FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Show us your record collection!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Show us your record collection!
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-14 7:44 pm   Permalink

Coupla more LPs added to the collection this week:

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-27 5:33 pm   Permalink

The local NPR station was having a record sale today...

Picked up 59 Denny, Lyman, Baxter and Hawaiian albums and didn't even scratch the surface looking through the boxes!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 11:06 am   Permalink

Great score!

Have fun listening to all of those records!!!

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 1:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-27 17:33, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

Keep us in the loop, won’t you?

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 2:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-28 13:08, Kawentzmann wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-06-27 17:33, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

Keep us in the loop, won’t you?

O.K.

25 more found today...finally found my copy of Lyman's "Yellowbird"

Anyone want to see pictures of each one I found?

PTD

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-06-28 14:46 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 6:23 pm   Permalink

You know I do!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mythiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-28 10:52 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

25 more found today...finally found my copy of Lyman's "Yellowbird"
[/quote]

I'm sure that kitty cat there got his eyes on "yellowbird" also!...

View Profile of Mythiki Send a personal message to Mythiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 2:44 pm   Permalink

This is what 2,000 Hawaiian, exotica & South Pacific records looks like in one's apartment.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 2:47 pm   Permalink

WOW! Great collection. How bout some cover shots of your favorites? I hope those shelves are secured to the wall!

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 2:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-29 14:44, Kaiwaza wrote:

This is what 2,000 Hawaiian, exotica & South Pacific records looks like in one's apartment.

Impressive!

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2009-06-29 15:05 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 3:54 pm   Permalink

holy bejeezus,
nice rack,
and LP collection.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 06:28 am   Permalink

Nice looking collection leleliz!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 2:39 pm   Permalink

I've been wanting to share some pictures of some of my LPs since this thread started..lol...FINALLY am starting. I'm just going to select a few rarities/oddities that might be of some interest for various reasons. No way I could post everything. I'm working on re alphabetizing a bit so, I'll post things up as I come across them. "Hawaiian" & "Pseudo-Hawaiian" first.
I love the artwork on this rare Pua Almeida LP. Many of his LPs aren't TOO hard to come across, and his music was widely played on Hawaiian radio, but because this one was on MGM, a mainland firm, and features an "orchestra", it isn't seen much here.

Here's quite an interesting Japanese gatefold LP: "Drum Hawaiian Drum" by S. Arita & New Beat....very mod 70s steel guitar w/ full orchestra and odd drumming intros thrown in. It doesn't really "work" (I mean, a version of "Blue Hawaii", "Red Sails In The Sunset", etc with drums?), but that's why I love it!

Nice cover from this German recording company. Great steel guitar featuring 28 "all-time Hawaiian favorites" arranged in medleys such as "By By Samoa," Bali Waltz," Unter den Sternen des Sudens," "Hawaiian Idyll," and "On The Beach At Suerebaya," etc., etc. A gem. Fred Artmeir & His Hawaiian Band.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 2:51 pm   Permalink

More LPs from the collection....

Here is one SWINGING LP if you ever come across it. The guy rocks out on saxophone & is accompanied by a HOT steel guitar to "Hawaiian War Chant," "Song of India," "My Little Grass Shack," "Sheik of Araby," etc. Great jacket as well.

Beautiful artwork from a rare Alfred Apaka recording...made before the Hawaiian Village was a Hilton.

These guys, The Big Ben Hawaiian Band, an English group under the direction of well-noted Norrie Parramor, produced a series of about a dozen LPs of then-current pop tunes redone in a groovy "Hawaiian" style. Love all the LPs..."Una Paloma Blanca," "Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes," Volare," "Spanish Harlem," "Cecilia, You're Breaking My Heart," "Good Morning Starshine," etc...they covered them all eventually.

Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 3:02 pm   Permalink

A few more for today....

In a very Ted Haggard moment, the Blackwood Brothers seem overly happy that a handsome Hawaiian kane is greeting them....well, maybe since it's a gospel LP they wanted to avoid putting racy wahine on there LP jacket, but I rather like my first impression...

Here's an Italian oddity...apparently Santo & Johnny created imitators all around the world (I have imitator, cash-in LPs by the likes of "The Sleepwalk Guitars of Dan & Dale," "John & Jerry", and "Santo & Domingo.") Here, Andy Bono has produced a series of at least 5 or 6 LPs featuring trippy steel guitar covers of both American & Euro-Pop tunes of the 70s. Some of it is rather psychedelic, man.....

And finally today...
Just a pretty picture from a French Hawaiian LP "Reve d'Hawaii", "Hawaiian Reflections," or something like that..

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation