FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving MBL's Tiki Adventure
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
MBL's Tiki Adventure
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 04:26 am   Permalink

Nice work The tiki carvings are coming along sweetly, and love the traditional roadster too. Cant wait to see pics of the sedan

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 3:18 pm   Permalink

You are doing great! I love that twist in him
it gives him character.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-12 04:16 am   Permalink

The Model T Sedan is almost done. The Tiki interior is not in it yet...that's the next thing..but here is some progress. You can't tell in the pics but the green is a radical metal flake.

More to come.
Tim
MBL

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 12:11 pm   Permalink

Where's mine?

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 3:57 pm   Permalink

Dam, that Munster Car is the same color as the stones in here.
That paint job is so perfect it doesn't look real.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-13 04:00 am   Permalink

GMAN...I'm still looking out for raw matterials. Get to BilletProof in Ocala on March 22. You will probably find something there.
Tim
MBL

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 09:42 am   Permalink

Aloha MBL!!! cool tikis for a start my friend, and I really love your HOT ROD very cool,Aloha , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-16 6:41 pm   Permalink

Ok..well the BilletProof trophy is essentially as done as it's gonna get. Here are some pics:

The trophy is for the Real Mill category. Someone...the "Winner" will have to lug this home with them. Hopefully it doesn't wind up in a dumpster...since I actually worked for a while on it.

Now today we drove around a bit in the Tiki sedan. I put in the shift knob today..the rest of the bamboo interior is not in yet...here is hot it looks so far:

I will post more pics when the interior is done.
TIm
MBL

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-16 7:15 pm   Permalink

BADA$$, that's all I have to say!!!

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 2:58 pm   Permalink

Sweet yes that is bad ass.

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 5:20 pm   Permalink

Tim,

The Real Mill winner will be getting a great trophy. Congratulations on a great carve. Good on you for taking the time to make something with heart.

The shifter looks right at home in the tiki rod. I'll really enjoy that feature and the personal touch in my new rod.

-G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 6:07 pm   Permalink

Ditto what G Said, Excellent tikis, Love the gear shifter knob. I'll stand guard by the dumpster to rescue that tiki should anyone decide to toss'em in there however I expect my stay will be for an extended amount of time as No One in their right mind would want to get rid of this trophy. NICE!
Also, that "T" has FUN written All Over it. Cool!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-18 04:10 am   Permalink

Hey...Thanks for the kind words...I think the shift knob is the best thing I have carved so far. I'm nowhere near the GMAN! Although you certainly can see his influence on my carving. I still lack the vision so many carvers on the board have. Hopefully it will develop soon.

Hot rods...now thats a different story. We can build some hot rods.

GMAN...get your ass to BilletProof this weekend!
Tim
MBL

MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-24 2:44 pm   Permalink

Here was my Tiki Trophy at BilletProof in the middle of all that welded metal.
The winner seemed to like the carving. He has a 32 Ford Tudor with a 1957 DeSoto hemi in it. He drove it all the way from GA to Ocala.

The show was GREAT.
Tim
MBL

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-10 6:14 pm   Permalink

MBL's adventure continues.....this time working at Club-Greg and chipping out this Hawaiian-based figure. Smooth chops dude!

-G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation