FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-30 12:24 am   Permalink

Corba #3 - sweet! Looks like something Alice Cooper might drink outa. (hear he lives over on Maui by the by)

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 07:01 am   Permalink

"Gaugain would be proud..."

It's spelled 'Gauguin'.

Gaugain is a protein-vitamin drink used by Russian weightlifters.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-30 10:05 am   Permalink

Wow! Great mugs, Mike, Babs, and Cam! The glazing is spectacular! I better get to work on some new stuff!

Here's some shots of the Alohas and their glaze job.

I used underglazes for the bright colors, and clear coat on top.

Here's the two little trouble makers I made at Mieko's, ready to steal your lunch money!

Quote:

On 2008-12-29 21:50, little lost tiki wrote:
Baba! thAT albino snake creeps me out
worse than johnny and edgar winter!

Bowowow

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-30 10:33 am   Permalink

Bowana, I don't think it could get any more perfect than that! The details amaze me, both the sculpt and the glaze.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 10:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone! Just time enough for a quick drive by posting tonight...

Sir B, stopped over this afternoon for a few hours and we started a few goodies...

Bowana, did a whole little box full of little goodies...Sorry folks, this is the only picture took of Dave's work

I started this new bowlie today...still have to fine tune the 3 trohpy heads, etc, and put a nice lip around the top, but these images should give you a pretty good idea we're I'm going with it. This was the first thing for me to write 2009 on this year.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-30 10:11 pm   Permalink

Hehe love those figurines Bowana!

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 08:13 am   Permalink

Me too! and the aloha sisters are looking perfect, what a titanic job, fiu.... cammo's mug, the maoitini's, the turtle bowl, PNG Bird Man Drum Mug (my favorite ever!), the ornament so many amazing things you are making! i just have to come back over and over and say so ! have a great new year you all!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 10:57 am   Permalink

Hey Bowana, The Aloha mug looks Great, That is the best mug I have ever seen, You should be proud, Hey Babs the bowl looks very cool too, Great Job you guys! Happy New Years, Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 1:31 pm   Permalink

Simply AWESOME!!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 8:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Thanks for stopping by Liana and GoGo...Bowana is the MAN! After you have been next to each of his babe mugs is tough to pick a favorite...The Aloha Sisters is a perfect sculpt, but the 3 surfer girls are about a 1/3 the size of the Alohas and they still look cute. He basically carved those tiny faces using a small needle tool...sheesh!

Clarita - We are sooo happy when you come around! It just wouldn't be the same around here without you.

Hey Danny, wow, thanks for bouncing in on our thread! If you ever get the urge to come down and play in the shop, we would love, love to have ya over for some Clay Jam...take care man.

Ok, on to stuffs....

For the most part, I finished this here bowlie this afternoon. I still need to let the clay dry up some...I have about 1/2 hour of fine tuning, but...for the most part he's done. I put 2 small holes on the bottom rim for some wire or some raw hide, or something like that there, so someone can use it, and also hang it up on the wall.

I figure if Sir B can have a Sisters Mug, I can have a Brothers Bowl....this one is called "3 Brothers". They are as close in death as they were in life

Sir B, I tried, but I still went a little over board anyway...4 + 5

Hey, HAPPY NEW YEAR all!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 9:14 pm   Permalink

More killer stuff going on here than anywhere I've EVER seen!

How the heck does Babs do stuff like this over a holiday week, while recovering from Christmas and painting the house at the same time?!

Are there in fact two Babs - one does the clay stuff while the other runs around getting groceries, working and doing the year end taxes?

Hey - the hula girls are great, but I really love Bowana's leetle fiendish guys! Extra-specially the upside down 13 guy!

Cripes, that's it, I'm throwing in the towel!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-01 10:16 am   Permalink

The 3 bros is awesome, I'm diggin' the swirled PNG motif you're usin'

Keep it coming!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-01 11:43 am   Permalink

Merveilleux!!!

Oh bruddah!!!

Sweet temptation!!!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-02 08:35 am   Permalink

Hey Cam, Throwing in the towel would be a mistake. Your work is outstanding. Your first few attempts at hand building are some of the best "firsts" I've ever seen. What Buzzy is doing now is the key....do 100 pieces. It gets faster, and it will get even better. Think Mad Dog Mike - Do not fear to fail. We are all good, but we are "all" still very small fish in the grand scheme of ceramics. What makes us special is the fact that we have all come together to "unite" under a flag of creativity. The one thing you do not lack for is ideas....Just be aware that everyone else here does not lack for ideas either. No one needs yours. There are no secrets here...I will share with you, and "anyone else", everything I know about hand building....we learn from each other. It is always the follow up action that counts. That's where most will drop the ball. Pick up some clay brother...make something new!

Mr. Sandz, Thank you for the drive by! It's folks like you that keep us charged up to the act of making!

Ok, on with stuffs...

Big Toe, started this wonderfully complicated mug at the last Chop I did over here. He made it through the building of the design and everything else for the most part. He ran out of time to take a little weight out of the center of it, and to put a base on it before he had to head back up north...I mention to him that I would do these few small things for him. Isn't this a killa mug! It's so...well um...TOE! Check out that mouth on this guy! See the daylight between the teeth....just bitchin'. I still have to dry and fire this guy Master Toe...anything could happen - don't get to attached to him just yet. Sorry it took me so long...Don't tell GROG that you wanted me to use his secret lucky rock to texture with.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-02 08:55 am   Permalink

Great job BigToe, he makes me happy

Sir Bowana, I've got a question for you, maybe Babalu will answer it. I can't get over the glaze job on the Aloha Sisters. Was that done in one firing or did you glaze parts at a time? Maybe it's just my lack of a steady hand, but sometimes it seems easier to me to glaze and fire the background (for instance) of something intricate, then go back to glaze and fire the rest. Any glaze I accidentally brush on the fired background is easy to remove. Maybe I'm just lazy because I have a small kiln and don't have to wait to fill it before I fire.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation