FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-07-31 08:48 am   Permalink

Exactly. It's just carving a piece o' wood.

Anybody who wants to carve or just watch carving should go whether you be professional, non-professional but experienced, or total novice who never picked up a tool before. GROG not going to carve, but GROG go watch. And if there are professionals there carving, GROG will observe and ask questions whether they be doing demonstations or not. And if there are newby carvers there, GROG point and laugh. Either way, anybody who wants to impart some carving knowledge, or lack there of is more than welcome. This should be fun.

GROG just planning to be drunk and laugh at everybody trying to keep Bamboo Ben from lighting their logs on fire.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-31 09:16 am   Permalink

I heard Ben was going on a strict regimen of 151 rum so he could pee on peoples logs then just drop his ciggy butt and walk away.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 10:04 am   Permalink

Well, I am in now!! Especially if Ben is gonna light logs on fire with pee. I wasn't planning on burning my tiki. But, now.... I am all for it.
I'll supply Ben's rum for the job but, he has to eliminate on my tiki. No one else can use my brand of pee rum mixture. I mean BBU/L&H151. I officially hold intellectual ownership of this brand.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 10:35 am   Permalink

So GROG, you plan on getting drunk and laughing a lot? Like, is this a new plan? I mean, when have I NOT seen you drunk and laughing a lot?

How about this for a plan, I call it the GROG Daily Planner;

1. get drunk
2. laugh
3. stumble around looking for cute girls
4. mumble
5. get more drunk
6. look for women
6. laugh at Bam Bam Ben
7. take a leak
8. try to find out if the person sitting next to you at the bar is female

repeat as needed.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 10:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

I call it the GROG Daily Planner;

repeat as needed.

Hmm, I do not see a repeat happening. Just forward momentum. Then an abrupt stop.

9 more drinkin
10 grunt
11 thud or thump, splash
12 awakened in koi pond by a large hungry fish swimming up shorts

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 11:35 am   Permalink

Like I said before, I'm a huge fan of everything going smoothly. Smooth is good......smooth and drunk is better. I still think we need to have our log stripping party, guys. We can discuss and fix everything then, right? We only have like two weeks to go and it's freakin' party time!!

I say that anyone who goofs this up may suffer the fate of Captain Cook!!(and I'm not going around to collect the pieces!)

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 12:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-04 21:54, Otto wrote:
Hey all you crazy carvers!

Do you want to recreate this event at Tiki Oasis live?

Or would you be interested in exhibiting the top 5 or ten Tikis resulting from the Chop Chop?

Either way it would give publicity/notoriety to your event.

Let me know if you are interested and we can brainstorm ways to make it happen Aug 17, 18 at the Hanalei

This was the original suggestion for the Big Chop. I don't know if anyone actually wanted any publicity or notoriety for our little monthly gathering, but I thought it sounded like a nice idea. A little change of scenery.

Remember everyone, this is supposed to be fun.

Neither Otto nor the Hanalei are providing any support for this event. They were just cool enough to give us some space and some basic guidelines so we could do the same thing we do every month.

I see this as any other monthly Chop. (Granted, I don't normally carve in go-go boots.) I'm just bringing my usual set up and maybe a pop-up of my own since we'll be a little more spread out than we normally are.

As always, I'll bring the big ice chest with plenty of soda and water for everyone who's carving. I'll probably bring a double batch of the chocolate chocolate chocolate cookies. (I'm hoping that there will be Spam masubi also. )

This is what we do every single month.

Maybe the hard feelings are coming from the fact that the "special guests" are only going to be there because of the publicity and notoriety.

Then again, these people have lives. They can't necessarily drive down to SD or Oceanside once a month to hang with the locals.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be carving if it weren't for Bosko. And Ray has always been very kind to me. It's going to be nice to be able to hang with some new people, but at the core of this event it's just the usual crowd.

There will come a day when a lot of us won't be able to afford an original piece of art by Clysdalle or Mieko or Tikidav or Buzzy. Don't miss out on this opportunity to spend time with these incredible people. It really is something very special.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 12:05 pm   Permalink

Looks like the 'koolkids' are coming unraveled....stay tuned !!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 12:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-31 12:05, TikiLaLe wrote:

Who are the 'koolkids'?

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 12:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-31 12:12, Turbogod wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-31 12:05, TikiLaLe wrote:

Who are the 'koolkids'?

Not me, man. I'm just a San Diego douchebag. Let's hear it for vinegar!!!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 12:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kate!

It really is just about getting some creative people together, having some time to work on our stuff and hopefully learn and get inspired by others. Like any month, I hope there are some new faces, as it's always great to learn from someone else.

I will have my normal musubis for us carvers. Not sure which day, but there will be some.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 2:37 pm   Permalink

Danny(Tiki Diablo) is right . This is being overthought and frustrations are coming out because of it . If you volunteered for something , fulfill your commitment . Others are counting on you . And please dont make a big deal about it . Its all about having fun with a larger group . Simple !
Years ago Bosko , Danny , C'Al and myself as well as others were just banging on some wood in our own corner of California just because it was fun and creative . Others now are just doing the same.....thats it !
We can all learn from each other as long as we are willing . I love seeing a new artist bring something I havent seen before to a show . Also we are doing a service to the community . We are actually doing something with those damn palm logs that even the dump doesnt want.My vote is for Ben to get a list of these rules and piss on them till they spontaneously combust and lets just have fun . For my shop, I have only one rule .
Dont turn on the Oxygen channel .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 3:37 pm   Permalink

"Beautiful star
Of my daytime drama
Yes it's in my hand now
You're my hope for a future
Beautiful star
Of my daytime drama
Love to win a boy
You're my hope for a future
Some are happy and some are amazed
Some are devoted
Some are saved
I was one, but i was saved
Again, again
Beautiful star of a daytime drama"

Wish I could be there! All of the drama and learn how to carve to boot.

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 6:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-23 17:11, Tiki-Kate wrote:
In all my wacky Girl Power fervor, I told Cammo, as not to interfere with the integrity of the event, that I would spend the whole weekend carving in go-go boots. Just wanted to prove the point that women can do anything men can do, and yes, we can do it in heels.

I'm with Kate, I too will be choping in Go-Go Boots as well!

As far as the chop, I'm treating this like any chop I've been too. I'm a bright green when it comes to chopping. I'm strictly doing this for fun. The chops have been become one of my most favorite things these days.

I will be sharing what little knowledge I've accummulated. Chopping for me has been a fantastic stress release, creative outlet, and chance to spend some quality time with friends. I for one, am looking forward to watching and getting tips from experienced carvers.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 6:33 pm   Permalink

Alright, I'm in too. Trust me folks, I am not doing this for any kind of publicity of any sort. Maybe y'all haven't noticed , but i am my own worst enemy for marketing and advertising. No website for years and most people don't know what project i am working on at the time. I post every now and then of stuff because Benzart's voice rings in my head. " Keep us updated" and "we need more carvings" .

I still love to carve, that hasn't changed for me. Y'all know what I'm talking about, that itchy carving finger you get when you know you have a great log and some sharp chisels. It is addictive.

I just want to have a little fun and see other enjoying themselves carving too. Hey these tiki parties we go to are for the most part "come one, come all" and that is what this chop should be. See y'all there!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2007-08-01 09:17 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation