FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Change in TV Passion Fruit Syrup???
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
Change in TV Passion Fruit Syrup???
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-03 10:55 pm   Permalink

Made my second trip to see the Auntie in August. My sister thought I was crazy to buy 4 bottles, but I only get to Kauai once a year. I did make a great discovery this trip: In Hawaii the flat rate box is called the Aloha Box. For $15.00 you can ship just about anything you can stuff into this 12 x 12x 5.5 box. That a lot of Passionfruit Syrup and Juice from Auntie Lilikoi. And try the mustard. It has won awards.

[ This Message was edited by: SuperEight 2010-10-03 22:56 ]

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-12 10:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Sometimes I like to bump a thread up for no rhyme or reason. This is one of them.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-19 01:18 am   Permalink

Tweaked the passionfruit recipe that I posted a while back and could not find again.
1 1/2 C cane sugar
1 1/2 C bottled water,
Bring to boil,simmer til clear, allow to cool. Yup , it’s simple syrup.
Thaw a packet of Goya PF pulp (14 ounces)
Pour all of the pulp and a couple of drops of pure vanilla extract into a suitable bottle (I used an empty 75 ml Monin PF Syrup bottle)
Add the simple syrup to the pulp. I had about an ounce of syrup too much which I just added to a jar of “Honey Mix” that was in my bar fridge. Shake the heck out of it and put it in the fridge. Might have to shake it some more before using, we’ll see.
I did not cook the pulp with the syrup as I did the first time I made PF syrup. This batch is delicious! Flavor is intense-may have to adjust the amount used in my drinks.
I too am curious as to “shelf life-The first batch I ever made kept in my very cold fridge for months.
Btw, I purchased the Goya brand pulp at my local Von’s.
I have a PF vine Growing in my garden. Hopefully it’ll produce enough fruit so that I can share with the peeps at Don’s ITMP.
Recipe is really easy peas y.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wupput
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-03-19 11:06 am   Permalink

Hey neighbor,
I'm just down the street from you, in Fullerton. Where did you find the passionfruit vine? A local nursery? I am about to make some planting decisions and would like to start growing my own (passion fruit that is!)

View Profile of wupput Send a personal message to wupput      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-19 1:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-19 11:06, wupput wrote:
Hey neighbor,
I'm just down the street from you, in Fullerton. Where did you find the passionfruit vine? A local nursery? I am about to make some planting decisions and would like to start growing my own (passion fruit that is!)

Hey Wup, I bought mine at Roger’s Garden -Newport Beach, It was 13 bucks. Most places sell em for about 7-8 $ for a 1 gallon container.
I was looking for a gorgeous red flowered ornamental variety and the salesperson talked me into one called Passaflora Edulis “Frederick” Supposed to bear lotsa fruit. Got my fingers crossed! Saw a bunch of different varieties at Lakewood Nursery (actually in Cypess, Hawaiian Gardens) and my favorite place to shop for plants. Selection and price can’t be beat!
Passiflora’s are aggressive and need plenny room along with support-trellis/chain link fence,etc.
Good luck!
Btw, Blue Hills on the blvd in La Habra has quality plants ( and excellent free advice) at a little higher price then the big box stores but nowhere near what Rogers charges.
I have never seen Passionfruit plants at any big box store.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wupput
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-03-19 7:10 pm   Permalink

Blue Hills - great idea. I bought a guava and mango for my garden a while back when i lived in La Habra. Unfortunately both died but that was the climate/soil/me, not the nursery! I'll stop by there tomorrow. It hadn't even occurred to me that there would be different passion fruit varietals... I'll have to do some research too. These vendors at the Buena Park farmers market on Saturdays have incredibly delicious passion fruits so I might ask them if they know what varietal they are. Thanks for the other tips on Lakewood and Rogers.

We bought a place in Fullerton in August and we currently have 2 tangerines, 1 lemon, and 1 orange tree. The plan right now is to put in an avocado, loquat (my daughter loves em), ORO BLANCO GRAPEFRUIT, and passion fruit. If all goes well I'll be offering to barter with all SoCal folks in a few years! How many fresh white grapefruits is a bottle of Havana Rum worth I wonder?

View Profile of wupput Send a personal message to wupput      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation