that…I’m starting to turn as pink as one of those drinks their a talking about on the Room Crawl thread…and in the sun, the clay tends to get soft and melt faster than the Hilton kid can get out of jail…Plus, I have to put up with all the rich folks and their sparkly bathing suits asking me what I’m a doing. My standard answer is I’m sculpting a Lexus…they all say the same thing…”Yeah, I can see that, looks good”, then they move their chairs to the other side of the pool. I’m staying somewhat indoors today, that is after I go out and find me some powder blue outfit and some white golf shoes to wear. You know, when in Rome…

Squid, don’t listen to Cam, you’re the man with the skills! It will probably take Babalu grips of time to get to the point of playing with the big boys and girls.

Hey, real-real good news!! Uncle Joe just called and the Turnblow sisters from the trailer park on the other side of town are planning on crashing the party….Hold on to your men ladies, these girls rock hard!

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 07:00 am   Permalink

OK Babs since you say go - go it is.

Here's the linear and color versions of the mug. Babs is sculpting this BIG - and I've always believed that grip is the big thing in a Tiki mug, so we studied gripability and put this sucker in a Norcom wind tunnel not once but twice (mug empty/mug full of icy drink) before deciding on this style.

Yup, it's the only drunk Tiki mug. Just a few too many.

Watercolor glaze design -

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 5:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-06 15:45, Babalu wrote:
Hey BB...whoever emailed you, I'm glad they did...we would love to have ya man! I will PM everyone that's coming with my address in a few weeks as we get a better count on attendees. I have been getting PM's from several new people that are coming this time around...very cool!

Chet...hope you can make it bro...we missed you at the last one.

Well, the word on the TT Chop is really starting to spread around the trailer park like wildfire now that Uncle Joe found out...It looks like Agnes is in...she's bringing Rice Crispy Treats and Tang. She has some kind of Rum - Tang thing that she's made up?

The invite came from "Pineapple Poet" via Yahoo. Should I bring Rum and Bandaids?

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 07:18 am   Permalink

BB,

Sure, bring rum…I have bandaids to pass out. These Chop Chops are really fun…In the past people have shown up to carve, or draw, or play in clay…now we have some stone stuff happening , and mold making demos….anything goes…it’s really kind of turned into an open media creative boiling pot with carving at the helm. You can even just show up, hang out, and learn if you desire. Again, it’s all about having fun, learning, and posting up with some folks of the same ilk.

There are only two things that could happen that would push this event out to a different date…rain, and my daughter is expecting my first grandson (aka: the Bird) on July 18th…if that little man decides to come into the world early that weekend, Babalu would have to bail.

One last thing that could screw things up is if this fella Clemp decides to show up. He lives down at the edge of the park, and likes to shoot at everything. No worries though, we will keep Mieko and Tiki Kate on the ready to bounce this guy’s brains if he comes anywhere near.

HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-10 12:15 pm   Permalink

Pops and I went to the VW classic today at Irvine Meadows. I didn't take many pictures, but I thought this one would be appreciated over here.

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 9:31 pm   Permalink

Cool picture HB!

Just back to the SD Cosa a while ago....Palm Springs was f--king hot!

The clay I was using out there by the pool was this real soft shit that I brought at Aaron Brothers...Yuck, but low and behold, when I arrived home, I found my new Roma clay sitting here a waiting on me...so, I squished all the crap I did out there in PS up and started this "do over" with the new clay pictured below....ohhh, I like this clay much better!! So, as you can see...he's centered and has one foot...that's what happens when you claim the right to "do overs"...you fall behind.

The only thing that I really took home from Palm Springs was this cool powder blue hat and the experience of walking through this dinosaur...I would move to Palm Springs if I could have this baby for a house...yes indeed.

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 04:45 am   Permalink

Heard you had a racoon problem over at the Lemon Grove Lucky B Trailer Park, so here's what we did while ya were steppin' out with them hi-class big-ass peeps over at the Spring.

Them racoons were in the garbage cans all night every night makin' a hell of a ruckus.

I told Tommy Evans we had coons and told me to go to the Co-op and buy fly powdwer which I did. The Park Manager Chad Camp (Kathy Camp's son) said "they will fall dead into a ditch at 10 feet, mix it with coke"....

Git this stuff. It's magical.

Mix it with this. Cola is like diamonds and ice cream to coons.

Fit fer a king.

Ate a mite too much, I'd say. You could hang this guy on yer wall, he's so stiff.

And back to the garbage can he loved so well. Kind of ironic, don'cha think?

Welcome back, bro!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation