FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-28 08:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-27 11:26, Billy the Crud wrote:
I can't wait to do a mug that looks like an adult did it!

Then you may want to get an adult to help you Cruddy.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 10:10 am   Permalink

Ahhhhh Grog, that's the best complement I have had in quite some time. I've spent the last 20 years of my life trying to figure out how I could have ever lost that passion, imagination, and open ended creative freedom of a child, and wondering how I can get it back.

Sir B - ohhhh, the Drums, the drums! Nice talking to ya...sounds like a plan.

Spermy & Lee - You guys have to figure out how to make it down...I would love to kick it with you two.

Well, I didn't make it very far on these three little figures last night as my day job seemed to follow me home...

but Cammo, on the other hand, was turning and burning...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 2:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-28 08:52, GROG wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-08-27 11:26, Billy the Crud wrote:
I can't wait to do a mug that looks like an adult did it!

Then you may want to get an adult to help you Cruddy.

I don't know any that will talk to me........

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-29 10:29 pm   Permalink

Well, I wasn't going to put any work in this evening, but Cammo met me a the door when I got home from the day job today. He stayed just long enough to take a wire and slice apart his new mug start. He then put it back together again in a slightly different way....hummm, a deconstruction....yes, YES! I like it. Now your thinking Cammo...I'm afraid I'm going to have to move Cammo to the head of the class for his bold endeavor here. Way to think out of the box Cammo (god I hate that phrase).

Lapaki Puka #1 - more soon...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-30 08:36 am   Permalink

Wow, love the head mug... this is amazing! It reminds me of a "smoker" ashtray that my wife's grandparents have. It has a metal nose and ear rings as well.

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-30 09:27 am   Permalink

The middle one has a carrot between his legs. That's pretty funny.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 2:58 pm   Permalink

Wow, Babs, I'm at a loss for words, you're stuff is truly amazing.
We need to have a Lemon Grove Play in the Clay Day!

I'm in the midst of perfecting a drink that may be fitting for your Cobra Fang mug, The Serpent's Kiss.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 11:26 pm   Permalink

Tony - Hey thanks for jumping in man. I must say this little pinched monkey that I brought from you at Oasis is one of my absolute favorites. It's quick, simple, and extremely expressive...he's full of MANA!

Grog - I added on more carrots just for you. (see below)

Cheeky - HI CHEEKY! It was fun to kick it with you at Oasis! Cheeky makes the best damn VooDoo Kitty you've ever tasted...Can't wait to try the new snake spit one too It would be fun to have a big clay day...sounds fun!

Well, what a day in the ole studio...I ran to the store, and to drop the doggie off at the doggie barbers this morning, and when I got back home, Cam was already in the studio hard at work. He put a few hours in, and then off like a flash. His mug just keeps getting better.

Buzzy called and decided to take a sick day today...some kind of Union thing.

Bowana showed up and Wow! what a pleasure it was to hang out with Bowana, and watch him work...He started working with a solid piece of clay which soon started to turn into this really cool tiki...and then, out of the blue, he pops on a couple of pin up girls for handles...Yeeeeah Sir B. Sorry, Cam...get out of that seat...Sir B. sits up front. Hell, Sir B. you can teach the class now I can't wait for the next sitting on this beauty...You ROCK Dave; see ya Monday.

I finished the sculpt on this Lapaki Puka Bowl (Lapaki Puka = Rabbit Hole in Hawaiian) I started a new Cobra Fang mug too...more on that one tomorrow.

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2008-08-31 08:15 ]

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 06:07 am   Permalink

Bowana's mug looks nice, but what are they, pinups for Cancer Chemotherapy? They're BALD! Slap some hair on them goils! (The Rabbits, on the other hand, look very nice.)

Hey, I ain't even started mine yet.

Anyway, I took off cause it was Shark Hunt Day. We went to the Marine Room and swam south to look for the mysterious Leopard Sharks that gather there. Unfortunately, we only saw one shark in the next 2 hours - but saw lots of Garibaldi, lobster, schools of blue fish, kelp and seaweed forests, etc. It was just like the Beatles' song, "In an Octopus's Garden".

Then we warmed up and decide to swim north of where we first started. About ten feet in we hit a school of literally hundreds of Leopard Sharks, all in one tiny area. They swam around us, under our feet, it was scary (they aren't dangerous, but you have to keep telling yerself that) but exciting as heck. Some were BIG, man. We finally came back home and looked at shark info on the internet for the rest of the afternoon. Then I PASSED OUT, I think on the floor.

We took pictures with our new underwater camera, will post them if a few turn out but they're trad 35mm. so I gotta get them developed.

Laytah! Keep it wet boys.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 06:26 am   Permalink

Beautiful work Babalu. This is a wonderful thread, full of crazy inspiration.
I love the Lapa bowl and the hairless chicks mug is really cool. Even if
they eventually get hair it will be tremendous

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tornhalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-21 21:35, Cammo wrote:
Oops! I meant slip-cast THIS ONE!!!!!

YOW! Is this to smoke out of, drink from, shift to second gear, or kill with?!

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

How have I missed this thread??

Now I have to spend the whole day reading.. so much for working on the bar today!

View Profile of Tornhalo Send a personal message to Tornhalo  Goto the website of Tornhalo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-31 10:44 am   Permalink

Wait a minute! Who did you say is on their to an X-Rating?

Thanks for letting me come and hang out, Sir Babs. Hasta mañana.

Sir Bowie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-31 10:56 am   Permalink

I heard rumor that Bowana was going to score the babe's heads with a comb and plant ChiaPet seeds on them, can you confirm or deny that?

Things are looking good at Babalu's Skool of Klay, but the carving forum is going to be pissed that you're stealing their best talent!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 1:17 pm   Permalink

Bowana killer stuff man! cant wait to see it finished, so what if theyre bald, nothing wrong with that, maybe theyre just punk or skin head pinup girls.

and camm, the marine room is one of my favorite dive spots for shore dives in SD, if you swim far enough out from the marine room to the rim of the canyon, then you see some crazy stuff. my good friend rodney lives out there, rodney is a halibut the size of a Volkswagen! but i havent seen him in a while...hope hes ok!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-01 10:08 pm   Permalink

Cammo - Your up brother...come work on your mug!

Conga - Hey Conga...Sounds like your doing great up there! Thank you for jumping in man...The "Bird" is the word!

Thomas - I'm going to touch the inside of your mug up some..is that cool?

MadDog - Can't wait to hear about what your making in class! You go man!

Tornhola - Glad you found the thread...keep coming back

Wow, great couple of days in the shop...Billy stopped by Sat. and gave mug making another go. Grog you would have been proud..Billy jumped right in a pulled out this wild eye ball mug with a spike thingy through it...Billy, you did a great job.

The Union said it was ok, so Buzzy was back in action today. Sir B and I talked about it, and Buzzy is moving back to the front of the class...look at this chain he carved....and on his 3rd mug even! Buzzy Rocks

I need to say no more...This is why I call Bowana "Sir B" One more good sitting I think he said...

Sorry guys...had to do it...Cobra Fang #3 - sculpt finished. I don't imagine that Kate's going to find this one very cute...I changed the feet Sir B...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation