FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-04 11:04 am   Permalink

Are you kidding? Any chance to have that many people in one place that he can be drunk and mischeavous with.....

And if you think I'm joking about the possibilty of B.Ben attempting to light people's carvings on fire, then you don't know Ben. That will probably be the least crazy thing he does. And, if he's got any fireworks left over.....

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 9:15 pm   Permalink

mr.noname, my friend who's a photographer from national geographic sent that to me. he said it drives the native women wild. you know what huge hands mean . . . . .

huge gloves.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 10:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-04 21:15, pdrake wrote:
mr.noname, my friend who's a photographer from national geographic sent that to me. he said it drives the native women wild. you know what huge hands mean . . . . .

huge gloves.

Big nostrils.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 12:28 pm   Permalink

News Bulletin #4!

Buzzy and I have been working (well, not really working more like goofing off and talking about working) on a show poster for the Carving Village. It turns out Ace hardware may sponsor us, so we have to make this look like it's more than a bunch of pals having a big parking lot party, which of course is exactly what it is.

So I got out my trusty but rusty fisheye lens camera, and you can vote on the picture you want on the poster - just PM me or shoot yer mouth off right here -

I think these came out not too bad....

Buzzy #1

Buzzy #2

Buzzy #3

Buzzy #4

Buzzy #5

Buzzy #6

Buzzy #7

Buzzy #8

And yeah, I'll be bringing the fisheye to the Oasis, so you folks will all look 100x crazier than normal!

Laytah

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 1:05 pm   Permalink

#5 is a good pic, but #8 has a more interesting look except you cant see Buzzys face. Re-shoot #8 with lighting so we can see his face. The silhouette look is cool, but I think we should see his face, otherwise I vote #5.

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 1:06 pm   Permalink

So hard to choose from all those great shots of Buzzy's nose hair, but I'm gonna have to go with #6.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 4:47 pm   Permalink

Six is the best, but can't you re-shoot, using Zaya, or Kate w/boots???
That mug may scare people off...

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 5:53 pm   Permalink

Hey, those are all good shots, but no one's gonna recognise Buzzy; he's not naked!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 6:12 pm   Permalink

did you take those with your camera phone??? man, ansel adams you are not.....

reshoot....or posterize/bitmap or duotone those bastards and see if that helps...

so if you cry, throw down your tools and threaten to leave you get to be the poster boy, nice gig

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 6:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-05 17:53, Tiki Lee's wrote:
Hey, those are all good shots, but no one's gonna recognise Buzzy; he's not naked!

But he's showin' some leg in #6.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 6:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-05 18:12, Clysdalle wrote:
so if you cry, throw down your tools and threaten to leave you get to be the poster boy

The requirements were very stringent. I had to be sitting around with nothing to do in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week; have big pile of tikis and wood chips just laying around at my disposal; and have the ability to answer my phone when it rings.

I seem to have met all those requirements last Thursday.

Ugly Buzzy + Big nose + fish eye lens = a mug on a poster that will frighten people from this event.

I vote for #8.

Or, we all send in a tiki picture of something carved at a chop and we just make a collage. But I think we do not have time for that.

It's too bad I'm so ugly.
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 9:14 pm   Permalink

"reshoot....or posterize/bitmap or duotone those bastards and see if that helps... "

Hey Clyde, get with it! Fisheye, or lomography, as the biggest thing in photography now! It's all about anti-digital, schemp, get with it before you get lost in the dust! (cough, cough)

Lomography pulls in like 1000% more light than a regular lens, forcing the film surface to either go deep black contrast or intense color. It's the hottest thing with extreme sports photogs, you can't get your hands on a waterproof fisheye these days, they're sold before they're made.

I'm doing a surfing ecommerce site right now that's gonna be 80% lomography, it looks KILLER. Posterizing is so 90's, mine the fisheye!

www.lomography.com/fisheye

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 9:14 pm   Permalink

You're not ugly bro, you're my hero! (But I would avoid fish-eye lenses in the future, just a thought.)

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 9:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-05 21:14, Cammo wrote:
"reshoot....or posterize/bitmap or duotone those bastards and see if that helps... "

Hey Clyde, get with it! Fisheye, or lomography, as the biggest thing in photography now! It's all about anti-digital, schemp, get with it before you get lost in the dust! (cough, cough)

Lomography pulls in like 1000% more light than a regular lens, forcing the film surface to either go deep black contrast or intense color. It's the hottest thing with extreme sports photogs, you can't get your hands on a waterproof fisheye these days, they're sold before they're made.

I'm doing a surfing ecommerce site right now that's gonna be 80% lomography, it looks KILLER. Posterizing is so 90's, mine the fisheye!

http://www.lomography.com/fisheye

hahaha....fisheye new....I did photography in the mountain bike industry in the late 90's and fisheyes were played out then. Great more xgames/skater/gnar gnar/grindage looking photos....

Who still shoots with film anyhow...even glamor shots in the mall has switched over!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-05 10:07 pm   Permalink

Dang Cammo!
How did you get a REAL artist to participate? (just kidding you carver guys out there!)

This Mr Howell guy is incredible!

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 10:13, Cammo wrote:
Our Tiki Carving Village Special Guest this year is Richard Morgan Howell. He carves stuff like this

He learned to carve in the South Seas, during his full time work as a fisheries expert. Hes lived everywhere, carved with natives in Tonga, Fiji, Hawaii, you name it. He came to Babalu's Lemon Grove Chop, and let Clysdalle use a real adze for the first time. We got along with him right away.

Richard's incredible website;

http://www.oceania-art.com

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation