FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Oceanside Chop July 14th officially!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Oceanside Chop July 14th officially!
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 09:15 am   Permalink

The next San Diego Chop Chop is going to be at my house in Oceanside.

We need to pick a weekend, which works best for you?

Since the Tiki Farm Bash is the 21st, we can chop on the 14th or the 28th.

Check your calenders, and post up!

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2007-07-06 13:56 ]

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 10:01 am   Permalink

Come to think of it, you guys decide and I will hopefully make it...

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2007-07-01 17:48 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 10:23 am   Permalink

Lets hear from the Newbies - Billy, Cannibal, Birdman, Thurston Howell 3rd. What works with those guys works for moi.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 10:56 am   Permalink

Ok, as for me, work in Film & TV will pick up heavy in July so the 14th would work better for me, later in the month I could be out on location.

The Birdman

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-01 8:02 pm   Permalink

Either weekend works for me just as long as there's going to be Spam and corn.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 8:50 pm   Permalink

i have a large rocket event the weekend of the 14th. i'd be happy to make it on the 28th.

http://www.ldrs26.org/

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 9:36 pm   Permalink

IN!!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 11:50 pm   Permalink

Hey, the corn has been pretty bad at the store lately, I've tried Vons, Ralph's, Henry's, etc, and the cobs are all kind of thin & beat up. Don't know why.

But - if I can get some decent cobs for the next one, lets try barbeque-ing the stuff. I soak it for an hour, take the 'silk' off and roast it in the husk. Fine stuff.

Maybe the 28th is better, but Birdman betta come!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 12:45 am   Permalink

If work isn't a problem, I'll be there! I'll keep my eye out for the good corn too!

The Birdman

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 06:55 am   Permalink

I'm down with the 14th......ComicCon is the weekend of the 24...

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-02 07:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-02 06:55, Clysdalle wrote:
I'm down with the 14th......ComicCon is the weekend of the 24...

Ya gotta do like me and blow off work on the 26th, and 27th and go to Comicon then, Dave. Only a nut goes to Comicon on Saturday!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 07:41 am   Permalink

Dav, him right. All the deals have been dealt by Saturday at the Con. And it's impossible gettin' in those huge media event rooms.

mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 08:11 am   Permalink

Ha, I'm busy for Comic-con on the 28th as well, we spend Saturday wandering around, bumping into old friends and hitting happy hours downtown. Wednesday night is the only good time to go though the dealer's room anymore....

I could probably only make it for a few hours on the 28th, but not very many. If it has to be that day, Spam Musubi can still be arranged since my parents are close to Bill's.

14th works MUCH better for me.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 09:58 am   Permalink

Actually, I vote the 14th too.

It's better for TBird, Mieko and Cly.

It avoids the Comicon.

It keeps the Newbies on their toes, we wanna see some PROGRESS!

The mugs should be close to almost kind of sort of in a half-finished state, and that's definate.

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 10:26 am   Permalink

Hey Cam,

As soon as Dave and I finish the plaster molds on the 4th, Dave says these molds are going to have to sun dry for a few weeks before we can start to pull slip castings from them (I didn't know this before)...we will only have one mold on each mug, so we are limited (time wise) as to how many we can get done quickly...once we have slip casted several of each mug, we will do the first firing to get some test pieces to play with...then we will pick some glazes and do a test firing on these few...once we have made our glaze choices from these tests, and we could find that we want to redo the process if we don't get the glazing we want the first time, then, you and me are going into mass production bro...make some time available. I guess bottom line is, it's going to take a little time to get everyone their Chop mugs out...I want to make sure they are the best they can be. Not sure about Oki, but I think the Man of War is going to need about 4 colors on it, maybe 5..at least the chop members version of it will need that many.

Peace out.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation