FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Forbidden Island Summer Of Mug Phase Four: The Limited Edition FI/Munktiki Fugu For Two! 7/15/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Summer Of Mug Phase Four: The Limited Edition FI/Munktiki Fugu For Two! 7/15/07
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-10 7:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-10 15:56, TikiLaLe wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-09 19:52, Mai Tai wrote:
Here's a pic of the rules that Martin posted for the Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party. Martin, if any rules have changed, let me know and I'll take this pic down.

:< :< :< :< :< :< :<
Nobody lines up before Dawn... Who the hell is Dawn ??????

Dawn is the whale that was stuck in the Delta a month or so ago. Bummer thing is she takes up most of the sidewalk in front of the building.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-07-11 05:53 am   Permalink

How's that Alameda Garbage Strike going?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-11 09:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-11 05:53, Bora Boris wrote:
How's that Alameda Garbage Strike going?

Funny you should mention that...each person waiting in line for a fugu also has to take home one bag of Forbidden Island garbage. It's OK- it's just leaky 75 lb bags of rotten fruit shells.

(strike is actually in Oakland. Alameda has a different company.)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-11 09:51 am   Permalink

Will these be available in a less than limited edition style later, either through FI or Munktiki?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 09:54 am   Permalink

They're available on Munktiki's website now, but with a different glaze and without the FI stamp on the bottom.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 5:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-10 14:57, Haole'akamai wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-10 08:26, martiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-09 13:45, princessP wrote:

Looks like it will be another fun wait inline...

...for one of my slave boys! Bwaahhhaa!

-Patty

True dat.

HAHA,, I waited once. The boys take very good care of me and me of them. However CP's girlfriend said she would wait inline for me this time, my sister said she would also... HEHEH

[ This Message was edited by: princessp 2007-07-15 00:02 ]

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-14 11:27 am   Permalink

BUMP!

TOMORROW!!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 11:30 am   Permalink

Even I am planning on being there!! I need an outing!! See you all there...

Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-14 7:39 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for the 411 Jen

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 02:30 am   Permalink

Homemade peach pie, y'all...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 02:49 am   Permalink

Mmmmmmmm, pie!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 09:47 am   Permalink

We're up and we're on the way!!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-15 4:50 pm   Permalink

SOLD OUT!

Thank you all so much for the support! Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2007-07-15 16:53 ]

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 11:50 pm   Permalink

martiki wrote:
SOLD OUT!

Wow, good thing I got there early! I did not think a Menudo concert would sell out like that, must have been the Harry Potter promotional tie-in.

no soy un weirdo de la taza,
sostenedor del midnite del fugus dos

PS Va Phish!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 08:52 am   Permalink

Geez... who knew standing in line for over 5 hours could be so fun! It was kinda like a tail gate party but instead of a ballgame we got funny looking yellow mugs in the shape of a puffed-up fugu with orangy-red spots all over it. The "less than 50" mug count covered everyone in line and even gave a few lucky people a second chance at creating a pair (school?) of puffers. Martiki and Conga Mike handed out these magical vessels complete with the drink recipe. (Paul at Munktiki did it again!!!) And just in time to fill up and settle down to read the new Harry Potter coming out next weekend.

JenTiki headed the line, getting there just after 9:30AM. In the next hour the line extended to about 10, but didn't start to bend around the corner until after 2:00pm. Martin, of "The Boys", arrived shortly after 9:30am with a freshly baked coffee cake, still warm from the oven. Then, lots of coffee arrived (thanks Buster and Coco Loco) and assorted pastries. Soon our small folding tables were covered with pineapple chunks, haole-style spam musubi, FRESH peach pie ala Haole'akamai, crackers, and assorted other goodies. Then, thanks to some local friends of mine (Simon and David) who did the food run since we were stuck in line, we had a full lunch from the Hawaiian Drive Inn. I saw lots of macaroni salad and rice accompanying BBQ chicken, shrimp, and chicken katsu. YUMMMMY!

Special THANKS to everyone who purchased one of my Fish Float necklaces! It helped contribute to my Fugu fund. I will have more at Tiki Oasis if you missed out. Maybe some additional colors.

By 2:50pm, all chairs, umbrellas, tables, and tents were being packed up and only a true line of eagerly awaiting Tiki Freaks waited outside Forbidden Island's door for the Fugu to arrive. Shortly before 3:00pm, Martiki appeared carrying one of those yellow critters and psyched up the crowd, then handed out the coveted yellow tickets which allowed each holder to get one Fugu.

The door was opened and we started the real party. I finally got to meet Notch (congrats on the excellent magazine article!), Kahaka (he created a fantastic volcano shaped lamp for my tiki hut), kingstiedye (aka Bullet of the infamous Tiki mug and art collection), and Brian (I am sorry I forgot your TC name... who has quite a collection of brown Forbidden Island mugs and who is a fun drinkin buddy). Thanks to everyone for helping me escape reality for a few hours!!!

And, no midnight_tiki! You cannot have my Eddy-Y tiki shirt!!!

See you all soon!
Aloha,
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation