FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving MBL's Tiki Adventure
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
MBL's Tiki Adventure
Normspeed

Posted: 2009-07-19 1:26 pm   Permalink

Tim, I'm the guy that won that Tiki in Florida and I can tell you, I could not be happier. Although I've never tried my hand at woodcarving, I do enjoy woodworking. Your work is classic stuff. The Tiki is so cool. I've attached photos of Tiki on my road trip in Florida, Texas and cooling his heels at home in New Mexico. Many thanks to you and to the Degenerators Car Club as well as the Poor Boys club. I had a great time. My road trip covered well over 6,000 miles in two months. On the way home I attended the Lone Star Roundup in Austin Texas. Tiki was securely belted in on the passenger side of the front seat for that show.

In short, I wouldn't trade him for anything. Well, ok, maybe for that scrawny little gal at the 7-11 gas stop.

Norm

View Profile of Normspeed Send a personal message to Normspeed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-19 2:51 pm   Permalink

Wish I could have been a part of it... A good time was had by all?

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Normspeed

Posted: 2009-07-19 7:28 pm   Permalink

Great time. BTW, I was staying in Jensen Beach for part of my trip.

View Profile of Normspeed Send a personal message to Normspeed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 7:05 pm   Permalink

Dam that tiki has got it better than the dog!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-21 11:27 am   Permalink

that scene is sooo 50's americana. dad's home in front of the tv after a hard day of ropin' cattle and mom has brought him a beer, curled up on the couch next to her man and started doing her nails! hahahaha! love it.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-21 9:42 pm   Permalink

I just went through this whole thread.....very cool rods and tikis!!!
It looks like you're havin' alot of fun....keep up the great work!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 12:09 pm   Permalink

"this is what happens when you fill up at the local 7-11..."

......that happens to me all the time!

Where you bean?

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metaltiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-15 06:31 am   Permalink

Hey man sweet Tiki! I am not sure if you know who I am but I am the guy who did the Big Metal Tiki for the first Billetproof and I also did that Metal Bill Hines for this show. I see you have a pretty good pic of all the trophies. I wish I had been there for this show but I will be there for the upcoming 2010 show hopefully I will see another cool trophy from you.

View Profile of metaltiki Send a personal message to metaltiki  Email metaltiki Goto the website of metaltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-19 03:51 am   Permalink

I saw your Metal Tiki and the Bill Hines...CRAZY!!! KOOL!!! I actually don't think we are going to make it to this coming BilletProof...so not tiki from me this year. Right now I am frantically trying to find time to get into a nice detailed carving. Th BilletProof show is a whole bunch of fun...I can't wait to see the pics of your newest creation.
Tim
MBL

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-28 08:28 am   Permalink

Hey Tim, stop by my place for "TIKI TUESDAY".

We basically sit on my front porch every Tuesday night, listen to some tunes, drink some beer, and beat on some tikis.

My addy is 1023 W Charter in Tampa.

It's basically a 6pm until whenever deal. Bring yer own beer.

Hope to see you.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-14 1:40 pm   Permalink

Well...its been a way long time since I visited. I have done a few carvings. This latest one is another trophy for the BilletProof Florida car show. This one will be presented to the winner of the Best Hotrod. I know it could have more detail, but I only had two days from start to finish. Here are some pics:

The dedbris field:

It was a fun carve, but I am a bit tired. BilletProof here we come!
Tim
MBL

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-14 2:15 pm   Permalink

And had it not been for my mentor GMAN...none of this would have happened....so you can blame him.
Tim
MBL

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-14 3:32 pm   Permalink

Nice Tim.

Long time, no see. Good to see you still have the old Pack!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-14 3:53 pm   Permalink

I do still have the Packard, but that's actually my 55 Dodge...underneath a bunch of filth.
Tim
MBL

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-14 7:03 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I remember that one now...

Either way, glad you still have 'em.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation