FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving MBL's Tiki Adventure
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
MBL's Tiki Adventure
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-18 1:52 pm   Permalink

Ok...I realize this is not up to top TC standards...But the good news is that my mom is not a TC member...so she can't compare this to the carvings on the board. In an interest to get the Tiki not to smell on X-mas day, I have applied the finish today. It is a spar varnish. I did a little staining before applying it. I thought it would be cool to leave the teeth not stained. Hopefully my parents will "proudly" display the Tiki in their condo.

So here he is...the X-mas Tiki!

Tim
MBL

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-18 6:43 pm   Permalink

Good job!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-19 1:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks 4WDTiki! You are a major inspiration to me. As you can see it is a somewhat crude version of your design that my mom will be getting for X-mas. Hopefully, in time my carving will progress to the point where I can do better renditions of all types of designs and come up with more original ideas. I liked your design so much that I thought I would vary little from it, and really only made consessions where it was the result of my limited talent.

Much more work needs to be done on my carving skills, but moms love everything. or so I hear.
Tim
MBL

[ This Message was edited by: MBL 2008-12-19 13:50 ]

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 9:43 pm   Permalink

You are doing just fine. Way ahead of my fist tikis.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-28 6:45 pm   Permalink

Here is the X-Mas Tiki in his new home. A condo on Siesta Key FL....

It went over pretty well with my mom. But then again, what could she say?
Tim
MBL

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 03:19 am   Permalink

MBL, I think he looks Darn Good a whole lot better than you think, anyway by is looks , YOUR skills are improving a Lot and that's what matters. I Love how you left his teeth un-stained, that adds to the realism of the guy. Just keep making tikis this good and one day you'll be Setting the standard!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 03:21 am   Permalink

Removing duplicate post OOps

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2009-01-05 05:04 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 03:41 am   Permalink

mbl,

sorry i haven't checked out your postings yet. i like the tiki's, but dude, the cars seriously rock! i would gladly trade you my limited carving ability on tuesday for you hot rod ability today. i know how to put gas in the car, after that i get dangerous. can't wait to see more work, on both.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-29 03:45 am   Permalink

Hey Benzo..Thanks for the kind words...I'll be working on my carving skills for sure. Gotta make another Tiki for the BilletProof hot rod show in March..I'm gonna start early to get something way better than last year's.

Big Daddy: Also thanks for the kind words...I am mostly a hot rod and amplifier builder...so that stuff I can handle. Right now I am putting together the parts for a 1932 Pontiac 5 Window Coupe with a 1948 Cadillac Flathead V8. It is gonna be a period correct build from start to finish. Then out to Bonneville with it to blow up that motor.
Tim
MBL

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 04:12 am   Permalink

"Then out to Bonneville with it to blow up that motor"

With Gman and his 32 Ford in tow.......

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-04 1:50 pm   Permalink

Finally GMAN was able to get out to the Hot Rod Ranch/Damnation Speed Shop. Here he is in the Freaky "T" Ki!

Tim
MBL

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-04 2:15 pm   Permalink

Vroooooooom! Gman likee!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-04 2:20 pm   Permalink

We had a great time on Sat talking hot rods and touring the shop. Got to run around a bit in some of them too. Here's some pics of the flock...

And hopefully we can get this real steel 32 Ford Pickup on the road for GMAN post haste...Something to haul his Tikis around in.

The build will be traditional if I have anything to do with it!
Tim
MBL

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-04 5:44 pm   Permalink

That tiki came out cool - love the 2 tone stain on him

So is that really Gmans pickup? huh huh?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-06 10:38 pm   Permalink

Cool Pic's Gman look like gangster!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation