FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving MBL's Tiki Adventure
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
MBL's Tiki Adventure
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-10 6:19 pm   Permalink

DUDE! Another HUGE THANKS to the GMAN!!! As most of you suspect, that carving is 99.9999 GMAN and .0001 MBL. Still gun shy with the chisels. GMAN's a man of vision for sure, and way too generous with his time, guidance and skill. I could not have hoped for a better mentor.
Thanks again GMAN. I'll try not to screw it up.
Tim
MBL

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-12 10:41 am   Permalink

Hi MBL,

Nice beginning on this one.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-12 8:24 pm   Permalink

WOW, Look it that woodja, He has the Power carver going, GMAN, Don't feed him too fast he will get too good and it will be your fault:P
Excellent stuff MBL, glad you got GMAN to finally git going! You're a Natural so just practice, practice, practice, makes Perfect.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-05 4:03 pm   Permalink

Ok so Now the Tiki car is essentially done..Lots of work went into this thing. So GMAN.. I know it ain't carvin' but kinda fun anyway...Here are some pics.

More carving to come...just burning the candle at 5 ends....

Tim
MBL

[ This Message was edited by: MBL 2008-10-05 16:13 ]

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-05 4:46 pm   Permalink

When do I get mine? Aack!

Sweet ride.......

-G

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-08 6:29 pm   Permalink

Ok, so with Christmas on its way, I decided that my mom could use a tiki. So because I am artistically challenged, I stole 4WDtiki's idea, and started to make a tiki similar to one he carved. I am sure that it will not come out nearly as nice as his....4WDtiki has some really good stuff and I just dig his carvings, so I figured I could try and emulate one of TC's great carvers. If it came out half as good as his, my mom would have a nice present for Christmas.

Here is what I have so far. I plan on doing something of a head dress thing, burning it in, and using some spar varnish, ala GMAN's suggestion.
Let me know what you think.

Tim
MBL

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 3:54 pm   Permalink

Get my rail registered and I'll make you anything you want

Kewl piece. You cut yet?

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-10 03:28 am   Permalink

We'll get your rail legal. ....well out on the streets at least.

And no. I have not cut myself on this guy yet, but it ain't over.
Tim
MBL

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 04:43 am   Permalink

"And no. I have not cut myself on this guy yet"

Keep trying....

-G$

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 4:43 pm   Permalink

MLB that Rod is sick! Love that tiki rod!

The tiki is a good first shot if its a first 2nd or 3rd shot.
Better than my first few.
Moms love anything you make.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 04:52 am   Permalink

yeah, the Rod/ Ride IS Sick. I want that bamboo finish in My truck, only in mine make the gas tank look like a giant stick of Bamboo. Can't you just Nail some 'boo to that metal?
In the beginning, Any tiki you finish is Great except the ones that Bite (don't lissen to that gmanguy ) just keep cutting them out and they will get better and better, And they can get by on a blood free diet, regardless of what some peeps say about having to "Feed the gods". (Isn't that what the virgins are fore?)

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-11 04:54 am   Permalink

Yeah. we like that Tiki Rod down here. It gets all sorts of attention. I'm tempted to do some bamboo work on my 32 5-window, but I'm going form something early 50's period correct, so that's kinda out.

As for carving, I am definitely learning...thanks to GMAN's guidance. This guy is far from done. It will look like something more before I am done.
Tim
MBL

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 4:59 pm   Permalink

whatz up there scooter? Lookee what I found.....

-G

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-18 04:16 am   Permalink

COOL Find GMAN, but whats that Behind it with the square Windows???

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-18 04:37 am   Permalink

There are about 50 old cars in the woodz there. Some real kewl ones. I think they are all way past salvaging, even if one just wanted the bodies. It was neat to see out there in the forest though....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation