FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving C.P.R.'s carvings- Aumakua p.23/ PNG p.28/ / Big Hawaiian DONE! (11/29 p.34)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 Next Page )
C.P.R.'s carvings- Aumakua p.23/ PNG p.28/ / Big Hawaiian DONE! (11/29 p.34)
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-11 2:37 pm   Permalink

another girl.....OH MY!

I see where you are going with the carving. You look right on the money. Sweet!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 08:12 am   Permalink

Holy Crap! Love it, love the size shape everything.
This sucker is going to be so cool! Way to step it up!

Congrats on the girl.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 08:44 am   Permalink

Hey Freak!!! HE's Looking Great, you are doing well with this guy so don't go thinking you messed him yp, theres LOTS of wood there to get the image out of.
I've seen some of these guys skinnier than what yours could ever be so stay with your plan, it's working SUPER

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-19 09:42 am   Permalink

You're obsessed! I can't believe the progress you've made and the things you've tried to date. Your work is really developing. I see that your stretching your carving into your own TF1 expressions....that is real progress.

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-28 08:40 am   Permalink

G- see you in a couple of days??

Benz- I'll try, I think it's going okay for now?

Seeks- Thanks!

Robin- glad you were able to get back on the puter! I don't know about my own expressions, still just trying to copy but not doing very good at it!

Here is a little more progress...........

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-28 09:22 am   Permalink

Fantastic start on that big guy! He's going to be impressive. Can't wait to see more.
It's been fun watching your thread since you began carving. Keep'em coming!

Savage Daddy

[ This Message was edited by: Savage Daddy 2008-09-28 09:26 ]

View Profile of Savage Daddy Send a personal message to Savage Daddy  Email Savage Daddy Goto the website of Savage Daddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 06:17 am   Permalink

Love it! Tight carve.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-02 7:00 pm   Permalink

Yo, Gman here.....chillin' at Freak-boy's crib. We had the third bi-annual VA Gangsta-Chop. Word. Tonight's subject was Freak's Big Hawaiian feller. We got a 12-pack of Cokes and some Mc D's and put the wood to some wood. Here are some progress pics from this evening, along with a Tiki-Guy photo shoot for the Buzz Meister.

Buzz? Can we be tiki-guys too?

-Gman

-Tikifreak

http://www.myspace.com/crutler

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-03 3:44 pm   Permalink

Those pendants are DOPE!

-G$

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-04 06:33 am   Permalink

Great Pictures Guys! Looks like a good time.

This big guy is really a great looking carve you should
be proud of this sucker.

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-05 4:48 pm   Permalink

Are you Long-ear or Short-ear?

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 04:37 am   Permalink

Short!

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-16 04:13 am   Permalink

Some more progress. Camera phone pictures!

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-16 05:37 am   Permalink

Tight! Who was that masked man?

-G$

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-16 10:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-02 19:00, tikifreak1 wrote:
Buzz? Can we be tiki-guys too?

It's not for me to decide or determine if you can be or are a Tiki-Guy. To be regarded as a true Tiki Guy, the public at large must be able to see and classify you as a Tiki Guy. The standards are very high, and only the fewest of the few can actually legally use the title of Tiki Guy.
I did, however, send your pictures to a Tiki Guy review panel composed of members of the public at large for evaluation and certification, to see if you guys were certifiably Tiki Guyed yet. Here's the results and notations from the panel:

Subject #1
Panel Review: Fail
Visual Evidence Review: Fail
Certification: Denied
Findings: Glasses are okay indoors, but must be placed one inch above eyes and racoon eye tan lines must be visible, even in low light conditions
The pendant is fine, but necklace cords made from animal products, as opposed to hemp, would be preferable.
You need to gain 100 pounds
Is that the same shirt that guy on the fishing show on tv was wearing?
The only way a Tiki Guy would wear pants like that was if he cut the legs off.
Shoes should only have velcro or stretchy straps. Shoes like those are for sober guys.
Nice tiki in your hand, but consider this: Your other hand has a drink that you "invented" and named in it. How are you going to stir your drink with that tiki in your hand? That's why you have Tiki mugs! You have a tiki and a drink and still have a free hand.

Thank you for you submittal for panel review.

Subject #2
Panel Review: Fail
Visual Evidence Review: Fail
Certification: Denied
Findings:
First off, you look too healthy to be a Tiki Guy. You need to look like you have some disease that people are being too polite to ask you what's wrong with you when they look at you. Try eating like Elvis for a while.
You look like you just got off work. Are those "work" pants? Tiki Guy and work do not go together. Career work for a Tiki Guy is being on disability. Occupational Tiki Guy work is refining your signature drink. You cannot look like you work a job, at all. You have to look like you do nothing but sit around and drink and eat appetizers all day like life is some sort of endless happy hour. Get some baggy cargo shorts with lots of pockets instead. And lose the job. Try to get carpal tunnel syndrome so it can be the cause of your new career change
Shoes: Tiki Guys are punkers who grew up. Lose the Vans. You can transition first with flip flops, but as you increase your daily alcohol consumption, you'll need strappy mandals.
You need to get fat. Real fat. Especially on your face.
Tshirts are okay, but only if they are from a tiki event and you wear them under a Hawaiian shirt(vintage)
It looks like you natural instinct is to carry a tiki. That's great, just switch it with a mug and fill it with booze.

Thank you for you submittal for panel review.

Oh well! Cheer up guys, at least you're having fun! Right...
Tiki Guys, who needs 'em?
Buzzy Out!

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-10-16 22:42 ]

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation