FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 9:32 pm   Permalink

Everyone that was originally told to do a 30 minute demo is planning on being there for much longer than 30 minutes during the entire run of the event, and none of us really wanted to do it anyway. We started to think about it, discuss it, and it seemed the demos would drastically alter the spirit and format of our usual gatherings, or create some potential problems.
I'll just mention some of the factors that were considered when we decided to switch this to an open multi carver demonstation. If all of us were to do a 30 minute demo, it would be nearly two whole days of demos strung end to end. That is almost the entire scope of the event. Two solid days of back to back demos? We started asking ourselves: Do we all stop carving and be polite and watch the scheduled demo? Or Do we be rude and carve on while our friend shouts over the din of 20 carvers and as many spectators as we can handle.
The original purpose was for the general public to come by, watch what was going on, and then if so inspired, have the resources at hand to give carving a try. So far, no one has objected to this worthy goal. It would be much more advantageous, from these observers point of view, to witness several different artists doing what they do simultaneously, with each of them giving, in some cases, a days long seminar, as opposed to a quick 30 minute demo. People will be encouraged to wander about and freely ask questions of any person working there. There will literally be 20 interactive seminars going on at most times. I can assure you all, there will certainly be more than one going on at ALL times.

It sounds like some of us are still a little unclear about the final change to the Tiki Oasis chop:
We will NOT be doing any prescheduled 30 minute demonstrations at Tiki oasis.

We WILL be doing several demonstrations, all at the same time, all of the time, throughout most of the daytime hours of Tiki Oasis.

Just like all of our chops in the past.

See all of you there.

Now, one more issue to address: The demos were originally conceived as part of a deal that entailed the admission of some selected people to the vending area on Saturday. To our new friends who have asked if they can come down, carve for 30 minutes, and then get into the vending area early on Saturday, let me say this: You bottom feeding mug collecting scumbags are an ass tumor on this fine event, and there truly is no end to the lows you will stoop to to support your habit. Next thing you know, if you do not watch yourselves, you will find yourselves on your knees behind the dumpster in back of the hotel, selling yourselves to feed your mug obsessions and addictions. We will welcome anyone who has an interest in carving, but not you slimy turds who want to come down as a way to get around forking over the dough to stay at the hotel and getting into the vending area before your time! Besides, the people who get there first will all buy an extra one to sell to you on ebay in a while anyway.

Buzzy Out!

Postcards coming soon!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 9:50 pm   Permalink

So basically ...uhm, oh, ah, what are you trying to say? I don't get it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 9:59 pm   Permalink

Hiltiki: I said to everyone we were not doing demos and then everyone agreed and said good, we shouldn't do demos then, and that's funny cause that's what I orginally had said, so I said it again in case I didn't say it right, and that's why I had to say it again, because it seemed like some people didn't know what I had said. I hope I said it right this time.

Do I have to say it again?
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 10:15 pm   Permalink

WEll I understand but I gotta change this shit up a little . I may be from Cucamonga but we take pics a little different up here .

Ill be selling these at my booth .
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 10:41 pm   Permalink

OK, OK, OK, the demos are out! Look, if you want to do a demo that's fine, if you don't that's fine too. The whole carving village is one big carving demo anyway! (And organizing time at the Oasis is getting really crazy now.)

Buzzy's right. About the demos, that is.

Lets just agree with Buzzy, I'll do whatever he says if he'll go back to putting that Thor comic at the end of his posts instead of the beefcake picture!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 11:55 pm   Permalink

Yay for no 30 minute demos! and postcards? I need a POSTER! I think Costco can do 20x30 poster prints. I wonder if anyone would be offended if I had a Buzzy poster at work. Maybe and 8x10 glossy would go over better.
Buzzy - will you sign a picture for me??? Or do you charge $10 like some of those washed up actors at Comic-con?

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 12:18 am   Permalink

I 2nd Meiko's "Yay for No 30 minute Demos". I'd much rather just carve. Since I'm such a newbie I was rather panicked about what I could talk about, so I'm perfectly happy luggin' the log I started at the last chop and just finishing it at the Oasis !

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 01:59 am   Permalink

Hey, can I wear my wrestling outfit?

I have matching bandanas!

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 06:53 am   Permalink

Forget Buzzy...I'm hanging next to Ray and his assistants! After that, I'm moving to Cucamonga.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 07:13 am   Permalink

I 2nd Babalu's motion of working next to Ray's assistants. They look like they could teach anybody a thing or two.

RAY - can I please have that TikiChick #3's name and email address. Just PM me the details. I have a pendant she can wear, but I need to get all her info first.

Believe it or not, a Buzzy poster may be happening real soon! Our new "Mr. August" is getting pretty popular!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 08:05 am   Permalink

Her name is Amie Decker and she will be in the 2008 West Coast Choppers calendar tiki/chopper/hot chick photo/pic/thingy with my tikis that month which ever month it is cause Im not sure cause I havent seen it yet cause Jesse James doesnt want me to stop carving tiki's and start making my own chopper bikes so we just have to wait till October to go to Wal-Mart and buy the calendar.Does that clear things up for you ? Now , while your mind is numb I will throw out this pic just for Cammo.

Hubba ,Hubba !!!!!!!

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 09:57 am   Permalink

THANK YOU RAY!

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-04 10:18 am   Permalink

Demo-shmemo---too much drama. GROG going to join Bamboo Ben and try and set everybody's logs on fire. Burn baby burn!!!

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2007-08-04 10:18 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 10:20 am   Permalink

That ROCKS Grog ! Plus I can almost see your leopard print thong too . SCHWEEEET !

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 10:47 am   Permalink

Current Carver Count for the Village is ---

23 Guys
10 Girls

Total
33 Carvers!

Hey Grog - is Bamboo Ben coming??? What's up wit him? Does he have a booth this year or what???

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation