FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 05:57 am   Permalink

How late? That depends on how fun it is.

Actually, the Bali Hai warm-up party is usually more crazed than any other part of the event - people are STOKED, the music is great, and there's a big free parking lot right out front.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 09:01 am   Permalink

The wife and I will be there. She's got me wearing a hockey helmet and a leash.......and if I order a Mai Tai, I have to wear water wings.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 01:56 am   Permalink

O.K.,

Buzzy & Cammo's postings of stuff they're gonna be bringing to T.O. got me all motivated & stuff, so I just posted some of what I'M bringin'!

Here's DA LINK-

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25286&forum=12&0

Plus, this is a good way to bump this thread up to the top again!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 04:44 am   Permalink

See you folks Saturday. Carving all day, Auction at 3:45, after Beachbum Berry's talk.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 8:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

There will be 25 carvers involved, many are regulars from our monthly Tiki Chops.

Where the heck was everybody!!! There was maybe ten of us, and we had a great time. Tikis were carved, tikis were sold.
Be there Sunday! Auction at 2:30.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 9:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-18 20:19, 4WDtiki wrote:
Quote:

There will be 25 carvers involved, many are regulars from our monthly Tiki Chops.

Where the heck was everybody!!! There was maybe ten of us, and we had a great time. Tikis were carved, tikis were sold.
Be there Sunday! Auction at 2:30.

I'm coming tomorrow! I probably won't get there until about 2 or so! Save me a log!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 10:02 pm   Permalink

Friday I got off work at 1am, didn't waky-waky til 1pm, so I'm prepped to be down sunday am, bright & early, with the boy in tow! Sorry I missed out!

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 08:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-18 21:36, TikiJosh wrote:I'm coming tomorrow!

Me too. Cut the dickens out of my finger the other day and Pakalololita forbid me from woodworking till they took the huge marshmallow wrapping off my stitches so my hand could fit in a glove... but will be there to whitle Tangaroa pendants today! Better late than never I suppose.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 5:44 pm   Permalink

carved my first tiki here. wayy stoked witht he result of it. ill post a pick later. for those of you who dont know me, im tiki thomas. i was carving the tiki in miekos easy up

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2007-08-20 01:27 ]

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 8:22 pm   Permalink

Wow, what a great chop! Got a lot of carving done, got some great ideas from other people, and introduced a huge number of people to the wonders of carving!!
TikiThomas08 made a GREAT tiki(get those pictures up!) and a few other people tried out a chisel as well. Sounds like we might have a HUGE chop next month, I spoke to so many people who are interested in coming to the next chop that I lost count!
Big Thanks to Buzzy for all the logs! It wouldn't have been a chop without him.

Our auctions were a huge success, the Saturday one was a little small but a great start, and Sunday was great!
HUGE Thanks to BOSKO and Tiki Diablo for donating tikis to the raffle! We have some money for our group - Cammo's vote is to get some yummy Phil's BBQ ribs for the next chop which sounds great, lemme know if you have any other ideas.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 01:12 am   Permalink

Now THAT was fun.

Everybody was amazing, but I think Billy Bobaloo stole the show with his constant wisecracks, his one arm chopping style, his constant enthusiastic sales, his extremely decorative wife, and his bottomless-pit capacity for drugs and alcohol.

In other words, he's my new hero.

I saw Buzzy sweat for the very first time, which was weird becase he seemed to magically have the only shade in the entire poolside vending area and sat there taking people's cash all day. He may have simply dabbed water on his forehead to make it LOOK like he was working really hard.

Otto seemed to have more fun than anybody else, except for our Billy Bee. And Otto loved our Carving Village. He was totally into the idea from day one, and his eyes lit up with a crazed glow when I told him we had new converts like Thomas.

Cheeky had the best party and the best drink, no contest.

Cripes, that Thomas guy flew through that log.

4WD did real good. REAL good.

The pool was 9.5 feet in the deep end. Excellent pool. Crazy Al kept chickening out (cluck, cluck!) when I dared him to race me.

Bamboo Ben is CRAZY. Crazy Al is the SANEST man I've ever met.

Mieko made new pendants Saturday night, those are the ones that hit the auction and paid in spades for the pendant materials.

The Sunday auction was a big hit. We netted plenty for ribs and onion rings next time; like Mieko says, thank Bosko and Danny for them.

Tiki-Ray was blushing beet red when we auctioned off his green shields, which is pretty hard to achieve considering some of the photo shoots he's been a part of.

Vegas Lee went home real happy.

I made a big tongue.

Blackstrap Rum goes great with that Shasta Tiki Soda. We have it on good authority that it tasted better than the drinks Beachbum Berry was making next door.

If you rub Kennie's hair you get good luck.

Kate was there chopping 9:30am Friday to the end of the day Sunday, and still managed to teleport herself to the shopping and back like a sped-up cartoon.

Anyway, time for bed.

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 01:46 am   Permalink

heres me/ my tiki. not bad for my first one eh? thanks to everyone, especialy mieko for all the help, tips, and tools.

after who knows how long of choping

then i torched that bad boy, and sanded him. now im hooked, cant wait for the next SD chop

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 05:59 am   Permalink

Hey Thomas,

That tiki is very sweet indeed my friend! Your enthusiasm for carving is also very cool. Welcome to the crew!!

Cammo is right, Billy B was hung over with a busted up arm and still one of the last carvers standing. Rock on BB!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 06:48 am   Permalink

Oh yeah, Babalu and Buzzy both turned into permanent Tiki guys this weekend. They've been wobbling on the fence for a while...

I saw Buzzy standing in a long line waiting for a Soccertiki Mai Tai, and Babs bought the sweetest hand carved fish hook pendant ever made. Also Babs had a lot of work to do Sunday but showed up all day with a lopsided grin and goofed off poolside instead.

Thank you Buzzy God for your help, affability and logs. You make the other Tiki Guys look they're working too hard at it.

Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 10:38 am   Permalink

I had such a great time on Saturday at Tiki Oasis! The carving villiage was such a success, and everyone did an awesome job! Thank you so much Cammo and Mieko for our totally cool pendants!! You guys really went all out for us. Here are my pictures from the day's events....

Let the auction begin!

WOO HOO!!! Buzzy won the auction for the TikiRay business card holder!

Here's one of Buzzy burning his signature into his tiki. (P.S. Love the picture that was posted of it in it's new home!!)

You can also check out my post on Buzzy's thread of his Pin Up signing pictures! Just click here...
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19078&forum=7&start=1575&1582

Thanks for such a great time everyone!!

Zaya

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation