FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-15 7:50 pm   Permalink

Hello Everyone,

Tiki Magazine is having its first art show November 2, 2007 at San Diego's Bali Hai restaurant. We have an all-star line-up of artists! Check out the cool poster by Hassan "Headhunter" Patterson. Mark your calendars, its a one night only show! Hope to see all of you there.

Nicktiki

[ This Message was edited by: nicktiki 2007-07-15 19:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: nicktiki 2007-07-16 20:12 ]

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-15 10:53 pm   Permalink

The show sounds like a blast! Always love going to Bali Hai AND San Diego!!! We'll have to make a weekend out of it. Isn't Tiki Ray also participating in the show?

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-16 05:09 am   Permalink

Cool poster Nicktiki, are they going to be for sale also at the show? Definitely on my list for the evening.

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 2:07 pm   Permalink

sounds like a cool event, but um wasn't there supposed to be live entertainment at this?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-16 5:30 pm   Permalink

I'll try to answer all questions. Tiki Ray will be one of the artists at the show. His craftsmanship is something to see. Show Posters will be available at the show. There will be live music by the Smokin' Menehunes. We are also working on a few other things that I can't announce just yet. It should be a great night.

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 6:46 pm   Permalink

Nick,

An art show in San Diego with the only local artist being Bosko?

What about Clysdalle and Tikidav and Mieko?

Just throwing out the names of a couple of amazing folks in the SD area. There are a ton more.

Sounds like it might be a fun event though.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-16 8:07 pm   Permalink

Hi Kate,

You're right. There are a lot of talented artists in San Diego. This isn't a slight on anyone. It was very tough narrowing the field. There are artists not involved with the show that I absolutely love their stuff. My hope is this can be an annual event and extend Tiki events into November.

Nick

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 8:30 pm   Permalink

YAY!
More stuff to paint!
What a Great Line-up!!!
Thanks Nick!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 8:40 pm   Permalink

Nick rocks !!!!!!!!!!Thanks for the fix on the typo my man !Now I dont have to take crap from Ken . He's good at it !

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 9:18 pm   Permalink

Why "narrow the field"???

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:04 pm   Permalink

Yay!!Smokin Menahune's, Now all weneed is San Diego's San Devils, and this will be a real shindig.
thanks for the answer Nick,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 18:46, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Nick,

An art show in San Diego with the only local artist being Bosko?

What about Clysdalle and Tikidav and Mieko?

Just throwing out the names of a couple of amazing folks in the SD area. There are a ton more.

Sounds like it might be a fun event though.

There are quite a few amazing choppers, just in our group here in SD. Seems a shame, indeed to "narrow the field" at the expense of these other great local choppers being edged out by a guy who's tikis all look pretty similair. My wife even mentioned that when we ate at Mr Tiki. She said "You can sure tell the same guy did all of these tikis!"

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 11:23 pm   Permalink

Awesome I can't wait for this show to come around. But who the hell is Randy Bain?

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 11:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 22:36, billybobaloo wrote:
There are quite a few amazing choppers, just in our group here in SD. Seems a shame, indeed to "narrow the field" at the expense of these other great local choppers being edged out by a guy who's tikis all look pretty similair. My wife even mentioned that when we ate at Mr Tiki. She said "You can sure tell the same guy did all of these tikis!"

Is it really necessary to put down one artist in an effort to promote a few others?
You can't really think that it's possible to put all the tiki artists in the world in one show, can you? Anyone who's any good will eventually get their time in the spotlight. At least a couple of the artists on the list for this show have never been in a Tiki Art Now show although they've been making tiki art for years! I don't hear them griping about it though. They know their time will come, as it will for any of the artists who make things people want to see.

I, for one, am really looking forward to seeing the work of the fantastic artists featured in Tiki Magazine's show!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 11:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 23:23, Chongolio wrote:
Awesome I can't wait for this show to come around. But who the hell is Randy Bain?

Chongolio

It's like finding out who Superman is

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation