FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-07 11:33 pm   Permalink

Everything made it through the firing? I was sure mine would explode, man.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-08 07:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-07 08:21, little lost tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-06 23:00, Bowana wrote:
Looking forward to glazing time.
I hear LLT's bringing donuts!

perhaps you misunderstood Bo...
YOU'RE bringing the DONUTS!
Squid and I will be bringing this lovely
ColdCut Platter!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Okay, I'll bring the donuts, but who's going to bring the doughnuts?

That cold cut platter looks scrumdillyicious!

PS Don't be sad, Lee!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-12 12:27 pm   Permalink

Had a blastyesterday Babs. Thanks for all your hospitalty and teaching.

GROG very happy with GROG' WHIL, and can't wait to see GROG' Moai Mug fired. Everybody is doing some awesome stuff there at your place; you can always tell in artist's pieces when they really had fun doing the piece.

Squid definitely went to the head of the class this time.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2008-10-12 12:28 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-12 4:16 pm   Permalink

What in the samhell is a GROG WHIL??? Can you point it out in one of the pix?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-12 4:55 pm   Permalink

Grog Whil:

(but I think he means "WEEL")

Smashing time yesterday, thanks Babalu. Hadda head home early to carve pumpkins, etc.

Will bring my Beatles "Love" CD next time, and try to find a DVD copy of "Dad, Can I Borrow The Car", which I think Squid will like....

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-12 5:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-12 16:16, MadDogMike wrote:
What in the samhell is a GROG WHIL??? Can you point it out in one of the pix?

GROG invent Whil. Make with rock.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-12 5:54 pm   Permalink

Love the rock texture on the jacked-tooth moai

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-12 9:45 pm   Permalink

CLAY JAMS IN DA HOUSE!!

Yup...what a day yesterday! Squid, LLT, GROG, Sir B, Cammo, Buzzy, Babalu....The air was charged all around the studio. You cats ROCK the hardest!

Unfortunately, Buzzy was only in for a moment...all dazed up on chairs...he only stayed long enough to steal a can of something? He mumbled something about stain, and POOF! Just like that he was gone. WE missed you Buzz.

Kinny is always the life of the party...hands down. I think Simon (my dog) likes him better than he does Buzzy now. Kinny was a glazing fool, and later in the day, he and I busted out our first collaboration piece....SMOKIN PUPPIES! its all about smokin puppies brother.

Cammo is the man!...the dude brought a pumpkin pie! Thanks for bringing the tunes too Cammo...You got's more energy than thunder brother.

Sir B was, as always, was in his old calculated robot gear of GO!...glazed 3 pieces...carving on another...Jeez my friend, you is sure one talented individual.

The bird dropped in for a howdy doo...got his hands a little muddy.

GROG....Folk's look at this mug...GROG you are also one truly talented person. This is really one damn fine mug! Your a natural brother...

But in the end, the day belonged to Master Squid....he just started out carving up this wonderful Luau Pig...yes, ladies and gentlemen, a Polynesian porker. That was all good and fine, but what threw it over the top...what set him apart today from all the rest of us was the bacon swizzle stick he made for this bad boy...I wished I would have taken more pictures of this guy. I think Daves at home right now carving a riot helmet for him

Me, I cheated...I worked on mine a little bit more today...

I see you cats snuck some $$ in my sketch book...thanks gents, but that was really not needed...in my sketch book it will stay till you guys come back. We are having the best order out pizza in town the next time...It will be much better than coffee, hotdogs, chips with fire dip, and cotton candy cookies.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-13 01:44 am   Permalink

I am just amazed with everything that has been posted on this thread - I've been following along for some time now. Tiki mugs in Australia are few and far between and for a while now I've been thinking about making my own, but just never thought I could pull it off as I have no experience with clay (Okay I lie, I DID make a devil mask in year 8 out of clay..it is still standing the test of time =P).. This thread in particular and the other 'how to' thread by Babalu and Bowana really kicked me into gear.. also seeing all you guys making really sweet mugs on your first go, made me think 'Hey, maybe I can do this!'.. so thanks =D The stuff that I've seen on this thread are some of the best works of art that I've seen.. EVER! It's really inspiring for me, and I'm half a world away! =D

I will be watching this thread intently for more great things coming from the Babalu studios =P

Liana.

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 08:58 am   Permalink

Liana! just Go for it! you gotta start somewhere....
What a GRAND time!
Thanks Rick and Amy for being the hostesses with the mostestest!
is that even a word!?!?!
Hanging out withall y'all was the perfect Saturday!
The air was krackilin' with Creative energy!
Very Fun!
Hanging out with this crew
raises your clay/glaze IQ at least 50 points!
Thanks Rick and Amy for opening your home and hearts
to us clay babies!!!!!
Can't wait to visit Simon again!
What a sweet dog!
why he loves Buzzy I'll never know...

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 10:48 am   Permalink

Liana, I concur with Little Lost Tiki - you should give it a try. I also agree that there has been much amazing artwork on Babalu's threads. Plus, many useful pointers. There was enough information for me to start slipcasting.

I love the textured rock look GROG got with his "whil" and mug. I'll have to give that a try sometime.

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-13 11:12 am   Permalink

Liana, I'm another Babalu clay convert - I studied his thread and got everything I needed to slipcast my first mug. GO FOR IT!!! Then ask around and find someone local who can help you with firing and glazing.

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 4:15 pm   Permalink

A big old Mahalo to Babalu and Mrs. Babalu. That was extremely fun and I have no problem with the Babalu MREs. Quite tasty! Everyone really did jam it up.

Rick has inspired us all and for those that have been checking into this madness, I say do it!

My Polynesian Porker is all finished and drying as we speak. I'm ready for a bacon Mai-Tai!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 4:23 pm   Permalink

Can you write LUAU PIG a little bit bigger?
i'm havin a hard time seein it!

Seriously tho....that is gonna be one cool mug
after glazin!
MMMMMMMMMM!
bacon maiTais!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-13 4:24 pm   Permalink

Love it Squid! You know we have a Polynesian food restaurant literally 2 mins drive from us and my favourite thing to eat there are the Pork buns.. This mug just makes me hungry

Oh and thanks for the encouragment guys! I'll be buying supplies today, and sorting out a kiln. Just wondering, what would be the best kind of clay to use for hand made one off's? I figured I'd do alot of hand made stuff to practice sculpture before I started slip casting

Liana.

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation