FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 3:37 pm   Permalink

Cool, man!! All we'll havr to do on Sunday is chop and drink Pepsi! Sounds good to me!

[ This Message was edited by: billybobaloo 2007-08-09 15:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: billybobaloo 2007-08-09 15:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: billybobaloo 2007-08-10 03:25 ]

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 4:03 pm   Permalink

Hey billybobaloo!
Congrats on 100 TC posts!
You're just about to become promoted to a TC Socialite...
That's way better than being on a poster.

I think you being excluded is racism, pure and simple.
Or maybe your name was too long...

By the way.
You DIDN'T get on one of these either.

I mean they didn't print a personal picture for you either. I didn't want to imply you were getting on anything.

I Have A Dream! This image will be buned into your retinas forever!
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 4:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah........I wouldn't want to be "getting on" that. What star-struck celebrity name-dropper made that flyer, man? I may be new and may have slaughtered a beautiful log, but I think this is a pretty good save....this is what's left of it=

and here's that piece of scrap I got from 4WDtikis backyard

What, I suck?

[ This Message was edited by: billybobaloo 2007-08-10 03:35 ]

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 4:59 pm   Permalink

Hey Billy, that's nice...I'm glad to have contributed the use of my 20 oz. mallet!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 5:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Cheeky! That's a nice mallet......must get me one. How are those "Pink Cheeky Monkies" coming?

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 11:40 am   Permalink

Holy cr@p Billy! Those guys look great!! You're fast!!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 12:21 pm   Permalink

Log update:

So far I have 21 individual project logs and one group log done. I still have two group logs to plane, and three more logs to defrond and plane. From those logs, I will get 18 more split individual pieces. Looks like I can provide 39 individual projects pieces and between the three group logs, about 18 more people can be accomodated.

A few of you said that you have your own logs that you're bringing. Could you all please check in with me just so I can get a rough estimate of how many people there are who I do not need to worry about.

Finally, if some of you have your own logs, you should bring those to use. Most of these logs are a little damp still. They might not be ready by auction time. At best, there are only a dozen split pieces that will be ready that fast.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 1:24 pm   Permalink

I contacted Lady Borgia, guys and she plans on joining us for the chop. Although she appears to be chopping in this picture, it is just a clever parody and she claims to have no real knowledge of the fine art of carving tikis. I'm still too new to give any real direction, so we'll need a volunteer coach. Any takers?

You know, with all of the talent and creativity we get to work around at every chop, I'm amazed that EVERYBODY isn't picking it up fast.

Today, Tiki got teeth.....and it's first snack, Paco!

LatinyWahine

Posted: 2007-08-10 1:37 pm   Permalink

Hola Crayola.........bb clean up your woodchips when I get home!!!

View Profile of LatinyWahine Send a personal message to LatinyWahine  Goto the website of LatinyWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 3:14 pm   Permalink

Lady Borgia was carving in my booth at the Roy Varga pinup barbque . That is where she aquired her carving skills .She was actually teaching me a few techniques during that pic . I hear she will be wearing this same outfit at the chop as well . Tiki-Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 3:17 pm   Permalink

Yeah, she said those were your tikis and chisels she was posing with. Since you already know her, you should be her coach, man.

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 3:40 pm   Permalink

It is my job to spend time with all pinups , not just one .Work, work, work !

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 10:47 pm   Permalink

You know......I looked a little closer at the photo........and she has the chisel upside-down.

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 7:58 pm   Permalink

Potential Helpers:
PM me if any of you plan on helping out tomorrow. Thinking about 11am. After tomorrow, I'm not doing any more log work, so whatever we have done tomorrow is it.

Still have 3 big logs to husk, plane, and split and one husked that needs planing

Buzzy Out!

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-12 2:11 pm   Permalink

My partner (in crime) took a little spill on his bike last night so I was short 33% of my team today.

Final log count is as follows:

33 individual split or round logs, 3 group logs, 1 reserve log

The following people have PM'd me and requested logs and will be guaranteed a log for the chop:
Cannibal Sam, Father of Sam, Hiltiki, 4wd, Tiki Lee, Billybobaloo, Babalu, Tbirdman, Mieko, Tiki Kate, Clysdalle, Tikijosh, and Cammo.

The rest of the 20 log pieces will be for sale at the chop area on a first come first basis. The prices are $5-10 per piece.

There will be two group logs available for guests to try carving for free. These two logs wil accomodate about 12 people.

This concludes my pre chop prep work. I might need someone who is going early on Friday to swing by and grab a few pieces to take down there.

See you all there!

Buzzy Out!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation