[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana My dog needs your help...please
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
My dog needs your help...please
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 4:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha TC'ers.

I'm asking everyone for some help in the way of positive thinking and hopefully some good mana will flow our way.

Our dog, Guinness, the one who saved our lives & house last year when we had the fire, is in a bad way. She got lyme disease last year, and we went through the 4 weeks of antibiotics and thought we had it beat.

Starting this past weekend however, she started having trouble moving & got lethargic. We took her to the vet and sure enough, the lyme disease was back. They put her back on the antibiotics, as well as a painkiller/anti-inflamitory to help her mobility.

Then yesterday, rather than improving, she had a few full blown seizures that were absolutely horrifying to watch. We rushed her to the Vet ER, and after running a bunch more tests, we've found today that her kidneys are failing.

Unfortunately, the Nephritis is pretty advanced and I've been told that the prognosis is not good.

She's currently on an IV full of meds to stop her seizures and hopefully kick-start her kidneys back into working order. If after 2 days her toxin levels aren't down, they never will be.

Its a long shot that it will work, but she's only 9, and after saving my life, I figure she deserved the long shot.

My post here is not to look for sympathy; I know alot of us are pet owners and know what its like when our family members get ill. I know your thoughts are with me.

What I'm hoping is that with enough positive thoughts, prayers, and energy flowing her way, somehow the forces at work will help her to respond to this treatment.

So I ask that you raise a glass, say a prayer, do a ritualistic dance, play a song, sacrifice a watermellon, whatever you can to send some positive energy her way. Thanks.

Sully

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2007-06-21 4:58 pm   Permalink

Trader Pup and I send our love and healing wishes to your pup..
get well, Guinness Girl.. everyone needs you.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 5:01 pm   Permalink

Sully,
Sending you lots of strong positive energy from the west coast to Guinness. Our dog, Hogan, is the closest we will get to having kids, and we have had some close calls with him too. I sincerely understand what you are going thru! Today is a special day being the Summer solstice, so the energy we are sending along is power packed. Hang in there Guinness! Tiki Central Ohana-mana is as strong as you can get!!

Best of everything to you.
Aloha,
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 5:19 pm   Permalink

Bargoyle & Jess (I know she's listening)

Lot's of positive power of prayer from this New England pal... I've heard she's a very special dog and a lifesaver too. Guinness be well!

Tikisgrl (Beth)

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aloha.taboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 6:01 pm   Permalink

My cat Bubba went through a bad spell a few years ago, but I stuck with him, and he's still here, putting up with all my mugs!

Our thoughts are with you and your pup!

View Profile of aloha.taboo Send a personal message to aloha.taboo  Email aloha.taboo Goto the website of aloha.taboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 6:09 pm   Permalink

Anyone know a dog prayer? I favor Christian but I've been known to practice ancestor worship and Elvish too.
I'll wing it. You KNOW I'm thinking of her tonight.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 9:57 pm   Permalink

Guinness,
Sending you some mana and hope you are resting! Lots of prayers/positive vibes your way!

~Cyndee

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 10:39 pm   Permalink

Also sending good Mana your way for your dog....I'm a fellow dog lover and I'd be crushed if my dog was in this situation.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dacsus65

Posted: 2007-06-22 09:53 am   Permalink

My thoughts are with you and I'll play something happy to put some good vibes out. I hope the pup is doing better.

Cheers,
David

View Profile of dacsus65 Send a personal message to dacsus65  Goto the website of dacsus65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 11:15 am   Permalink

Thank you everyone for the well wishes & good mana.

I just got back from a lunchtime trip to the vet hospital, and was able to visit with Guinness.

She looks like hell, but was quite alert & very excited to see me. She's gone a full 24 hours with no seizures, and appears to be responding to the liquid therapy well. We wont know for sure if it worked until they do some blood & urine tests tmrw, but seeing her today gave me alot more hope.

The doctors yesterday told me she had about a 10% of making it through. Today they give her 50/50.

Now, I'm not the most spiritual guy, but I honestly believe the outpouring of love & support directed at her had to have something to do with it.

Keep the good vibes comming! And thanks once again.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 11:45 am   Permalink

Guinness - hang in there buddy, we're rootin' for ya on the west coast.

-Jim and his 4 legged best friend Matilda

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2007-06-22 1:11 pm   Permalink

thanks for the update Sully ~ we'll keep the good thoughts for Guiness, and you ~ stay strong.
Trader Pup & elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 1:48 pm   Permalink

The Mrs. and I are pulling for you! Hang in there!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 5:23 pm   Permalink

Keep up the good healing, Guinness! Sending some more strength and virtual belly-rubs your way... get fully well and back home to your people soon!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 5:27 pm   Permalink

I just found this thread, and I send my best wishes over to Guinness too!
..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation