FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Ohana Hut Raffle winners should be getting there prizes soon!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Ohana Hut Raffle winners should be getting there prizes soon!
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 5:43 pm   Permalink

Yes you read right. Good ol Stuckie, beign the all around good dude he be, got in touch with me before I split for Hawaii and offered me the chance to hang out at his studio and paint one of my unnumbered artist proof Ohana Huts. Well I spent a few days lampin' with Senor Stuckz, paintin', chirpin and firing up the kiln. Not to mention watchin' some weird old monster films, playing bizarre Japanese video games and listening to some of Stuckies musical endeavors. Yes, he is a talented musician too. Anywho, I need to scrounge up some extra cha-ching-a-ling to help offset the expense of me moving over to Kauai. So here is what I am gonna do...

I am thinking about raffling it off so everybody has a fair chance of winnin'. My thoughts are this. Iwill sell raffle tickets for $2.00 or $3.00 dollars. tickets will be unlimited and anybody can buy them. (None of my family was able to get a hut either and I want to give them a chance too.) I will hold a raffle at a public location when I am on the mainland in August and the winning ticket will be pulled by somebody other than my self so there are no accusations of trickery or favoritism. I do need help figuring out how to pull this off without making to much work for myself and keeping it fair. I am open to suggestions and will be getting
CHONGOVISION fired up along with my IM app and will be around for a few hours to chat it up with anybody with suggestions or questions about the raffle or how things are going here in the South Seas. If Chongovision is acting up I will just be on my IM too. You can add me to your freinds list on the following IM services:

yahoo- Chongolio
gmail chat- chongolio@gmail.com
ichat- chongolio

I will be online this Sat June 23 between 11:00 till ? Hawaii is three hours behind the west coast so that is 2:00 pm. The rest of you will have to figure out the time for your area. If there is any problems or tech trouble I will have to reschedule. If you dont want to tune into Chongovision or do the IM thing feel free to post on this thread or send me an email. Do not take it personally if I don't use your idea or don't reply. The fact is I am really really busy trying to get my studio and artwork put back together and need to keep this as painless as possible for everyone who is interested. So pee-babies need not apply or post.

So here are the pics of the Ohana Hut that will be finding a new home:

Look forward to catching up with some of you on Sat.

ALOHA,
Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2007-09-17 21:07 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 01:05 am   Permalink

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so excited!!

Chongo's going to be back in August!!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
reedalong
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-21 12:11 pm   Permalink

I think this is a really fun idea. Cool stuff, Chongolio! And LOVE that hut!

View Profile of reedalong Send a personal message to reedalong      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 2:22 pm   Permalink

Chongovision is LIVE right now! Where is everybody?!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 3:22 pm   Permalink

Yeah come on over and chat We have had a few guests come in and hang out. Jentiki, Kingstyedye, Paipo and a few lurkers. Dont be scared it's fun!

CHONGOVISION

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 1:50 pm   Permalink

OK then... first off thanks to Dogbytes, Jentiki, Pdrake, Kingstyedye, Notch, Moki and Onatiki, Tiki-Kate, and the mysterious guest404 (sorry if i missed anyone) for all takin' the time to stop by to chat and watch me goof off in CHONGOVISION. I really had a blast chattin' with you guys and havin' quite a few laughs. Also thanks to Midnite and Jentiki for offerin' to help a brother out.

I think I have a game plan for the Ohana Hut raffle and will be layin' down the dealio some time this week. So stay posted for details on how you can get in on the action.

Aloha!
Chongz

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 7:45 pm   Permalink

Ok here is the way this Ohana Hut raffle is going to work....
I will be raffling off one painted Ohana Hut and some other art and swag. (if anybody wants to donate anything to the raffle it would be totally appreciated. Sorry I cannot trade raffle tickets for donations.) I will post pics of the other items that will be raffled off as I get it figured out. Raffle tickets are $3.00 each, 4 for 10.00, 8 for twenty, etc. The hut has actually been painteed with glaze and re-fired so those added colors are not going anywhere!

You can paypal me at
chongolio@lost-isle.com or send a check made out to Randy Bain not Chongolioto this address:

Island Art & Screenprinting
c/o Chongolio
3651-f Lala Rd
Lihue, HI 96766

Once I receive your $$$ I will confirm it with an email so please include an email address if sending a check. I will contact the winner and get their shipping address after the raffle. The raffle will be held at Forbidden Island in Alameda CA on August 29th probably around 10:30 pm. Conga Mike has given me the thumbs up, However I am still waitin' to hear back from Martiki. Raffle tickets will also be available at Forbidden Island the night of the raffle, but the cut off date for mailed checks and Paypal will be August 18th. Which means in my paypal account or a check in my hand not postmarked by the 18th. Ticket request that come in after that will be returned.

The names of people who buy raffle tickets will have their name written on the individual tickets and will be double checked at Forbidden island by a second person from a master list to make sure there are no mistakes and everybody was included with the proper amount of tickets. All names will be added to a container at the same time and thoroughly mixed. A third person (to be announced) will draw the tickets.

Thanks for playin' and good luck to everyone!

Chongolio

Disclaimer; I am not trying to be a jerky, but... All raffle ticket sales are FINAL. Anybody can purchase them not just TC members. I have freinds and family who would like to get in on this too who never got a chance at getting one of the numbered editions. The painted Hut being raffled is one of the artists proofs not one of the numbered editions. I will keep all personal info private as well as how many tickets were sold. I am honestly trying to give everybody a chance to win this Ohana Hut, make this as fair and fun as possible while trying to generate some cash to help offset the debt incurred from my move to Hawaii. So please don't do or say anything to make me regret not simply putting it on Ebay. No offence, but If you don't like the way I am handling this raffle then don't buy tickets and don't read this thread. Also, I don't have the time to answer personal emails regarding your thoughts about how I should of done this or why you think my idea sucks. If you write me a stinky email I am not going to reply. If you have a legit question or suggestion post it on this thread and myself or somebody else will give you an answer.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ This Message was edited by: chongolio 2007-06-28 23:00 ]

dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 8:08 pm   Permalink

sounds like a fair and fun way to give us all a chance to own a hut. thanks for letting us in on the chance. good luck to all!

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-06-28 8:42 pm   Permalink

Count me in. Your process is easy to understand and very fair indeed. I just sent you $20 for 8 tickets. May the best ticket win!!!

email
VampiressRN@aol.com (Marlene)

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 9:33 pm   Permalink

So please don't do or say anything to make me regret not simply putting it on Ebay. No offence, but If you don't like the way I am handling this raffle then don't buy tickets and don't read this thread. Also, I don't have the time to answer personal emails regarding your thoughts about how I should of done this or why you think my idea sucks. If you write me a stinky email I am not going to reply. If you have a legit question or suggestion post it on this thread and myself or somebody else will give you an answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers!

Hurry up and sell the thing so I can put up mine.

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 06:18 am   Permalink

wow, I bet when the raffle in done and over, that mug will have generated over 10x the money of an original hut's sale price. Or even more. What an amazing amount of money to think about.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 07:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-29 06:18, teaKEY wrote:
wow, I bet when the raffle in done and over, that mug will have generated over 10x the money of an original hut's sale price. Or even more. What an amazing amount of money to think about.

I'll be the first to say, he deserves every penny of it. This is going to work well for you Randy. It's about time. Nothin' but the best to you.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-29 08:23 am   Permalink

Yeah with $1000.00 bucks you could retire!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 08:30 am   Permalink

Chongo-

Didn't want that previous post to sound bad.

Just messin a-round... (like a ball)

I'm gonna make something today and donate it to your raffle.

Maybe a shelf that can house the hut!?

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 08:34 am   Permalink

Quote:
Yeah with $1000.00 bucks you could retire!

or at least move out of your parent's basement.

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-06-29 10:21 ]

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation