FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving C.P.R.'s carvings- Aumakua p.23/ PNG p.28/ / Big Hawaiian DONE! (11/29 p.34)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 Next Page )
C.P.R.'s carvings- Aumakua p.23/ PNG p.28/ / Big Hawaiian DONE! (11/29 p.34)
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 7:43 pm   Permalink

Craig,

I think you are on the right track. Look carefully at the pics I sent you. I think you might need to open up the area between his legs and keep the wide stance/hips. Also, work to round the butt and improve the transition from his head to his back/shoulders (use the Tang pics for reference). If you take wood from the neck and chin area do it slowly and carfully.

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 12:03 am   Permalink

Hi Craig,

"the deeper it is, the better it'll look". That's what I think.
I agree with you with the eyes, round them. If it is not as deep as you wanted you'll cut deeper and re-round them.
The beginning is very good, you can't do anything wrong with the piece you carved.

P.S: nice tatoo

Good luck,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-12 12:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the input G & Benjamin! I did some more work today, mainly digging out more between the legs. I started rounding out the eyes, but I still think I should go a little deeper. I'm just afraid because of the cracks, so I'm going slow w/ that.

http://www.myspace.com/crutler

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-12 2:37 pm   Permalink

Hey Craig,

He looks great! Dude, you are a natural. Keep thinking and small chipping. This is a brain excercise. You'll work it all out. Fun isn't it?

-G

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-13 12:06 am   Permalink

I agree with G-,
you're going closer and closer to the funniest parts of the work.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-13 4:18 pm   Permalink

I officially think my "tang" has the biggest ass & smallest wiener!!!

I don't think I should go any deeper on the eyes w/ the crack like that, I'm afraid it's going to take that whole piece out????

I take it's time for a new sanding disc when it starts burning like that????

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-13 4:33 pm   Permalink

Yep, get a new disc

You can narrow his a$$ up a bit by working the lower thighs up into the lower glutes. He looks kinda square down there. He's coming along nicely. Watch that crack - both of them

-G

Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 09:22 am   Permalink

Hi TF1...been meaning to get back to your carving. When I looked at him, I thought nice stance...he's getting some character...kinda relaxed and confident. If we were in New York, we'd say he has 'moxie'.

Won't comment on his other ahh....err attributes.

How's he doing anyhow? It's been awhile.

R.

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 09:31 am   Permalink

Yeah, I've been sick all last week so I didn't work on it at all. I did a little yesterday but not enough to post. I back on it now though!!!

Thanks

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 2:08 pm   Permalink

Here is a little bit more. I scooped in some new ears, went deeper on the eyes and mouth, and worked on the body.

now looking at this picture I noticed I need to get the right eye better at the ridge line!!!! I still need to transition the hips into the butt.

Craig

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 2:23 pm   Permalink

Looking great Craig! Keep chippin'! The face is really improved. Sweet!

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 2:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks G! I might need some advice on the hips and butt. I'm looking at one of the pictures you sent me but I'm still struggling with how to do it. I'm trying to make it have a big scoop at the upper thigh and the scoop down towards the feet so it has a middle ridge, but I don't know how to work it in the backside??? I don't think I explained it that great but you might know what picture I'm talking about?

Craig

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 3:56 pm   Permalink

Craig-O,

Look at these thighs and legs. Hopefully they can help you on your way. They are all different ways at getting to the same result. Calves, thighs, and a butt. If not, give me a call...or..... Airtran has daily non-stops to Tampa - we'll get him fixed up!

-G

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 5:30 pm   Permalink

Well I went back at it and starting working on the butt and this is what I got so far.... I shaved the top down a bunch to get rid of that big hump and tried smoothing it the hips. still experimenting though. thanks for the pix G! those made me go work on it again.

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 3:46 pm   Permalink

Some work on the legs and hands today!!! Man I am slow at this!!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation