FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 12:11 am   Permalink

Maybe you could partner up with Gecko and let him produce mugs based on your original. He's done this with Basement Kahuna and Wendy Cevola/Joniece Frank. I think he's done some work with Squid too.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 04:58 am   Permalink

i think what LOLtiki is trying to say is...."will you hurry up and find someone to produce these a.s.a.p. so that we can all get one!!!!!"

..i agree.

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-08-22 04:58 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 10:15 am   Permalink

LLT - Why thank you brother....I'm going to run right out and gets me some zippy-fizzy...do they make that stuff in a dark rum flavor?

Cass - Man you and I gots to get in the studio together sometime...we could have some fun, fun!

Thomas - You is one rockin dude...thanks for jumping in!

Paipo - You always make me feel so good when you visit here...thanks man. I'm honored.

GeeeeMaaaan!! - Glad your popping in over here on this side. I was just in the Keys 2 weeks ago and didn't see one croc...lot's of crocs crossing the road signs, but no croc.

Duddy - Thanks for the props dude!

Cammo - - Yup all those things you mentioned is exactly what the Buzz Mong is for.

LOL & Tipsy - Hey thanks for for the input gents. I would be happy to do an oil based master of that Cobra mug for Gecko or Squid if they wanted me to, but really...neither one of these fellas would need my help to do this mug if they wish.

Ok, on with the stuffs...

There should be no surprises here...you all knew I was going to have to do this...Lapatiki #1 - mug 1

But wait! What is that mug in the upper right hand corner? ...It looks like a LLT design...could it be? Why YES, it is! Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing LLT's first hand built mug...built with his own 2 hands! I was up at Kinny's studio last week kicking it with Master Squid, Bi and LLT (how's that for name dropping). I made this little clay canvas up for Kinny...he took to the clay like a duck takes to water. I think he said something like "psssst - mugs, shmugs, I don't see what all the deal is in making these".

BUT WAIT! That's not all!...If you order in the next 15 mins...

Buzzy, not wanting to be outdone by Kinny, showed up to the House of Babalu last night with his resin molds in tow and popped out this little beauty...once again, Ladies and Gentlemen....I'm very proud to introduce the Buzz Masters first mug! The House of Buzz Mug - mug 1 - number #1

Nice group shot of the some of the stuffs for the next kiln load.

I started this wall hanging slab at LLT's...

and yes, I'm still working on this guy...I just had to think about it a little more is all.

Thanks for looking.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-22 12:32 pm   Permalink

"Bartender, there's a hare in my drink!"

Buzzy & LostTiki, great mugs (we're not surprized, carving mud has got to be easier than carving wood) Bab, love the head and the drinking spout on the back.

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2008-08-22 12:34 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 12:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-22 10:15, Babalu wrote:

There should be no surprises here...you all knew I was going to have to do this...Lapatiki #1 - mug 1

Yeah! Mugs Bunny!

Quote:

On 2008-08-22 10:15, Babalu wrote:

Nice group shot of the some of the stuffs for the next kiln load.

I'd love to have one each of those four in the back; nice work! It's interesting to see guys like LLT and Buzzy crossing over to other mediums.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 2:56 pm   Permalink

I'm with Tipsy and LOLTiki.
I'd gladly pay for it. And not like I do with hamburgers.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-23 05:50 am   Permalink

Hey Babs -

The colors of the 'Blue Belly' guy are - Bluegrass, wipe on/off, then Light Turquoise for 2-3 coats. I've got both if you need 'em, these would all look nice with those glazes (especially the Cobra.)

Hey, I have an idea for a hand-built one (or two), am I invited over to throw one up?

Laytah!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-23 06:03 am   Permalink

MAN, Gimme All 5

Some Incredible stuff coming out of your corner Babalu, Just Lookit what you're doing to these guys. You know Buzz and LLT will Never be the same, Shame on you, you should be Proud!
Haven't been here for awhile(dammit!) and I'm glad to see Your new Killer Mug. Gotta get back!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-23 4:13 pm   Permalink

Wow, Buzzy, I thought you were a model not a artist who models clay! We want them all. Wendy and Dan

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 10:21 am   Permalink

Mad Doggie - "Bartender, there's a hare in my drink"...ok, now that's funny! Instant visual.

LOL - Mugs Bunny = I would imagine that there will be a few other versions pop up down the road

Uncle John - Big thanks to you and the others for the input on this mug...ok, I won't take the possibility of doing the slip cast versions of this Cobra Fang guy off the table just yet. I would still need to put a good amount of time into the slip cast versions as I would most likely be impelled to work a great deal of the textured surface of each casting. I'm really having fun with the hand built versions right now and would like to try doing at least a few more before I re-entertain a mold. I start these hand built ones start with a solid wedged hunk of clay that looks like this....

Cammo - Why sure man! Your welcome over here anytime. I have a few of these little clay canvases made up with your name on them.

BEN!! - Hey Ben...You sure know how to make a feller happy Hopefully, I can get more than this out of these two...I have a big kiln to fill.

Wendy and Dan - I have that same signed Picture hanging up in a dark corner of my studio someplace. I really thought that one of these two should have been the official poster though...

Buzzy's Bath House

and of course my personal favorite...The Thinker.

On with stuffs..

First, Freddie sent me this great picture yesterday and it totally made my day. This traveling dude looks totally JonesEd! Bless your House of Ku Freddie...thanks!

Speaking of collecting...I've got the bug. My little collection my not be that big yet, but I sure really enjoy each one of them

It took me all day yesterday, but I now have the sculpted part of a Cobra Fang mug #2 done. I took a few small design liberties away from the menu mug with this one.

I also hollowed out the snake from the inside of the mug on #2 here for a few reasons...it cuts the weight of the mug down - the less clay used, the less you have to worry about cracking - I can dry this one faster than the way...less thick and thin areas meeting each other...that how cracks begin - The reverse spiral visual effect on the inside is also kind of nice.

Thanks for looking.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 12:19 pm   Permalink

oh wow the greatest mug family ever! You take out the best in everyone Babalu!!
And you do it first of all inspiring with your own work! I totally admire your originality and permanent search of uniqueness! your are a very magical person it shows!! Love your passion! Thanks!! and those inner swirls! a master touch!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 10:24 am   Permalink

Hope I can make your day more often Alotta people really loving your work! I'm one of them... Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 10:27 am   Permalink

Babalu

Those are totally sick! You rock!

Buzzy, thanks for the autographed Chippen' Males photo. I have framed it and put it next to Chuck Liddell's autographed poster.

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 5:58 pm   Permalink

awesome babs! that second cobra fang mug definitely solves the problem of the first one not looking so mean.

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kbgator
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 6:46 pm   Permalink

Fantastic pieces!! Babalu
I can't believe I have not seen this thread.
Totally bummed that I have missed out on such great work.
Have to comment on the Babaloon Mugs, glad that my little girls weren't up looking at the computer screen when I came across the screaming babaloon. That would have scared them. Not to mention male layout pics.

Love what you are working on.
I am glad to see that you are still working on the bird bowl.

Can't wait for the next update on the mugs.

View Profile of kbgator Send a personal message to kbgator  Email kbgator     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation