FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Show us your record collection!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Show us your record collection!
Tiki Boys

Posted: 2011-04-02 5:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha, y'all! I've been a lurker for a long time but finally signed up a couple weeks ago.

Took me about a week, but I went through all 23 pages of this topic, which was quite fun. I have a lot of these records, and want a lot I don't have. Here are some that I've recently scanned - mostly gotten since Christmas.

Most bizarre first:

Just finished listening to it for the first time. Cheesy, kinda Lawrence Welk style music. First side is Hawaiian music, second side is "inspirational." Includes Don Ho and The Surfers.

The rest of these are better.

cheers!
TikiBoys

View Profile of Tiki Boys Send a personal message to Tiki Boys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-08 4:12 pm   Permalink

this also belongs in thrift store finds..a whopping 82 CENTS bought a lot of entertainment

..like a cross between Vic Mizzy and Lyman..the ADDAMS FAMILY goes on a luau...harpsichord version of QUIET VILLAGE..everything has ersatz bird and surf and jungle sounds..in other words its totally AWESOME

I know its a crap knockoff on a cheapass label (VIVA!!!) but it defies its crapulence with weird greatness

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-09 12:26 pm   Permalink

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-10 2:12 pm   Permalink

I really enjoy the "Lonely Harpisord" LP..it IS craptastic! It's rather like "luau night at Collinwood."

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-11 11:23 am   Permalink

Tiki Boys, you have a collection I could really envy.

Repeat after me: Sons of Hawaii are the $hit, Sons of Hawaii are the $hit...

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-13 12:27 pm   Permalink

couldn't pass this "stag" album up....the verbiage kills me!
"the first to stick you in the ear with what you've always wanted to hear"

sadly (or not!), the "free genuine french tickler" (worth $2.00!) was not included. This was a little painful to listen to...retro, racy & raunchy! Funny, but a little too gross to listen all the way through.

"she craved sex 24 hours a day, and took it every way, with anyone, grocery boys, salesmen, bartenders, even bananas and carrots!!!"

yikes!

** oops, I guess this should be in beyond tiki. I never really checked this thread, but it looks like mostly hawaiian stuff.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbadtikidaddy 2011-06-13 15:37 ]

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-14 4:18 pm   Permalink

bigbadtikidaddy - you really ARE bad!

But probably not as bad as "Oral Roberts in Hawaii" now that I think of it.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-20 2:29 pm   Permalink

Well, I got to feeling so blue about all that Sons Of Hawaii vinyl on shameless display that I went over to eBay, and a little while ago won this:

It's a box set of their album "Folk Music of Hawaii", with an LP, a 45, and a book. And the book is full of - wait for it - AUTOGRAPHS OF THE BAND MEMBERS, INCLUDING GABBY PAHINUI AND MY IDOL DAVID "FEET" ROGERS!

So I'm feeling bettah now.

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-29 2:48 pm   Permalink

I thought I was done...appartently not! A couple of strays at the end...

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-29 7:34 pm   Permalink

On the bloody morning afteeeeer.....One tin soldier rides away.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-30 1:50 pm   Permalink

Psycho Tiki D, that is a FINE heap of vinyl. The jacket art on "More Cocktail Capers" is byooteeful!

Still waiting on my Sons Of Hawaii, thanks to the farging Canada Post strike which just ended yesterday.

[ This Message was edited by: emspace 2011-06-30 13:51 ]

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-08 12:50 pm   Permalink

A few more today...

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
USAF Retired
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-10 1:14 pm   Permalink

A few new ones to the collections

View Profile of USAF Retired Send a personal message to USAF Retired      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-31 1:07 pm   Permalink

Picked up all these, some yesterday and some today!
Some great Vinyl on Tico

Some Funky Jazz!

More Jazz!

50's Rock N Roll!

And some various stragglers!

All N All, was a good weekend for vinyl!

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2011-08-07 9:10 pm   Permalink

Finally picked up a mint copy of this album by the Cavaliers at a garage sale this weekend. Every copy I've found in the past has horrible ring-wear that obscures the best part of the artwork - the Morgantown Tiki-Stem Champagne Saucers!

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation