FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Trailer Trash Chop in Lemon Grove - June 30th!! It don't cost nuthin!!
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 07:06 am   Permalink

Hey Rick, I've got two lanterns cast so far. That'll take up some space. I'm planning on making more.

I was looking at your mug again and I think you can keep the feet flaired out a bit. If we make the back side of the mold in two parts it will work. It can be a four part mold like the lantern mold I showed you. One piece for the front, two for the back, and one on the bottom. Don't forget the divit on the bottom!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-15 5:47 pm   Permalink

The mug is looking great!!

I'm going to strip one of the logs I have tomorrow morning, so it will be ready for this chop.

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 10:25 pm   Permalink

Right on HB....Strip that log! It's getting closer.

Hey Eric, Very cool that your showing up....bring the dogs.

Dav, Let's test some funky glazes on those lanterns?

This Cat (Teddy) down the road in trailer 2B thinks he's Teddy Roosevelt...His wife (Edith) has been feeding him herbed up brownies for years now. She claims she grows her own. We've been looking for her plants...still haven't found um.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-16 8:47 pm   Permalink

Little bit more today...

Cammo, You are most likely not back yet...I'm going to make some minor adjustments to your design. Get your mold making / glazing outfit together Brutha....almost ready to have some fun. Your design is very sweet indeed, but I'm aching to move on to something a little more Babaluie like.

Dave, I think that this Roma no. 2 is still a little soft for me...I'm moving to the no. 4 on the next one. I've changed those feet, so we should be able to do Cammo's mug here with two sides instead of three.

The whole park is celebrating at my trailer tonight...the boss is not making me go on that trip as the "Bird" is so close to coming into the world. Just when ya think think the guy has no heart, he come through, so light the torches and ice the brew...we're having a bottle cap snapping contest tonight.

PS. If you live in LA and your not at Kenny's opening tonight, you are really missing out...this kids got some major skills...just go! They will stay open for you.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-17 7:31 pm   Permalink

The mug is looking good, Rick. It's a little hard to judge the undercuts from the photos, but it appears to be okay. Post some side, 3/4, and back shots of it sometime.

Auntie Clarissa wants to come if she can get a fan belt for Ol' Nellie .

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-06-17 8:19 pm   Permalink

Apparently Bird Flu has hit the Trailer Park.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-17 9:35 pm   Permalink

Dave....I think I know Clarissa! Sure she can come! She's the lady that always keeps those little frosted animal crackers out in a bowl for everyone huh? Damn, I love frosted animal crackers.

I still have some undercuts to deal with yet on oki, but he's getting there...that no. 4 clay is much nicer than the no. 2...the no. 2 is kind of hard to carve into it's so soft. Now that I don't have to be gone, I might scrape a little off oki and use the no. 4 in places. Learning as I go on this oil clay stuff.

I started a up potential mug for the Chop mug today...I've always thought that a drink called a "Man of War" would be cool...maybe I'll make the mug and someone else can figure up a recipe for a Man of War cocktail....this is just a start...you'll have to use your imagination a little.

Hey Vampire Lady! Thanks for stopping in! I posted today's picture just for you....we don't have any vampires in the park, but there are zombies that show up every once in a while

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 07:11 am   Permalink

Holy Cripes! Is that Man O' War mug going to have a removeable CAP??? That's pretty SWANK, bud. Will the bottom mug be dangling tentacles with a little face peering out? Hope so.

I'm not a mug guy but I want one.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 12:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Cam, Good to have you back man...Yup, that's the plan on the "Man-O-War" mug. What do you other regulars think...is this direction for a Chop mug cool enough?

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 1:00 pm   Permalink

Despite my love for really cute things, I'm totally diggin' the man-of-war. Love the concept. Love the execution thus far. If you want to get all symbolic: Each participant of the Chop can be represented by a tentacle...

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 1:19 pm   Permalink

The tentacles are the love that flows at each chop. Or, in the case of Tikimecula's, the heat that descends from the sky?

Who cares, that's a really cool mug!

Hey, TMek, if you're coming, can you bring your shepherd dog? I got a great frisbee he can run after - it has a little switch on the bottom, it lights up and makes disturbing Outer Space sounds. It's his if he can catch it.

Hey Babs, can TMek bring his dog?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 08:01 am   Permalink

Cammo, Kate....Glad the concept works for you. Hope everyone else feels the same. Of course TMec can bring the poochie!

Dave, I know what your thinking....Still have to work the undercuts a little. This one could very well end up being a 3 sided mold. More to go.

Cammo, I think I will add some of that no. 4 clay to Oki before you come over to carve the line work in.

Well, great news! Johnny will be at the Chop!! Let's just say that Johnny is by far the swankest dude that posts up here in the Park. All the girls love Johnny....well, except for Emily Jane...Johnny doesn't own a bowling shirt. Johnny has been away for quite some time now....He packed up his pup tent and his uniform and has been camping outside the fence over at the Base by Mira Mar for quite some time now. The guards don't pay him much attention anymore....they all dig Johnny too.

Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 1:57 pm   Permalink

Hi Babalu, I'm really looking forward to the chop! I'm counting down the days. I have my wood burner all ready to go. I'll bring all the pens that I have, and some extra wood in case anyone's interested in trying it out.

Hey, that Johnny guy does look pretty swanky! I bet Buzzy's going to give him a run for his money in being suave though. Buzzy really does have the moves! I was thinking that later I could have everyone over to my pad for a barbeque, but after my last gathering I need a little more time to do some "repairs"!

See you soon!

Zaya

P.S. That picture is actually from when my dad's mobile home burned down!

[ This Message was edited by: Zaya 2007-06-19 16:58 ]

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 3:14 pm   Permalink

Wow Bab!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 3:21 pm   Permalink

Captured this critter in me Ma's backyard. I'm fattening him up to make some ol' Possum Pie!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation