FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Forbidden Island Summer Of Mug Phase Four: The Limited Edition FI/Munktiki Fugu For Two! 7/15/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Forbidden Island Summer Of Mug Phase Four: The Limited Edition FI/Munktiki Fugu For Two! 7/15/07
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:16 am   Permalink

Oh, and Martiki and Conga Mike, if people wander in on Friday looking for the Fish concert...you'll know who started the rumor. It was quite fun making up reasons for our standing in line to all of of the non-mug weirdos who kept pulling over asking..."wow, what's going on here???". Oh, and Harry Potter fans might be wandering in looking for autographs too. And Menudo wannabes...and the list goes on.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 11:58 am   Permalink

Excellent recap TWB, Thank You!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 12:41 pm   Permalink

I believe Myke neglected to mention the cool-down portion of the day. One of those old fashioned ice cream trucks with the silly music that used to come around to all the neighborhoods when we were kids rolled down Lincoln Avenue around 2:00. Some of us had been out in the sun for hours, so we flagged him down and kept him rather busy for a few minutes. I suspect we filled his sales quota for the day! I've rarely seen a bunch of "grown ups" so quickly transformed into a bunch of 8-year olds! That was one of the highlights of the day for me!

These Forbidden Island mug lines are getting to be quite fun! The cameraderie of the mug weirdos is surpassed only by the quality of the mugs and drinks inside.

Note to self: next time use sunscreen.

Note to people who may see me at the Big Ol' Tiki Bash: Please forgive my sunburned decollete which I'm sure will be in full "lizard shedding skin" mode by then.

Another note to self: next time make up a more interesting answer for the question: "What's going on here?" The public just doesn't understand mug weirdness.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 1:34 pm   Permalink

I kept telling people is was the 10th anniversary re-release of Booty Call...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 11:13 am   Permalink

Fugu mugs! Sniff. I was there on Saturday night and I got to see one... I had to work all day on Sunday starting at 7am and I knew I'd miss out. Congrats, all of you special Fugu owners! Looks like I'll be moving to Texas without any fugus in my net.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 12:56 pm   Permalink

Wow! I should've picked up an extra or two when I had the chance, but then doing that simply to make a profit would've been tacky.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nytshaed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-09 9:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-09 12:56, JenTiki wrote:
Wow! I should've picked up an extra or two when I had the chance, but then doing that simply to make a profit would've been tacky.

No kidding!! There's another one up there, that is only hours old and it's over $260!! Why are these going for so much? Did I miss something?

View Profile of Nytshaed Send a personal message to Nytshaed  Email Nytshaed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-09 21:22, Nytshaed wrote:
Why are these going for so much? Did I miss something?

You mean besides it being one of the coolest mugs ever!?!?!

I would have a hard time parting with mine, but I'm gonna keep this in mind in case I ever need some easy cash!

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 4:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-09 21:22, Nytshaed wrote:
Why are these going for so much? Did I miss something?

Because of it's exclusivity factor, plus it's affiliation of being a Forbidden Island limited edition mug as well.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 12:17 pm   Permalink

Uh-huh!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 4:36 pm   Permalink

Captain Odysseus is selling his fugu mug? Ooooooooo I am so adding that to my watched items list!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ickytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-17 1:42 pm   Permalink

Does anybody have the recipe that came along with this mug?

I saw that somebody is looking for it om one of the Tiki Central posts...

~icky

***Thanks everybody that helped ka'lenatiki out!***

Here's the recipe that Trader Tom and AceExplorer helped find:

I found a recipe from 2008 at this URL:
http://marriedwithdinner.com/2008/03/17/mxmo-fugu-for-two/
It has some good background information about this drink as well as a couple of others. Here's what you may be looking for -- would you let us know if this matches what you remember drinking? It looks good, I'm going to try this soon.

Fugu for Two
3 oz amber rum
1 oz vodka
1 oz apricot brandy
2 oz pineapple juice
1-1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz passion fruit syrup (preferably Monin)
1 oz orgeat
sparkling wine

Combine all ingredients in a blender with two cups of cracked ice and pulse twice, very quickly. Pour into a tall bowl and add more cracked ice to fill. Top with a float of sparkling wine, and serve with two straws.

[ This Message was edited by: ickytiki 2012-08-17 18:43 ]

View Profile of ickytiki Send a personal message to ickytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation