FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 5:42 pm   Permalink

The pendant design turned out great, Cam.

Any word on how the mold came out? Mieko?

Can't wait to witness Lee's auctioneering skills.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:09 pm   Permalink

First casting. Still working on the details.

Here's the question - should Mieko & me finish these, (as in coat, stain, paint) or should we give them all out and you Choppers can customize them induvidually? We have suggestions about color, etc., but you all are pretty creative...

These might look cool in a woodgrain, but how about burnished antique silver?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:18 pm   Permalink

I want you guys to do mine, man.......there's a shitload of my artwork piling up at this house and I'm sick of looking at my own creations.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 04:04 am   Permalink

Yeah, but Billy, how do you really feel about doing these?

That's what I like about this guy, he's nothing if not direct! Dude, quit that government job and become a divorce lawyer!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 1:00 pm   Permalink

I'm quitting next year and going to Culinary school, man.......screw civil service and law. YUCK!! This tiki carving thing will transfer over quite nicely into ice sculpting, too.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 07:16 am   Permalink

Hey , whats this ? Cammo wrote me and asked if I wanted to come down and carve with the group on Sunday . Now I see that its posted that Im a special guest ? Im just a clown from Cucamonga who started with a 3/4" home depot chisel and an electric freekin' chainsaw . You really know how to put the pressure on . I see some of the other names and now Im intimidated . I should be watching you guys . Ill see ya there though and thanks , Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 07:41 am   Permalink

Ray, we have some VERY SPECIAL early work of yours that we may be auctioning off on Saturday. It's EXTREMELY EARLY Tiki-Ray stuff, possibly the first thing you ever carved!

As a matter of fact, it was produced so early in the Ray Career that it might be just a bit embarassing to the Ray of 2007, know what I mean?

If you don't want anyone to see this EARLY stuff, you can buy me drinks and sushi all Oasis weekend, but this ain't blackmail, right?

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 6:03 pm   Permalink

Its not that genuine , one of a kind like a snowflake , extremely fragile but priceless tiki wood chip is it ??????? If it not , you have me guessing , Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 7:11 pm   Permalink

One of the most intriguing things about this event is the "no power tools" restriction.

I'm dying to see folks limited to just hand tools.

And Ray,

Cammo showed me those early pieces of yours last weekend. They're quite a hoot.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 7:26 pm   Permalink

I think we were at the beach and I gave Cammo some wood for the fire and then he asked me to sign it . Maybe thats it .
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 7:36 pm   Permalink

No Ray, that ain't it.

Think back, way back. Farther. Back to when you were just a little misunderstood Tiki-Ray sitting in the corner of your garage. You wanted to make Tikis but didn't know how. Nobody was there to help you. And they laughed at you, you and your crazy ideas.

But you'd show them, all of them. You'd make a Tiki. All by yourself!

Before you had ever bought your first 3/4" Home Depot chisel, you MADE something. Something very interesting.

Remember now?

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 8:12 pm   Permalink

You're killing me but you know whats worse ? Im still misunderstood and sitting in my garage . I gotta get a life !

Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 9:46 pm   Permalink

No power tools? No chainsaw!!? AWW F@&K!!!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-21 11:18 am   Permalink

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-22 07:57 am   Permalink

Now that everyone's had a great time Tiki-Bashing, here's the Carving Village pendant update:

Mieko and I spent Saturday working (well, actually, mostly Mieko, I sacked out on her couch and watched "Jack of All Trades" on DVD and slurped Diet Cherry Cokes) making the first pass of the pendants. We were going to make a bunch of different colors and textures, but these ones came out so snazzy we decided to do 'em all like this.

This picture doesn't do it justice, in reality it looks and feels exactly like antique ivory.

The girl's ones we'll maybe do in pink. And something that worked really well is bending the thing while it's still soft, to give it a slight convex surface. Then we just dunked it in ice water to firm the bend. See?...

So - I need a list of exactly what name you want at the bottom of the pendant. TC or real first name? And any assistants you're bringing, what's their name as well. PM me or post to this thread and we'll start making these happen.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation