FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Show us your record collection!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Show us your record collection!
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-08 03:09 am   Permalink

Nice!

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-08 05:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-07 21:10, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Finally picked up a mint copy of this album by the Cavaliers at a garage sale this weekend. Every copy I've found in the past has horrible ring-wear that obscures the best part of the artwork - the Morgantown Tiki-Stem Champagne Saucers!

I've got that album because I love harmonica records and never noticed that before. Thanks Sabu! You have a great eye!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 11:34 pm   Permalink

Some recent finds, all from New Zealand record labels (pardon the camera angle, which was due to lighting/flash problems):

Field recordings made by James L. Anderson, the American photo journalist who wrote the book "Cannibal". Includes jungle sounds!

A selection of performances from the 1st South Pacific Arts Festival, held in Suva in May 1972.

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kevzo

Posted: 2011-08-11 2:57 pm   Permalink

Just starting to put my stuff up online check it out here . . .

http://www.kevzoart.com/vinylmain.html

View Profile of kevzo Send a personal message to kevzo  Email kevzo Goto the website of kevzo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 5:01 pm   Permalink

Club Nouméa, thanks for posting that Passion Flower lp. I've never seen it before and they obviously used another photo from the same shoot as the Ferrante & Teicher "Pianos In Paradise" cover:

There's been discussion here before on whether the model they used was actually black, or another race in dark makeup, it being hard to tell with that fern and shadow obscuring her face. The Passion Flower cover finally reveals her true identity. She sure looks black to me. Although I suppose she could be Melanesian. What does everyone else think?

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-12 7:17 pm   Permalink

I think she's black, but with some Asian or South-American thrown in. The best Exotica girls were always of mixed descent:
Last night I saw Chinese-English actress Nancy Kwan at the Cinematheque - in person!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-13 2:15 pm   Permalink

I noticed right away about that Passion Flower LP...same photo shoot as the Ferrante & Teicher LP. I would say she's black, probably Asian-Black mixed. I prever the Passion Flower pic & would love to come across that record one day.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-14 01:48 am   Permalink

in no particular order...

george never goes anywhere without his organ...

now that's livin'!

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-14 3:04 pm   Permalink

My latest acquisitions:

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-15 06:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-12 17:01, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Club Nouméa, thanks for posting that Passion Flower lp. I've never seen it before and they obviously used another photo from the same shoot as the Ferrante & Teicher "Pianos In Paradise" cover:

Thanks for making that link. The back of the LP credits "Three Lions of New York" as the source of the photo. It does make you wonder how an independent record label in Auckland got its hands on that photo. Did they see "Pianos In Paradise" and contact the agency to see if they had any other photos from the same session?

The album itself is perfect tiki bar background music - ukulele and Hawaiian steel guitar accompanying songs in Cook Islands Maori. I was pleased to find it for $1.

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

[ This Message was edited by: Club Nouméa 2011-08-15 06:57 ]

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-15 2:54 pm   Permalink

Nice finds, Komohana. I'm curious about that "Magic Of Hawaii" LP by The Waikiki Beach Boys. I have all of their records, I THINK, but I'm wondering what the tracks from that LP are. I'm thinking it's probably the Aussie/UK version of one of the American re-issues, but I'm NOT sure..

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-16 03:28 am   Permalink

ahoy Kaiwaza, back of cover...

track list...

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-16 12:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Komohana.....interesting....there are a few tracks on there from previous LPs, (unless they are different versions) but that's mostly a new LP...have to keep my eyes open for that!

Dr DW

Posted: 2011-08-24 09:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-24 14:26, twitch wrote:
I could've sworn up 'n down there was already a topic covering this, but a relatively thorough search turned up nothing anywhere... Could be I saw it on the night my sweet tooth went crazy and I put away half a bottle of Sangster's Jamaica rum cream...
I'd like to see other collections up here, just so's I can get a look at what else is out there to hunt down (a lot)...
Too much to hamper down TC, so -
A Collection of Exotic Albums
(A good chunk of the images I had to upload to RYM myself)

Wow!!!

http://rateyourmusic.com/~vonFrankenstein

[ This Message was edited by: twitch 2010-03-19 14:49 ]

View Profile of Dr DW Send a personal message to Dr DW      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 2:33 pm   Permalink

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation