FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-05 10:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-04 10:47, Cammo wrote:

Hey Grog - is Bamboo Ben coming??? What's up wit him? Does he have a booth this year or what???

ben will be there and will be boothless

Free Munktiki mug to the man who can convince Boo to work (ie carve) during his vacation
(it has to be a real carving, not a few whacks at a log)

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 10:21 pm   Permalink

Ok you big Babies!!! Enough with the arguing and on with the real work! Here's what Hot poster guy Buzzy, Billybobalu, and I were doing today while you guys were all fighting over who the better photographer is!

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Whoa Whoa Whoa!

These guys will think I'm crazy, but I had fun! Except for the blisters on my hands, but that's ok.

Oh yeah, and I say definitely number 8 for the poster. Cam I'll take an 8x10 glossy of number 7 for myself though.

Zaya

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 11:03 pm   Permalink

So Billy Bee's most precious and beautiful dream came true at last! There he is, rolling, hopping, nesting in a giant pile of uncarved logs. Can't wipe that grin off his face, all that and a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon too!

And the poster of Buzzy isn't a payoff for dragging his butt back into the ring, he's just the closest guy to where I live who has a backyard full of hand carved Tikis.

I've never seen Bam Bam Ben do ANY carving, on vacation OR off, how the heck can ANYBODY git that guy to whack up a Tiki???? He's welcome, anyway, I guess, but keep him away from my Black Ulu'a fish.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 12:20 am   Permalink

Oh, I had the time of my life, man......Vista is a HOT place in the summer and by "HOT", I don't mean it's big with the masses. It actually took us no time at all to feild-dress and load 11 great logs, while taking time to admire their bloated, sun-dried carcasses.

Log stripping party next Sunday? Got some great ideas to share, even if it's just me, Buzz, & Cammo, but it would be nice if others could join us.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 12:23 am   Permalink

# 7 for sure. You people need to definitely look outside the box....let's let loose and go with the daring one.........take a chance.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 01:50 am   Permalink

I think #7 is cool as well.

Who's looking INSIDE the box? Where IS this freakin' boox, man!!!?

Who's got the box? I wanna see what's in it. You guys need to share the box. If I had the box, I'd share, that's for sure!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 03:21 am   Permalink

You guys are SO CLOSE to the answer, ya cain't even see it!

THIS IS THE POSTER.....

Just add some text and do your Photoshop Magic. I'd LOVE to see what you arr-teests come up with!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-06 06:31 am   Permalink

GROG vote for #8.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 07:03 am   Permalink

If you go with #8 (my choice), I'll take a t-shirt too.

Buzzy...you got a your Xmas cards done Bro.

You guys should have called me....I would have brought my big truck and helped. Will sharpen the draw knife for next Saturday.

Otto, that Mr. Howell is a very talented fella...real nice guy too. He has traveled all around the world, and stayed for long periods in many different exotic places to learn his craft.

It will be great fun to have so many people carving at the same time.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 07:46 am   Permalink

I can't go anywhere next weekend cause I'll be picking up some sixpacks of my newest addiction - (blue) Romulen Ale at the World's Biggest Star Trek Convention in wonderful downtown LAS VEGAS!

But Buzzy, I'll stop by and help out this week.

Billy Bee - heat schmeat, get off it brah, there's no masking the elation on your face.

Show Poster coming soon, I'll hand over scans of #8 if anybody else wants to do T-shirts, but it's getting kind of busy around here right now!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 10:36 am   Permalink

Yup, I was elated, alright......like a 10 peckered rabbit in a brothel with a company credit card!!

HEY BABALU!! New mug idea, man! Billy the 10 peckered rabbit!( sort of like Khali, but different)

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 12:00 pm   Permalink

"like a 10 peckered rabbit in a brothel with a company credit card!!"

I think that's the funniest thing I've ever read on TC.

GOOD FOR YOU, BUGS!

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 12:31 pm   Permalink

My vote is for #8...I like the mystique of the shadowing and tiki in the background.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 12:35 pm   Permalink

So how lame am I? I never actually understood that a Chop was actually just doing a bunch of carving. I thought it was a bunch of people really into messing around with motorcycles. Guess it helps to actually read the threads.....
Anyway, I gotta get to a Chop! Sounds like a good time. Looks like the Carving Village for Oasis would be good times but I only got these crappy logs at home that still need to be skinned.
If carving a crappy log doesn't DQ me, can I show up on Saturday? Do you have to buy a ticket to attend the chop? Wasn't planning on attending Oasis this year since it's gotten so bloody expensive, but I can jet down from the OC for the day and finally get back to work on cutting off my finger.
Please! I need to be accepted by other people! I can't handle rejection!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 2:05 pm   Permalink

Josh baby,

YOU'RE IN!

Just come to the Oasis, head over to the Carving Village, and ask for Billy Bee. He'll set you up. We may (you'll have to check with Buzzy) have both logs for cheap (if you want one all to yourself) and some test chisels for you to use. Don't worry, I'm not kidding, come on down, everybody is invited, everybody's more than welcome.

I think we'll have a demo log that anybody can try carving on, and one for old hand pro's to carve a section of...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation