FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 4:53 pm   Permalink

I think the whole "Celebrity" carver stuff is a bit much, man. If we keep this up, everyone in our chopping group will be backing out, one by one. As you can see by the above post, we've already lost a key member of our chop community, and that's not good. We need to a solution, here because I was looking forward to chopping and hauling logs with Buzzy.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 5:05 pm   Permalink

Actually, I thought it would be fun to carve with Bosko!

When did everybody get all hoity toity? Ooooh, sorry, I'll go play mah Gran' Pee-ano now! Dinner will be served on the Veran-dah!

We've got Ray and Von Tiki and a bunch of others coming, that's the whole point of this to have a big free for all carve-a-thon that everybody, and I mean everybody, regardless of race, sex or creed (whatever 'creed' is) is invited to!

C'mon, Buzz! We know you WANT to.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 6:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-30 14:53, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
At this point in time, I am completely disassociating myself with this entire event.

Buzzy Out!

At this point in time, I am officially heartbroken and crestfallen.

I'm not sure what I missed. I went back through and read all of the posts leading up to this one. Am I so naive that the answer is out there, and I'm just not seeing it?

The only reason I'm going to Oasis this year is this one event. I'm just not the party party yahoo boy howdy type. I just wanted to hang out with my friends and carve.

What the heck happened?

P.S. If you were just kidding Buzzy, everyone can just disregard this post.

Cam - click here.
So Cal = Hoity Toity It's from before my time, but is still one of my all-time favorite threads. Read the whole thing. It's got some fine comedic moments.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 6:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-30 18:10, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-30 14:53, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
At this point in time, I am completely disassociating myself with this entire event.

Buzzy Out!

At this point in time, I am officially heartbroken and crestfallen.

I'm not sure what I missed. I went back through and read all of the posts leading up to this one. Am I so naive that the answer is out there, and I'm just not seeing it?

The only reason I'm going to Oasis this year is this one event. I'm just not the party party yahoo boy howdy type. I just wanted to hang out with my friends and carve.

What the heck happened?

P.S. If you were just kidding Buzzy, everyone can just disregard this post.

Cam - click here. So Cal = Hoity Toity It's from before my time, but is still one of my all-time favorite threads. Read the whole thing. It's got some fine comedic moments.

I'm with ya, Kate. I know I'm new to the chop community, but it just won't be the same unless everyone makes it. Another thing too is that I don't want to be all, "Hey, Buzzy, you're upset and not coming? That sucks, man but can you still hook us up with logs?". We can't take Buzzys logs unless he's rolling with them. It just wouldn't feel right.

BUZZY, PLEASE SAY YOU WERE KIDDING!!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 7:12 pm   Permalink

I don't get it. What's wrong with Bosko giving a half hour demo? Is that so painful? I mean, the guy is reputed to have carved a few tikis in his time.

And Bosko was one of the original three to teach the original Oki Oki, it just makes a lot of sense to get back together and Choppy Chop together. I mean, he taught the first Chop! What the heck?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 7:27 pm   Permalink

Maybe I was wrong but I thought we were all going to have a group chop and enjoy it for what it is . Im usually carving anyways at Oasis so why not join . But then I saw that I was a special guest and I was a little suprised . I dont have any monolouque prepared or have anything special in mind . I thought I was just gonna come down and carve and maybe field some questions . Im always ready to help but I just dont have the time to hire a team of writers and make pie charts and graphs .Im for just enjoying the weekend and having fun talking shop while we create . You know like when Cammo attends his underwater basketweaving classes ?

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-RAY 2007-07-30 19:31 ]

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 7:54 pm   Permalink

Uhhhh...Sorry dudes and dudettes...Being a caner and all, I can't do any one thing for three days straight...I'm good for Saturday.

Demo wise? Well, I thought I would try something a little Jackson Pollack'y with wood...maybe toss down a few shrooms...put arms straight out to the side...and do helicopter spins around a log all afternoon...will strike the log when the moment is just right. Yeah, I know it's a little old school, but hey, it's fun, and ya-all might learn something?

Besides, I'm allergic to all them fruity rum drinks...they make me pee green! Plus, I can never swallow those cute little umbrellas, even if I chew-um up real good first.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 8:05 pm   Permalink

It will be great having you there no matter how much time you have to spend, Babalu. Caner? My ass! You're probably one of the most creative cats I've ever met! I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing that Bunny-penis mug all finished up.

We need to change Buzzys mind, guys. Will somebody fix this, please?

T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 8:58 pm   Permalink

Babs, you're silly! Thats what a Vita-Mix does, it purees the lil umbrellas so you dont have to chew!

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 9:25 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Ray; you're a guest and you're special but that doesn't make you a special guest. Don't get any big ideas. You'll always be just one of the guys to us duffers here at Chop Chop Charlie's Bar and Grill. You can do anything you want, just show up and throw darts at a palm log for all we care.

Hey, that's a great idea, throw darts, connect the dots and GO FOR IT! Abstract tiki style! Hey, THAT'S MY DEMO!

TBirdman - Come on down! Hurry it up! Faster!

Babs - Yer always welcome, anytime's good, everybody wants to meet the guy who makes all the weird, I mean cool looking stuff. (Bring me a six pack of Peyote buttons from that guy at Freeform, will ya?)

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 11:17 pm   Permalink

I'm still tapping my foot and scratching my head, man. Or am I scratching my foot and tapping my head.......

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 12:46 am   Permalink

What's wrong with Bosko doing a demo? I'd consider it an honor to carve with the og revival master.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 01:59 am   Permalink

Nothing is wrong with it........but if Buzzy doesn't show, there will not be any logs to demo on anyways. I know he was MY log source, and we were going to get them ready and stripped next week, so I guess this excludes me from the chop as well. I wanted to chop and I don't have time to knock down a Mexican Fan-Palm and dry the fucker out before the chop.
I really do understand Buzzys point, even though I'm a big fan of just letting things go smoothly and forgetting personal reservations. The chop at Oasis (and these are not my words, I'm repeating them) was supposed to be a bunch of friends who chopped together, taking their show on the road, not a glorification of choppers who have commercially made a name for themselves.( I apologize if that offends anyone, but that's a common feeling among the crowd )

Imagine a frosty Mai Tai in the middle of a room full of hip convicts. It's 90 degrees farenheit. The lights go out. Me? I'm the pineapple slice.

[ This Message was edited by: billybobaloo 2007-07-31 02:11 ]

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 04:44 am   Permalink

Billy, the whole point of this chop is for everyone in the carving community to get together and chop like crazy. Everyone. It was never a locals-only event, that was extremely clear from the start. Read the original shout-out in the carving zone.

The idea was to have spots for 10 locals and 10 out-of-towners to all get together and chop. We're up to almost 30 now.

This may be the only time in history where there will be this many tiki carvers in one spot at one time. If Otto takes the Oasis elsewhere next year, this carving party will simply not happen; the Hanalei is the only hotel with this kind of space to throw around. A bigger, fancier hotel won't let this happen on their grounds, a smaller one simply won't have the space.

And the idea of celebrity carvers is a good thing. I'm glad that some are well known, what's wrong with that? It's good for the whole community. Bosko is a nice guy. Ray actually has "I'm a Nice Guy" tattooed all over his right arm. Good for them!

Logs schmogs dude, sharpen your tools. Git ready.

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 08:13 am   Permalink

Why has this turned into a "us" and "them" thing. It's just carving a piece of wood for christ's sake. now it's turning into this big ole issue. I think Buzzy owe an explanation if he's was bringing logs and now he's not. Maybe I should just stay out of this, seeing as I wasn't going to participate. This must bite for Otto.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation