FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 7:59 pm   Permalink

i'm coming to see chicks in gogo boots carve and hang out with grog and laugh (not at chicks in gogo boots carving though!).

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 10:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-31 18:33, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Alright, I'm in too.

Ah well, shiyet. Now TWO of my professors are showin up. Now I really gotta prove I gotta C. I thought I woulda skated through with just Bosko. But now..?
This thing better not be live otherwise Benz is gonna whoop me up somthin fierce with his strop.

I gotta start studien. I hope those Marples aren't too rusty,...er, dull. Better rusty and sharp than clean and dull!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 06:50 am   Permalink

Tiki Diablo wrote:

"Matbe y'all havent noticed"

I think my demo will be on correct spelling.

KIDDING! HA! Just KIDDING!

You know, a few things I've learned at these chops are -

1. Each one is different. Even if they're at the same house, they're a bizarre mix of people, fun, and sweat and totally unpredictable. You just never know what's going to happen. We've tried planning things but the whole Chop seems to take on its own life that has nothing to do with us!

2. Giving people a chisel, mallet and a fresh log seems to bring out their best, most creative instincts. It's weird. And their background & training has nothing to do with it. One of the best carvers I've ever seen was a dentist. Babalu had never worked on wood before doing his first two amazing tikis. I still don't know what Kate does for a living (she explained it to me but I don't get it) but it ain't carving tikis.

3. Tiki carving in a group forces you to carve better. I don't know why, it's not pressure, it's some kind of strange psycho energy thing.

4. Carving is good for ya. Better than coffee in the morning, better than sunshine in the afternoon. It's just plain good.

Laytah -

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 09:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-01 06:50, Cammo wrote:
Tiki Diablo wrote:

"Matbe y'all havent noticed"

I think my demo will be on correct spelling.

KIDDING! HA! Just KIDDING!

You know, a few things I've learned at these chops are -

1. Each one is different. Even if they're at the same house, they're a bizarre mix of people, fun, and sweat and totally unpredictable. You just never know what's going to happen. We've tried planning things but the whole Chop seems to take on its own life that has nothing to do with us!

2. Giving people a chisel, mallet and a fresh log seems to bring out their best, most creative instincts. It's weird. And their background & training has nothing to do with it. One of the best carvers I've ever seen was a dentist. Babalu had never worked on wood before doing his first two amazing tikis. I still don't know what Kate does for a living (she explained it to me but I don't get it) but it ain't carving tikis.

3. Tiki carving in a group forces you to carve better. I don't know why, it's not pressure, it's some kind of strange psycho energy thing.

4. Carving is good for ya. Better than coffee in the morning, better than sunshine in the afternoon. It's just plain good.

Laytah -

Cammo(ya jerk) I found the SPELL CHECK BUTTON! Ha, I am going to use it from now on.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-01 09:22 am   Permalink

GROG not have gogo boots or a flame retardent log, so GROG not carve.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 09:28 am   Permalink

GROG,
Wear combat boots instead!
Seeing as you're a flaming retarded log,it's good that you won't be carving...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-01 09:37 am   Permalink

OH yeah? Well you're just flaming!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 10:05 am   Permalink

Tiki Diablo wrote -
"I found the SPELL CHECK BUTTON!"

Hey, I found it too, it's called my BRAIN!

Kidding! Just kidding again, big guy!

GROG and Little Lost Kenichi - somebody should lock you two up in a shed for the weekend and not let you out until you've gotten everything straight between you.

NEWS BULLETIN #3

The Carving Village will be hosting the Benson's famous Mai Tai Fine Big Retro 1974 Deluxe Bus - holy kabolies, I want one of these, and that cruiser bike out front is pretty Fine too -

We'll park the thing right in the middle of the Chop, on the west side of the lot to give us some shade. Thanks to Otto and the Bensons for arranging it. I was thinking we could paint Tikis with watercolor gouache all over the side, but we'll have to get their permission first...

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2007-08-01 11:47 ]

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:
I was thinking we could paint Tikis with watercolor guache all over the side

Hey Cammo! It's spelled "gouache"! You got a spell check brain-use it!
Kidding! just Kidding big guy!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 11:49 am   Permalink

Little Lost - hey, that's exactly how I did spell it!

You crazy, man?

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 12:22 pm   Permalink

most impressive command of the spell-check AND editing tool!

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 07:50 am   Permalink

Awwww, Cammo your just saying those nice things because I have a kiln. I also know that you are trying to bribe me not to mention your wrestling endeavor. Sorry brother, it's just to ripe of a topic to not share with the masses...

You see all, Cammo thought that he might be able to be a serious competitive combatant this year in the annual "Great Cage Match" that happens at the notorious Tiki Farm Bash....you know, jump into the fray with the other all stars that are seasoned pros. Well, Cammo knew he hadn't been in a good scrape since he got caught/found hiding in a locker - in the girls locker room - in jr. high, so he asked me to go with him downtown to the local gym to watch him get in a practice round or two before the Bash. You know, get warmed up and all. Well, he should have guessed that things were going to go extremely south when the bell rang and that chick yelled..."FOOL! - It's going to be a real bitch to pick up all your teeth with a broken arm!!" I guess a good picture is worth a thousand words.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 10:47 am   Permalink

she has a hairy navel ^

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-02 12:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-01 09:28, little lost tiki wrote:
GROG,
Wear combat boots instead!
Seeing as you're a flaming retarded log,it's good that you won't be carving...

little lost tiki you owe me a new keyboard , i laughed so hard, soda shoot out my nose and shorted out my keyboard.

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 2:39 pm   Permalink

So, what's up, Cammo? You get your mess all cleaned up yet? I'm sharpening my chisels and it would be a shame if I had to carve a tiki out of your leg......although that would look pretty cool!!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation